Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The NEW ARTISTS' CORNER

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

daftusual

Faster Pussycat

Postby daftusual » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 am

This sounds promising!

andresjsalazar

Whippersnapper

Postby andresjsalazar » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:34 pm

I dig it.

crsx1

Faster Pussycat

Postby crsx1 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Awesome stuff. Eltopo I love the Clint Eastwood!

doodledude

Postby doodledude » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:22 pm

New here some of my art.Tell me what you think. :) ImageImageImageImage

cassidy morgan

Birdman

Postby cassidy morgan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Hiya, I'm Cassidy! I'm a 20 sumpthin' year ol' dude with a new found love for comics! I don't really have enough posts yet to start showin' you guys my work, but I'm excited to see what you guys think of it when I can! Either way, I'm stoked to be here. Have a lovely day! Aaaaaaand... look forward to that!

Chow! :)

Scarecrow

Attorney at Law

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Hipster Waldo

Matatronic

SUSHI FISH

Postby Matatronic » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Hey everyone!

My name is Mathew and I'm fairly new to the world of comic creation, but not new to creating in general. This is partially a learning experience for me, and a chance for me to expand my network and receive critiques from likeminded individuals. Earlier this year i joined up with a small group to make a TV show, and that somehow turned into us starting a comic in the same universe. Its Starship 420: A misfit alien space crew trapped in Earths orbit are out of food, resources and most importantly-- weed, which leads to an extraterrestrial space opera of the most high proportions. Here's a few concepts from our character creation! Please let me know what you think, and I cannot wait to join in this community.

Cheers!

Altitron

Peanut

Postby Altitron » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:56 am

Interesting stuff, Mathew! Looking forward to your posting more of your stuff.

Matatronic

SUSHI FISH

Postby Matatronic » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:33 pm

Thanks Altriton! When is your comic slated to launch? The story and characters look very interesting. Here's a look at some more of our concepts!

Altitron

Peanut

Postby Altitron » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:41 am

Matatronic wrote:Thanks Altriton! When is your comic slated to launch? The story and characters look very interesting. Here's a look at some more of our concepts!

I can dig the art style! As for my comic, I'm not entirely sure. I've already done a shit ton of world-building, but I'm gearing up for a deployment so work is pretty busy these days. I have a lot more character art that I'd like to do, get at least the school faculty ironed out and put out a pamphlet/brochure of sorts at some conventions in the area, leading up to a table at NYCC or something in a year or so. Gain some more visibility, a bit of a following, and traction through Patreon. I'm not really even sure what format I'd like to move forward with. Web comic? Comixology? A printed run? Who knows...

rustyrusty

Flying Mongoose

Postby rustyrusty » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:17 am

Looking good Matthew, like the style.

Matatronic

SUSHI FISH

Postby Matatronic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Altitron wrote:
I can dig the art style! As for my comic, I'm not entirely sure. I've already done a shit ton of world-building, but I'm gearing up for a deployment so work is pretty busy these days. I have a lot more character art that I'd like to do, get at least the school faculty ironed out and put out a pamphlet/brochure of sorts at some conventions in the area, leading up to a table at NYCC or something in a year or so. Gain some more visibility, a bit of a following, and traction through Patreon. I'm not really even sure what format I'd like to move forward with. Web comic? Comixology? A printed run? Who knows...

Why not all of it? A webcomic is fairly easy to host, especially with the website builders available. Have you considered doing a recruitment video as well? Something we're working on is a 1950's propaganda style video for the pharmaceutical corporation that sends out Starship 420. It adds a little depth, and from what I've researched about the entertainment market these days, you gotta have multiple platforms with content. The pamphlet idea is pretty smart as well. That would be cool to send out with previews if you go for a printed run!

Matatronic

SUSHI FISH

Postby Matatronic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:12 pm

rustyrusty wrote:Looking good Matthew, like the style.

Thanks!

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Matatronic wrote:Hey everyone!

My name is Mathew and I'm fairly new to the world of comic creation, but not new to creating in general. This is partially a learning experience for me, and a chance for me to expand my network and receive critiques from likeminded individuals. Earlier this year i joined up with a small group to make a TV show, and that somehow turned into us starting a comic in the same universe. Its Starship 420: A misfit alien space crew trapped in Earths orbit are out of food, resources and most importantly-- weed, which leads to an extraterrestrial space opera of the most high proportions. Here's a few concepts from our character creation! Please let me know what you think, and I cannot wait to join in this community.

Cheers!

this stuff is great

Matatronic

SUSHI FISH

Postby Matatronic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:23 pm

eltopo wrote:this stuff is great

Thank you so much!!

leave a comment with facebook