Advertisement

2007: The Year of the Crapper

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

2007: The Year of the Crapper

Postby Starlord » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:04 am

Well here we are, as in olden days. Happy New Year everyone.

Everyone has gone to bed in my little world and I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on this last year... cause kids, it was a doozie!

I will always remember 2007 as the year of the crapper for two pretty big reasons, one bad, one good.

The Bad: As most of you probably know, this was a year of major health issue's for me. At the beginning of the year I began to spend more time in the bathroom than I did working or playing. The fact that I was continently getting pains, cramps, and other things that I will not gross you all out by mentioning, became a concern. Actually, it was more of a concern for my husband than for me. So, after visiting the doctor a couple of times, I was diagnosed with stomach cancer. They found several masses and removed them all.

Of course, I had to go through the living hell that a lot of others have had to face, when battling any kind of major disease. I had ups and downs both physically and mentally, but my husband, kids, family and friends were always there, and always helped to keep some kind of light shining in front of me. They were like a beautifully crafted lighthouse that was always standing tall, guiding me through some very large and rough waters.

Anyway, after several months, several novels as well as comics, and trades, I was given the all clear sign and finally emerged from the crapper a much healthier person. For this, I am truly grateful. Appreciate your health, folks. Appreciate the small ailments for what they are, cause you never know when the big storms are coming to really rock your boat.

The Good: Just as I was coming out of the crapper, I found myself in a virtual world of a different sort of water closet. The Outhouse. A wonderful and marvelous place where everyone seems to know your name and their always glad you came. Okay, that's not original, but the sentiment is there and let NBC sue me.

Now here I go, breaking the cardinal rule. This next statement could well be one of my lasts, if the powers that be decide I have overstepped the line. I will walk away, head down, but with heart full, so here it goes: This place rocks several hundred different ways that the Rama never could!

Don't get me wrong, I like the rama. I've met some very wonderful people there, although most of them seem to be here as well, and have had some great times there. But this place? This place really does have the feeling of being a regular at Cheers. It's the place I check into the most. It's the place that I really do feel the most at home, and the most comfortable being who I am. All of you, and I do mean ALL of you, make this a wonderful place to hang out. I've read several comments and snide remarks from "the other place" that this the Outhouse is cliquey and does not receive new people well. I don't buy the latter and as for the former, well, maybe that's how it could be perceived, but what I see is a group of people who show each other a lot of respect and care, even when they are making fun of each other and teasing each other. That's special, and I appreciate being accepted into that.

So you see, for me, 2007 will always be the year of the crapper. Cause I stepped out of a real horrible and dark one, and right into a wonderfully bright and uplifting one. I thank each and everyone of you for that. Yes, even Hawke and Toolverine. :P

Bless you all and Happy New Year.

Your friend,
Brian

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 204 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 am

:smt056

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Daniel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:26 am

OMG YOUR NAME IS BRIAN!

How are you doin'. ;)
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 151 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:46 am

It's an honour and a privilege to know you Brian. I hope that you and your family have the most wonderful year ahead. :-)

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:06 am

Lord Simian wrote::smt056

That smiley freaks me out! :shock:

...and to top it off, now I got the damn Cheers theme stuck in my head! :evil:

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:07 am

The House wrote:That smiley freaks me out! :shock:

How about this one? :smt117

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:08 am

nietoperz wrote:How about this one? :smt117

I'm quite indifferent to that smiley. :oops:

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 204 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:10 am

The House wrote:That smiley freaks me out! :shock:

...and to top it off, now I got the damn Cheers theme stuck in my head! :evil:

:smt056 :smt056 :smt056

:smt023

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:14 am

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:30 am

Brian, first and foremost, I'm very happy that you have your health, What you had to go through was tremendous. It makes me smile to know you beat your ailment. Secondly, I'm very glad you've decided to visit and stay here at the Outhouse.

As for my 2007, well it's been up and down. I'm glad I was hired into a permanent position in the company I work at. Being a temp sucked. For the first time in my life I have health benefits and paid vacations. WOOHOO!!!

I found out right after Thanksgiving that a former friend of mine was found dead in his bathtub. We hadn't talked for a few years but his death still hit me hard. Then on December 4, my great aunt passed away after a lengthy battle with Alzheimer's. I miss her but it really was a blessing she passed. My extended family has taken a beating since 2006 when my great uncle died at age 89 and my uncle died of liver cancer. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I miss my uncle. He was one awesome dude and so was my great uncle. I'm hoping for a better year in 2008.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:38 am

Tony, I'm sorry to hear how sad the past few months have been for you. I really hope the coming year treats you much better. As I said to Brian, so to you: it's a true honour to know you.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:47 am

Thank you Houman. I really appreciate it. It's an honor to know such a nice person like you as well. Being able to come here and chat with all of you has helped me through those tough times. I feel extremely privileged to be a part of this community. All of you are wonderful and are an important part of my daily routine. If any of you are for some ungodly reason in northeast Ohio mi casa es su casa.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:23 am

DeadFett wrote: If any of you are for some ungodly reason in northeast Ohio mi casa es su casa.

Same here, should you ever find yourself in Sverige!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:44 am

Really touching post Brian, and I'm really glad your here. It doesn't feel like long since you arrived but the Outhouse is a much better place with you in it. Glad to hear your year ended on a high, and I hope 2008 is a better one for you.
And Tony, you've been here forever so I have no gushing praise there, but I hope 2008 is better for you too.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:17 am

nietoperz wrote:Same here, should you ever find yourself in Sverige!

I'll make it Europe some day which will of course involve a visit to Sweden. :D

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum