Saturday, December 15, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Owl Tribe

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:52 pm

NoctourneM wrote:Good history is far more interesting when you make up the details.

Truth can be stranger than fiction. People do weird shit in real life that's hard to dream up.

But I "get" the writer's meaning. ;)

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:41 am

Old Viho from The Owl Tribe.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:20 am

Your artwork is very, very nice. 8)
It's refreshing to see people with flesh over their muscles, not crazy/bulky musculature or awkward angularity. The figures look like real people (what a concept, lol).

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Thank you, Outsider. I really appreciate your commment.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:52 am

It's been awhile, hasn't it? In that time, I completed the colouring of the next batch of #TheOwlTribe pages... so here is page 6.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:52 am

Page 7

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Here we go again.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Some new stuff.

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:43 pm

I have a comment on the speech bubbles (the art looks great!).
The first two dialogue bubbles of the second row cross the top border. Meanwhile, the two small bubbles in the top panel almost touch them.

My eye, on first scan, went from top left big balloon, to the two smaller balloons, then down to the second row, following the overlap balloons. I skipped the top far right panel.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:22 am

Thanks, TimH. That's a good point and something to be adjusted! I'll move two small ones up for a smooth future reading experience :D

jannajohnson891

Whippersnapper

Postby jannajohnson891 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:45 am

Pictures look nice, but i would like to see the preview of the story or maybe the short characteristic of the main characters. I have seen some pictures made in the same style on the site of good custom essay help, but speaking the truth i like yours more.

afterthedream

Whale Castrato

Postby afterthedream » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Hey, I've seen your work on DeviantArt. Fantastic illustrations, and I dig the old-school coloring style. Maybe I missed it, but is there somewhere I can read this online? I was psyched to see the hunter using an atlatl. Your research into real tools has impressed me. For my day job I teach primitive wilderness skills, and I've used one of those a few times. They're fun to throw, and I can imagine how powerful they would be in the hands of someone who is truly skilled. I look forward to seeing more.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Thank you, afterthedream! Currently I'm waiting for a few publishers to respond to my pitch. If that doesn't pan out, I'll start campaigning and will surely put what I have online for you all to read.
Do you know of any other rarely used weapons/tools that I could possibly use? That atlatl was on my mind ever since I started drawing the story :-)

afterthedream

Whale Castrato

Postby afterthedream » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:38 am

It's a brutal market out there, but you've got a very nice looking comic. Good luck! As for weapons, I can't think of anything else particularly exotic that we use. We use flax and various other plants to make natural cordage, and turn that into crabbing and fishing nets. 4-pronged, barbed fishing spears. Traps & snares. Blunt-tipped arrows (tip wrapped in a little piece of leather) for taking out small game without spoiling the meat. You can image search "rabbit stick" for another small game hunting tool. That's all that comes to mind for now.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I posted here anything so it's high time I let you know The Owl Tribe isn't dead... It's alive and kicking!

Here's what happened: last winter it was picked up by Sandawe, a Franco-Belgian publisher/crowdfunding platform, and ever since then, I've been working hard on every aspect of the project and the campaign (which finished at 152%). Here's the link to the project page in case you're curious... and here's the cover ;-)

Anyway, the progress has been amazing: the whole book (56 pages!) is drawn and written. Now, I'm mainly colouring the pages (more than half to go) and preparing rewards for my Sandawe supporters. So, since the French version is nearing completion, I've also started considering options for publishing the English version (which is already written)...

Here's some artwork I've done and a shot of the current look of all the pages.

For more, you can visit: The Owl Tribe FB Page || Instagram || YouTube

leave a comment with facebook