Advertisement

The Return of Bruce Wayne: WW1

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

The Return of Bruce Wayne: WW1

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:24 pm

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

Dooz

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Dooz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:45 pm

There's something vaguely homoerotic about Bruce naming his guns after Robin and Nightwing. :lol:

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Dooz wrote:There's something vaguely homoerotic about Bruce naming his guns after Robin and Nightwing. :lol:

So you like it?:P

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 44 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:08 pm

Sorry Jon...it just doesn't excude batman to me. Feels a little like a hybrid between him and sandman. :?

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 pm

So, did he paste little horns onto his helmet? Because that seems a little gay, even for Batman.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:14 pm

haters...

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 pm

doombug wrote:Sorry Jon...it just doesn't excude batman to me. Feels a little like a hybrid between him and sandman. :?
I think that will read better as Batman when the image is colored. Love the gas mask design with the bat nose.

Still, Batman holding pistols does throw it off to. Yes, the Bob Kane Batman did have a pistol, but the anti gun bit has been part Batman for so long it looks weird when he holds guns. Even a rifle with a bayonet would be better than pistols. Did they have flame throwers yet in WW1? One of those plus the gas mask would look good.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:29 pm

jsalwen wrote:haters...

I'm not trying to be a dick about this man but...nothing about that screams batman. Over all the sketches we saw of the event bringing Bruce back had very batman like qualities to them.

having horns on the helmet that look vaguely batlike does not make a batman costume. :?

Look at Red Son Batman or Gotham by gaslight batman or even that JSA elseworlds story, those are all very batman like costumes modified to fit with the timeline their in.

In fact that JSA elseworlds did have WW1 batman, that was how you do that costume for WW1.

I like the drawing, you just have to get rid of the wings and call if WW1 Wesley Dodds.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:30 pm

prozacman wrote:I think that will read better as Batman when the image is colored. Love the gas mask design with the bat nose.

Still, Batman holding pistols does throw it off to. Yes, the Bob Kane Batman did have a pistol, but the anti gun bit has been part Batman for so long it looks weird when he holds guns. Even a rifle with a bayonet would be better than pistols. Did they have flame throwers yet in WW1? One of those plus the gas mask would look good.

Actually, I'm glad you mentioned that. If I actually wrote this story, I would make that part of it. If Batman was in the middle of World War 1 or 2, would he really not kill? We know that Captain America doesn't like to kill, and wouldn't do it normally, but did during WW2.

I thought it would be an interesting thing to explore.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:32 pm

doombug wrote:I'm not trying to be a dick about this man but...nothing about that screams batman. Over all the sketches we saw of the event bringing Bruce back had very batman like qualities to them.

having horns on the helmet that look vaguely batlike does not make a batman costume. :?

Look at Red Son Batman or Gotham by gaslight batman or even that JSA elseworlds story, those are all very batman like costumes modified to fit with the timeline their in.

In fact that JSA elseworlds did have WW1 batman, that was how you do that costume for WW1.

I like the drawing, you just have to get rid of the wings and call if WW1 Wesley Dodds.

What makes you think I'm serious when I say 'haters'?

Chill, my friend. I respect your opinion and I'm having fun. I post my artwork and I fully expect to get crits. I'm not Liefeld.:P

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 pm

jsalwen wrote:What makes you think I'm serious when I say 'haters'?

Chill, my friend. I respect your opinion and I'm having fun. I post my artwork and I fully expect to get crits. I'm not Liefeld.:P

Though I rescind part of my comment. Holy shit on the bat like face. Very cool and would like to see this colored.

Though whose to say exactly what shoots from those guns? bruce does know how to make different gadgets, those could easily hold tranqs.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:42 pm

No, I wanted them to be guns.:)

I want Bruce to make the tough choice on the battlefield. What if he doesn't kill the enemy and it leads to the deaths of his platoon/squad etc?

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 pm

jsalwen wrote:No, I wanted them to be guns.:)

I want Bruce to make the tough choice on the battlefield. What if he doesn't kill the enemy and it leads to the deaths of his platoon/squad etc?

This isn't supposed to be an elsworlds though right? Depending on how Morrison writes it I think it destroys a major part of bruce's character. He wanted to never kill because of his parents.

Elseworlds it makes sense though and I could see it.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 pm

jsalwen wrote:No, I wanted them to be guns.:)

I was thinking the death of his platoon/squad would be the inspiration for him to become the Batman. Adopting gorilla tactics and theatrics. Going deep behind enemy lines to strike terror and fear into the high command.

Porcelain38
dINGO

Title: Staff Writer.

Postby Porcelain38 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 am

I like it :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Creator's Corner