Tuesday, November 21, 2017 • Evening Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse ART Thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

shannonh

Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Greg wrote:Yep, that's one thing that always annoyed me with drawing, heh. I don't think I'll get to the place I'd like to get, but for now I just wanna keep going at it to see where I can go. Just need to stop falling off.

You gotta throw down every day or you'll never get better. I draw every day and I'm not talkin doodles. EVERY day.....just like exercise....it IS exercise. Cant you hear that eminem song "One Shot" playin in your head? 8)

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Ah, ignored just like back in the day...

I'm home.:)

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:13 am

Jsalwen wrote:Ah, ignored just like back in the day...

I'm home.:)

Oh you.

shannonh

Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:58 am

[quote="Jsalwen"]Here are a couple pieces for a little project I was playing with. I wanted to do a short teaser on what would happen if Superman came to the Marvel Universe.

So here are the covers (coloring by Superginraix) for Superman: Marvel at Tommorow.

Is this a homage to a New Mutants Rob Liefeld from back in the day? MAN this looks familiar. Nice work, though. I really like the style.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:16 am

Oh, it's definitely from the Cable Liefeld cover. The other cover with Supes is also an homage to a New Mutants cove by Sienkivicsenvejghde with the Beyonder.

shannonh

Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Jsalwen wrote:Oh, it's definitely from the Cable Liefeld cover. The other cover with Supes is also an homage to a New Mutants cove by Sienkivicsenvejghde with the Beyonder.

I loved Rob's run on New Mutants. This is a cool tribute.

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Here are the breakdowns for my Spider-Girl tribute piece. It took me far too long to draw that top half, but I like they way it's coming along. The lake lacks definition because I'm going to render it with markers. I'm leaving the rock smooth and light for text later.

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:09 pm

This was a very good thread. Awesome work guys. I enjoyed browsing over all the work within. I'll keep checking back to see the latest from youse.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:14 pm

spidertour02 wrote:Here are the breakdowns for my Spider-Girl tribute piece. It took me far too long to draw that top half, but I like they way it's coming along. The lake lacks definition because I'm going to render it with markers. I'm leaving the rock smooth and light for text later.

Nice.

I find the jaw a tad strong, and I think the eyebrow may be a little thick.

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Jsalwen wrote:Nice.

Good call.

Maybe even tilt the head somewhat, give it more grace to match all the other elements...

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Jsalwen wrote:Nice.

Interestingly, I made those same observations myself on another message board. :lol:

Yeah, I'll be fixing both of those problems when I sit down to ink this.

prozacman

Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:54 pm

"Pacman Eating Ghost" I did for my friends kids today

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:02 pm

spidertour02 wrote:Here are the breakdowns for my Spider-Girl tribute piece. It took me far too long to draw that top half, but I like they way it's coming along. The lake lacks definition because I'm going to render it with markers. I'm leaving the rock smooth and light for text later.

Ah, it's kool to see this compared to the previous pic. I would like to point out that compared to the rest of the body, the booty looks quite flat.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:02 pm

prozacman wrote:"Pacman Eating Ghost" I did for my friends kids today

Haha! Awesome! :-D

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:45 pm

My Spider-Girl tribute is done. I've decided not to finish this with markers, because I like it the way it is. Besides, somebody promised me a colored version, and I'm holding him to that one. :wink:

I tweaked the jawline and eyebrow to fix the problems from the breakdowns.

EDIT: Okay, it's now updated to add a small revision. I'm ashamed to have even made that mistake in the first place. :P

leave a comment with facebook