Friday, November 16, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

AFTER THE SHOW BATCHAT: GOTHAM (Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Ugh, this was worse than the pilot. If they had not shown Pyg in the trailer for next week I would be done. Not sure I will tune in for that either.

The dialogue is atrocious and there is no way there is only one director. The damn show feels like it has multiple personalities.

Jada Pinkett Smith is so awful, I am physically cringing when she comes on screen.

Ugh.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Carol Kane and the dude playing Gordon were the only watchable parts tonight. Penguin would be okay, if it weren't so derivative.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Pyg and Dollmaker? Who said this wouldn't become a monster of the week type show? :lol:

Comes off like a poor mans Blacklist the way they try to blur the ethical lines....it's Birds of Prey level bad.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:53 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Pyg and Dollmaker? Who said this wouldn't become a monster of the week type show? :lol:

Comes off like a poor mans Blacklist the way they try to blur the ethical lines....it's Birds of Prey level bad.

And Zsaz, too!

I think Birds of Prey was better. I watched three episodes of it before I gave up hope.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Can't wait for the inevitable Flash crossover featuring time displaced and powerless Barry Allen.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:22 pm

I like it. :smt102

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Nothing wrong with that. Judging from social media, it's pretty divisive.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Thought episode 2 was pretty good.

Hate Alfred though

I also hate having Selina threaten sexually abuse allegations

AngusH

crash test dummy

Postby AngusH » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:22 am

Haven't watched ep 2 yet, but man, that opening scene in episode 1 at the jail was so badly acted by every single actor involved that I nearly didn't make it any further.

And Alfred... yikes, talk about poor casting choice. He'd be a better choice for an extra in a Guy Ritchie film than as Batman's butler.

Johnnie Torch

cheese

Postby Johnnie Torch » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:32 am

Certainly was a step down from the pilot (not that I was crazy about the pilot,but...)

Johnnie Torch

cheese

Postby Johnnie Torch » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:36 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:As I understand it the core cast (for now) is the folks in the promo pic so I doubt it will be Villain-Of-The-Week for quite a while.

I don't get how they can get a recurring role out of Ivy Pepper. (As the shell shocked victim of domestic/child abuse? :smt017 )

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:12 am

They had Bruce Wayne listening to Death Metal. That was some dumbass crap.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 am

I enjoyed it :D

MORE PENGUIN PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:26 am

Also... are they going to do a thing where they kill (or beat up/scare off) ANY GUY CANDY every episode!?!

That waiter dude... Lazro or whatever his name was. He was hot... then gone.

FFS!!! :smt011 :smt011

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 am

I was afraid of this would happen.

We are only 2 episodes in...and the show already has comflicting tones in it. Is this suppose to be a real gritty show? Then why do we have campy scenes like the sudden scene of Bruce listening to DEATH METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which of course wasn't DEATH METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do we have over the top acting with Cobberpot? Why do they give bad dialogue to bad actors that make it campy?

Also they have to stop with the fricken references of stuff that is going to happen in the future that won't actually happen in the show because by that time BATMAN shows up. I don't care about Joker references. Stop having 'monsters of the week' crap. Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!"

They should of focus on Gordon fighting against the Crime Families and corruption in GCDP...But instead of an easter egg hunt show...or drinking game.

leave a comment with facebook