Advertisement

2008 NBA Draft thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:No, Portland is set up perfectly. That's a collection of talent if I've seen one.

But Portland is not getting LeBron, which is what I'm talking about.

Once NJ gets The Bron, that team will be great. By then, Yi should be fully developed and CDR should as well.

Advertisement

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:54 am

DaReekstah wrote:But Portland is not getting LeBron, which is what I'm talking about.

Once NJ gets The Bron, that team will be great. By then, Yi should be fully developed and CDR should as well.

I agree. They seem to be set up really nicely for him.

I am shocked that CDR fell that far, I'm also shocked about Chalmers. Those two have a chance to be really good and way too many teams passed them and took someone that is similar. I don't know what was going on.

As for our two local guys that had a chance of being selected, well MaGee got picked by Washington, and I think he'll be a good fit there. I really think if used right he can be a Tayshaun kind of player. Kemp didn't get selected at all, which I think sucks. He's a very solid offensive player and an above average defender. He stepped up in big games most of the time and I think he'd be a solid back up swingman. Hopefully he gets a spot on a roster some time this year. I'd love to have four or five guys from Nevada floating around the league next year. It looks like Ramon Sessions will be starting in Milwaukee and Fazekas should get a role in the rotation for the Clippers. Hopefully both of these guys can get there as well.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:37 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:What's his history in Starkville?

body and raw talent of an all-star, brain of Michael Hawk.

troublemaker, drug Charles Rhodes down with him, both missed the team flight to a tournament in California in December of their freshman year, and Sharpe later skipped practice that left him home for the NCAA tournament that year.

his sophomore year, he missed the beginning of the season due to academic ineligibility and only ended up dressing out in six games before he started skipping practice again and got booted off the team.

upon his transfer to UAB, before he even set foot on campus, he was shot in the stomach with a tiny bullet in '06, and tried to deny he was shot and attempted to hide his wound from police and medics. in August of '07, he was on of 5 UAB players arrested for disorderly conduct after a night clubbing in B'ham. after finally suiting up for UAB for the 07'-08 season, he played 12 games before becoming academically ineligible again.

he has since gotten some quack to diagnose him with narcolepsy, and heblames all his prior troubles on that. riiiiiiiiight.....
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:42 am

chap22 wrote:upon his transfer to UAB, before he even set foot on campus, he was shot in the stomach with a tiny bullet in '06, and tried to deny he was shot and attempted to hide his wound from police and medics. in August of '07, he was on of 5 UAB players arrested for disorderly conduct after a night clubbing in B'ham. after finally suiting up for UAB for the 07'-08 season, he played 12 games before becoming academically ineligible again.

Well damn. :lol:

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:55 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Well damn. :lol:
oh, i also forgot that his freshman year, at one of the few practices he decided to show up for, he got in a fist-fight with our consensus All-American Lawrence Roberts.

like i said, i hope the Pistons have a shrink, chaperone, and parole officer on staff...

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:10 am

chap22 wrote:oh, i also forgot that his freshman year, at one of the few practices he decided to show up for, he got in a fist-fight with our consensus All-American Lawrence Roberts.

like i said, i hope the Pistons have a shrink, chaperone, and parole officer on staff...

I can understand the Pistons rolling the dice on raw talent. Unfortunately, the only frontcourt guy who can be a solid role model is McDyess. Maybe their shared Southern roots will be enough.

If not, the ensuing comedy will be worth it alone.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:19 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:I can understand the Pistons rolling the dice on raw talent. Unfortunately, the only frontcourt guy who can be a solid role model is McDyess. Maybe their shared Southern roots will be enough.

If not, the ensuing comedy will be worth it alone.

i just keep thinking, the absolute LAST person Sharpe needs to be teammates with is 'Sheed. that WILL be high comedy (in more ways than one... ;-) :-D )

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 am

I still can't stop chuckling over the fact that he his a gunshot wound. :lol: Wtf is wrong with kids these days? I'm not that much older than they are but there's seriously a generation gap.

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 0 post

Postby statnut » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:23 am

DaReekstah wrote:But Portland is not getting LeBron, which is what I'm talking about.

The Knicks will have cap room around then too. They only have $45 M committed for 2010-11. Whats the cap again?

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:26 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:I still can't stop chuckling over the fact that he his a gunshot wound. :lol: Wtf is wrong with kids these days? I'm not that much older than they are but there's seriously a generation gap.

oh, but it's not his fault. he was just minding his own business, and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...

:roll: :roll:

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:27 am

statnut wrote:The Knicks will have cap room around then too. They only have $45 M committed for 2010-11. Whats the cap again?

But the Knicks don't have Beyonce's husband.

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:28 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:But the Knicks don't have Beyonce's husband.

Nope, they just have the Garden, Spike Lee, and the greatest city to be a superstar in. All NJ has is Jay-z and a swamp.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:31 am

statnut wrote:Nope, they just have the Garden, Spike Lee, and the greatest city to be a superstar in. All NJ has is Jay-z and a swamp.

Bron is from Ohio. The swamp is an upgrade.

:P (j/k, you crazy Ohioan bastards)

Besides, it looks as if NJ will have the better team for LBJ. Why would he want to carry such a heavy load again?

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:40 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Bron is from Ohio. The swamp is an upgrade.

:P (j/k, you crazy Ohioan bastards)

Besides, it looks as if NJ will have the better team for LBJ. Why would he want to carry such a heavy load again?

2010 is a long while away. No telling what could happen with the Knicks. Or the Nets for that matter. Who's to say any of the players the Nets got yesterday turn out to be any good?

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum