Advertisement

2008 NBA Draft thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


2008 NBA Draft thread

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:29 pm

The biggest event in the NBA, not counting opening day, the trade deadline, the All-Star game, the playoffs, the Finals, or the regular season is today!

My Cavs have the 19th pick, and unless they trade up, which I've heard they MAY with Sacramento.. I think they're eyeing Chris Douglas-Roberts.
Image

Advertisement

Shady
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 2038
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:16 am


Postby Shady » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:30 pm

My Raps have the 17th but thats going to Indiana for the O'Neal trade once the July 9th arrives.
Last edited by Shady on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Shady wrote:My Raps have the 17th but thats going to Indiana for the O'Neal trade once the deadline arrives.


I wish bob_at_york posted here.. I'm interested to see what he thought of that deal.

I think a change of scenery was needed for O'Neal.. but I'm not really sure if he'll make the Raps any better in the longrun.
Image

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:32 pm

Didn't I just start an offseason thread, you postwhoring wench?

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:32 pm

i'm only gonna watch the first round to see who wins theannual "Karl Malone Memorial worst suit" award, then i'll check the results of the 2nd round to see who, if anybody, takes a flyer on my boy Jamont Gordon.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:34 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I wish bob_at_york posted here.. I'm interested to see what he thought of that deal.

I think a change of scenery was needed for O'Neal.. but I'm not really sure if he'll make the Raps any better in the longrun.


If he's healthy and willing to focus on the less glamorous parts of the game, he makes them a better team instantly. I still think they're no better than a 4 seed though.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:34 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I wish bob_at_york posted here.. I'm interested to see what he thought of that deal.

I think a change of scenery was needed for O'Neal.. but I'm not really sure if he'll make the Raps any better in the longrun.


i can't remember who it was, but somebody at ESPN said that along with Bosh and Bargnani, if O'Neal stays healthy, it immediately makes them the 3rd best team in the East behind Boston & Detroit. not sure i buy into that, but...
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Didn't I just start an offseason thread, you postwhoring wench?


Yeah, but that's for the offseason. This is for the draft. Two seperate things.

:lol:

Image
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:35 pm

chap22 wrote:i can't remember who it was, but somebody at ESPN said that along with Bosh and Bargnani, if O'Neal stays healthy, it immediately makes them the 3rd best team in the East behind Boston & Detroit. not sure i buy into that, but...


I don't buy that either.
Image

CountD
User avatar
Undead Member
 
Posts: 35569
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:19 pm
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine


Postby CountD » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:38 pm

OJ May will go 2

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21441
Likes: 32 posts
Liked in: 174 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:38 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I don't buy that either.


i mean, obviously they'll be better than the Cavs, but i really like that Magic squad...
:P
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

DeadFett
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 14510
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:17 am
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember


Re: 2008 NBA Draft thread

Postby DeadFett » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:39 pm

DaReekstah wrote:The biggest event in the NBA, not counting opening day, the trade deadline, the All-Star game, the playoffs, the Finals, or the regular season is today!

My Cavs have the 19th pick, and unless they trade up, which I've heard they MAY with Sacramento.. I think they're eyeing Chris Douglas-Roberts.


I'd be happy with them taking Chris Douglas-Roberts.
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:39 pm

chap22 wrote:i mean, obviously they'll be better than the Cavs, but i really like that Magic squad...
:P


Why, you...! :x

It's ok. Lawyers are liars. So that means they won't be better than the Cavs. :D
Image

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:40 pm

CountD wrote:OJ May will go 2


IMO, there's no reasonable way Beasley shouldn't be the first pick, and there's no way on God's green earth he should fall from the second spot. Riley's just playing some games with the media to drum up interest in a possible trade.

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Re: 2008 NBA Draft thread

Postby superfictious » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:40 pm

DeadFett wrote:I'd be happy with them taking Chris Douglas-Roberts.


I want CDR to quietly slip on down to the Pistons.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 40 guests

Advertisement