Tuesday, January 22, 2019 • Afternoon Edition • "Assholes welcome."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

AFTER THE SHOW BATCHAT: GOTHAM (Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:23 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Barbara Kean running in stilettos brandishing a snubnose 38 is fucking scarier. :lol:

Yes, as the rest of the scene, where she trips, falls, and accidently shoots herself fatally in the head, proves. :P :shock:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:25 pm

HNutz wrote:
In other words... Tonight.

No, rather, it's on the night of the day before the day before the day after tomorrow. Wait.... :smt017

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:34 pm

"Doctors can't help her. She needs a witch". What she needs is a smack across the mouth so she'll stop being such a cunt.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 am

So, when Bruce becomes Batman, it's just going to be an unspoken thing that EVERYONE knows, right?

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:37 am

HNutz wrote:So, when Bruce becomes Batman, it's just going to be an unspoken thing that EVERYONE knows, right?

No, no one will know it because he does such a great job of separating Bruce from any hint that he can fight, is competent, or really anything that screams "Batman".

But...I watched last night, the first time I've seen a full episode since...the regrettable first season. I was struck by a number of things.

First off, was how much I actually enjoyed the episode. Now I don't know if it's typical of current and recent episodes, but this one I really quite liked.

Then there was David...whatever his last name is. The kid who plays Bruce, (and yeah, despite his height gain, he still seems like a kid, after all, he's only what, 17), is the weak link of the show's cast, (along with whoever plays Selina). Which isn't surprising.

Okay, the No Man's Land setting is interesting. The quick tease of the full-on Batman suit was interesting as well, (in the next episode promo), but Bruce is already Batmanning here...more than I've seen from him before, though I've seen his fight scenes before. However, I hope that whoever finally puts on the Batsuit, it isn't the kid. He just is totally devoid of the intimidation factor you want from Batman. He doesn't have the body type, (he needed to hit the gym more if he wanted to play Batman IMO), and he doesn't have that ability to intimidate with his body posture and facial expressions.

A question for the long-time viewers---who trained Bruce in this, was it just Alfred and maybe Ra's, or did they ever do the Bruce travels the world learning from all sorts of people?

Anyhow, nice show!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:55 am

achilles wrote:
A question for the long-time viewers---who trained Bruce in this, was it just Alfred and maybe Ra's, or did they ever do the Bruce travels the world learning from all sorts of people?

No world travelling, no learning from experts like Zatara... Mostly just Alfred.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:04 pm

HNutz wrote:
No world travelling, no learning from experts like Zatara... Mostly just Alfred.

Ugh. I was hoping for them to follow Bruce's training around the world as the B plot while still following the rest of the cast as the A plot. I like Alfred, but I don't see how learning to fight from him can make a Batman.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:09 pm

achilles wrote:
Ugh. I was hoping for them to follow Bruce's training around the world as the B plot while still following the rest of the cast as the A plot. I like Alfred, but I don't see how learning to fight from him can make a Batman.

No, they kept him in Gotham the whole time.

Lets see... Alfred taught Bruce how to punch a guy (with "brass knuckles") and to fight a bit...

You probably wouldn't like how Bruce was tempted by Ra's Al Ghul, fired Alfred and stabbed him... But he got better.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:35 pm

HNutz wrote:

Lets see... Alfred taught Bruce how to punch a guy (with "brass knuckles") and to fight a bit...

You probably wouldn't like how Bruce was tempted by Ra's Al Ghul, fired Alfred and stabbed him... But he got better.

No, I didn't---heard of it, then watched a bit. So...no one taught him to ninja? How to detective? All the exotic fighting stuff?

Weird and off-putting. From what I recall from the first season, Alfred seemed to be like he is (now at least) in the comics, a former Brit Spec Ops guy who fought like that, military style, rather than the martial arts stuff you see in the comics. And...I can see Batman knowing military hand to hand combat...IIRC he does in the comics, but not JUST that.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:56 pm

It was a pretty good kickoff episode. They seemed to have taken a more serious (and in some places, ominous) tone with this season. Lets hope they can keep the momentum going.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 pm

I feel kind of sorry for Ivy.
I love how Riddler is inadvertently fucking with Edward.
Okay, there's the Ivy we all know and love. :lol:
Mother!
Barbara does make the best entrances. :P
Huh. Selina just might have become interesting finally.

I'm really liking the suspense and creep factor this season.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Oh, look, she's going to be a LITERAL Catwoman now. :roll:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 am

HNutz wrote:Oh, look, she's going to be a LITERAL Catwoman now. :roll:

Yeah, it's the prequel to the TV series Birds of Prey! Well, with that touch, it could be. Sigh. :roll:

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 am

HNutz wrote:

Hush, if I recall? Alfred had him beat up his bully, Thomas Elliot in season one.

leave a comment with facebook