Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Morning Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I'm about to give up on the Rama

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Seriously.

I've tried to register 5 times to no avail.

Mikeg

Snake On A Plane

Postby Mikeg » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:14 pm

I finally managed to get back in as MikeyG, but I still gave up on it. I posted one last time stating that I give up on it, and havn't posted there since. Even once you manage to register and log in, the site is way too slow, and has all kinds of bugs for just basic operation. I mean they call this the beta version and for sure it is, it needs SERIOUS QA testing done to it, before it should be released to the public. I dont know why they dont just use the proboards template. Its not perfect, but at least its fast and operable. The layouts are nice and fully customizable. They basically switched to a design that is "old internet". Slow and clunky, real flashy, rather then streamlined and realistic, fast, easy to read and respond.

Huge mistake. I dont know how many other people are going to leave but I would wager that its A LOT. I know I'm not the only person mad at it.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:20 pm

I could see switching to a different template if it sacrificed some features for ease of use. But to switch to a board that's harder to use is just plain weird.

Mikeg

Snake On A Plane

Postby Mikeg » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm

jsalwen wrote:I could see switching to a different template if it sacrificed some features for ease of use. But to switch to a board that's harder to use is just plain weird.

You should post a "MASS EXODUS" thread and invite everyone over to your board. Post the thread on every RAMA category quickly, before they can delete the threads. I bet you'll get a flood of new people who are looking for a an all encompassing place to chat with original material and comic news.

Troy Stith

A Quagmire

Postby Troy Stith » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm with you on that, I just went over there and don't feel like deciphering my way through it to get signed up again. I like the idea of inviting everyone over here ;D

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:50 pm

MikeG wrote:
jsalwen wrote:I could see switching to a different template if it sacrificed some features for ease of use. But to switch to a board that's harder to use is just plain weird.

I bet you'll get a flood of new people who are looking for a an all encompassing place to chat with original material and comic news.

that rules us out!:D

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:58 pm

We'll never match the Rama on comic news and such. I don't even think I'd like to try and match them on that. I would like to see some creators (writers/artists) migrate over here though.

investcomics

Birdman

Postby investcomics » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:20 pm

I gave up on Rama when i discovered Blud Blood. ;D ;D

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:25 pm

investcomics wrote:I gave up on Rama when i discovered Blud Blood. ;D ;D

QFT.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Awwww... that gets me all misty.

ErickCruz

Mad Hatter

Postby ErickCruz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:53 pm

i havent even tried to log in as just Batfan again, otherwise i might log out not be able to get back in lol.

Hmm, so that means i can "hate" on Rob all i want and not have MikeyG involved?? Awwwww. ;D

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:16 pm

ErickCruz wrote:i havent even tried to log in as just Batfan again, otherwise i might log out not be able to get back in lol.

Hmm, so that means i can "hate" on Rob all i want and not have MikeyG involved?? Awwwww. ;D

It wouldn't be the same.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:50 pm

Seriously, if we could get Sharque and the Shadow to post here, it would be Do You Yell at Your Liefeld Comics all over again. I'm forcing myself to keep posting there in order to promote Blud Blood and argue with Batfan about Metallica, but seriously, it is extremely annoying. The old newsarama made it really easy to find a thread you liked and keep up with it. Now, you have to scroll through 5 pages to find the thread you're looking for, or go to your own post history and click on it, then skip a few pages, plus it is slow, plus I can't even post a full-sized copy of Just a Little Blud. To top it all off, there's about 5 different threads going for every topic because of how difficult it is to keep up with them, so you can't even find a good controversy anymore. The change was a very, very bad move.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:00 am

Internet Explorer.

Apparently Firefox is the devil. OK, Firefox IS the devil, but it also doesn't work well with the New Newsarama. Or so I'm told.

I don't Firefox as it is the devil. :)

scottmdavis

Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:43 am

firefox works fine with newsarama, as long as you keep it updated and have all the proper plugins

leave a comment with facebook