Thursday, July 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Adventure Time

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:I haven't seen it much recently, but I do enjoy this show a lot.

By the way, there was way more Finn and Jake cosplay at NYCC than anything else. Also, everyone at the Boom! Studios panel was pretty much there just for Adventure Time. They couldn't give a fuck about anything else, and they all woke up when Adventure Time was mentioned. It was a little sad.

At least it's not fucking Homestuck. WTF is that shit?

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:14 pm

there is nothing worse than homestuck.
Apparently it was made to capitalize on the "shipping" phenomenon, in that all the characters in it could potentially have sex with each other.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

I had no idea what Homestuck was until 5 minutes ago... I was happier then.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Don't know what Homestuck is, but it's gotta be better than How I met your Mother...

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:08 pm

misac wrote:
My sister thinks it's creepy too. :smt102 It’s adorable!

I like how they've been building on previous plot points, at first it felt like episodes didn’t affect each other. The continuing Ice King origin is sad.

Last episode I’d seen before this week had been the BMO noir mystery. He/she is so cute.

And you don't need a 3DS to play it misac.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Punchy wrote:
At least it's not fucking Homestuck. WTF is that shit?

What's Homestuck?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Adventure Time and Regular show both are pretty awesome. 8)

I still don't know what Homestuck is and I really don't want to find out.

Punchy did you ever see the episode of Regular show with Donald Glover in it?

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 pm

And I am only just realizing that there are a whole bunch of Adventure Time episodes that I haven't seen from this season. DAMMIT.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Regular show is okay but I don't like that it is advertised for children and has words like "pissed" in it and euphamisms for other curse words as well.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 pm

To this day I'll never understand why people find "pissed" to be a bad word. WTF? :?

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Greg wrote:To this day I'll never understand why people find "pissed" to be a bad word. WTF? :?

It's not a word I would use in polite company, but I don't think it's a "bad" word.

My mom did tell me not to use it as a teenager, and I generally refrain from using it to this day because of that. She was always reviled by the word I guess.

Anyways the issue is what is an appropriate language for children to use and to hear? I don't think children should use words like "pissed" or whatever. And it just kind of snuck up on the show, I had it on the background and wasn't really paying attention until I heard that.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:21 pm

But I don't get it, what is really so wrong with kids using "pissed"? :?

It's something that's always baffled me. I have heard at times somewhere where the lyrics to a song gets censored if the word "pissed" was said and I've seen some people react weirdly to the word. But besides those moments, I've never seen it as a "bad" word nor do I see much people make a huge deal out of it.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

They censor the word POO out of some shows. I mean, people be cray cray.

Max Blyss

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Max Blyss » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:15 pm

I was initially uninterested in Adventure Time, as I really hate the animation style, but my kids loved it... After I watched a few episodes, I really got hooked on the psychedelic fairy tale aspect of it. There's a whole lot I like about the writing in that show as well.

leave a comment with facebook