Advertisement

2007: The Year of the Crapper

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:18 am

:D :D :D :D :D

Advertisement

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:18 am

Zero wrote:Really touching post Brian, and I'm really glad your here. It doesn't feel like long since you arrived but the Outhouse is a much better place with you in it. Glad to hear your year ended on a high, and I hope 2008 is a better one for you.
And Tony, you've been here forever so I have no gushing praise there, but I hope 2008 is better for you too.

Thanks Liam! May your 2008 be good to you as well.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:55 am

Glad you found us, Brian.

I know what you mean. I think this year was really up and down for me. The most significant event was my dad's death. It really changed things for me and my whole family, but thanks to a great network of support, both here and in my life, I was able to move on without exploding (I have come close about a thousand times). It really shook me up, but I've come through the smoke a stronger person. I'm posting up great marks for school (some of the best in my life, I think), I managed to self-publish my first book and I've really learned a lot over the past year.

Like Tony, I found a lot of death to have loomed over this past year. Not just my dad, but a lot of people, even indirectly. My mom was at a funeral yesterday even. But I've come to view death as change, and experience, not tragedy and grief.

I've been in a pretty deep slump over the last week or so, and yesterday was no icing over. I didn't do anything, I stayed home, mostly because everyone else had other plans. I did have a good night watching an awesome basketball game (and my team won their division last year which is awesome) and I ate a great meal, read some and went to bed early. I've been reading Robinson Crusoe and I think that some solitary moments are the most important (is it not odd that Crusoe was stranded on an island with his pets as his sole comfort, just like me last night?) but with some work I've made the best of the situation.

All the best to everyone in the next calendar year.

Severed Djed
Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:14 am

Glad to hear your year ended on such a positive note, Brian.

I hope everybody has a great 2008.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:46 pm

Brian, I really thinks it's great that you're here. You add a certain spark to the place that no one else can achieve. You went through a lot last year and now you're reaping your rewards: Good family, good friends, and good life. We're glad you're with us. Happy New Year!

Emmoney
cheese

Postby Emmoney » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:39 pm

I cannot imagine having to deal with cancer and am so glad you're in 'The Big R" now.

Hoping 2008 is more stable for you (and me, too).

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Let's see for me...

As for bad, I was depressed and went to a psychiatrist for a some time this year, but that stopped in the summer cause I didn't wan to go anymore, it was getting pointless, though I am now on prozac.

I lost a toenail.

My brother left for college (good and bad)

Not a bad year

As for the good, I've had plenty. Getting more into high school, getting more friends, having a better time.

School grades have been ok but improving, A's and B's.

I've been happier overall. I've been travelling a lot, like an East Coast trip this summer (USA), camped in Hawaii for 3 weeks, and went to New York and Montreal for a week for my school debate team.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:28 pm

2007 started pretty rocky for me as well. I had been trying alternative remedies for depression throughout most of 2006. Well, at Jan. 21st, or thereabouts, I had a pretty bad breakdown. Not bad enough to want to hurt myself, but enough to make me worried for my future.

I got back on my old meds that I was on previously. Things slowly became better and brighter. Thanks to family and friends like all you guys and gals. I'm still on the same meds and things are going pretty good. Hopefully, this year will be my best yet.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:31 pm

Zenguru wrote:Hopefully, this year will be my best yet.

Here's to that thought! :D

I hope you know that if things are dark there are some people on this site who will be there for you whenever you need.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:35 pm

nietoperz wrote:Here's to that thought! :D

I hope you know that if things are dark there are some people on this site who will be there for you whenever you need.
And that's something I could never get from any other site. I know you've helped me out with some matters recently. And I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'd thank you from the bottom of my pants, but that may be pushing it.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:39 pm

Zenguru wrote:And that's something I could never get from any other site. I know you've helped me out with some matters recently. And I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'd thank you from the bottom of my pants, but that may be pushing it.

Perhaps. As would be thanking me from the heart of your bottom. :P

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:41 pm

nietoperz wrote:Perhaps. As would be thanking me from the heart of your bottom. :P
*farts*

*runs away*

:P

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:02 pm

great, I'm gone for a while and my thread turns into a farting joke. It's like being with my sons. :roll: :-D

Thanks for the responses, everyone. And to all of you that have shared your own year, thanks, and this year is going to be brighter and better for all of us here!

Here's to 2008! :D

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:38 pm

starlord wrote:Here's to 2008! :D
*farts* :smt081

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:35 am

Zenguru wrote:*farts* :smt081

Hey! Don't make me force you to pull my finger! :evil:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum