Advertisement

Albert Pyun and my Captain America film

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Dammit Albert come back and tell me why the Nemesis sequels made no sense and starred female bodybuilders in bikinis..........

Nemesis is second only to Bladerunner as my favorite Cyberpunk movie of all time.......

Get Olivier Grunnier and that immensely hot girl to come back and do a true sequel......
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:36 am

Whoa wait... You directed Mean Guns? I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Christopher Lambert was awesome in that movie, though really Michael Halsey stole that film from him. God he ruled the movie with absolute authority as Marcus. Such a damn underrated action film.

Dear God you've done so much win in films. Also honestly I have to admit.. I am damn curious to know since you would have been the director of Masters of the Universe 2. What the hell was it going to be about before it became Cyborg?

Also yeah I'm a big Masters of the Universe fan why I ask. I think you never had anything to do with the original but ok the inner geek in me is curious to know.

Though God I kill for a Means Guns sequel. Or third. Or Fourth. I mean sure you killed the entire cast in the first. But it's not like you can find more bad muthas for a sequel or have more fantastic characters in it.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Dalarsco
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Dalarsco » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:13 am

Albert Pyun wrote:no, you can pin a lot of cheese on me, but not that one. There's a reason the first 20 minutes was better than the rest...one of blogs from Jan goes in gory detail about it.

Best
Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

Interesting. I haven't seen the entire film, but the beginning was fantastic. The Red Skull make-up/prosthetics/whatever was damn good, especially for the time.
Something that everyone should know: There is no objective good and very little objective bad in entertainment media. Of the objective bad, much of it is unintentionally hilarious which gives it entertainment value for some people. If you understood this then 99% of your petty arguments would never happen. Learn to realize that you have different tastes then the guy you are arguing with and move on. And before someone calls me a hypocrite, notice that I never go in calling something bad. I always go in to defend something.
mike oxbig (on someone other than me) wrote: Also, you have a terrible personality. Nothing personal man, it happens.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:23 am

Dalarsco wrote:Interesting. I haven't seen the entire film, but the beginning was fantastic. The Red Skull make-up/prosthetics/whatever was damn good, especially for the time.

Just to let you know the beginning is all you need to see really. I mean when i go more next week into depth. The dude's right, but then again he's not totally right in the fact he need penance for directing it. He directed Mean Guns and he directed an actually somewhat entertaining Cap movie superior to Reb Brown Cap movies.

Plus he was ahead of his time with having Sin be Skull's lackey and right hand. :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Potter Who
penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:53 am

I really liked that Captain America movie. I mean, I haven't seen it in a while so I don't know how it aged, but it definitely gave me my fix at the time.

Albert Pyun
Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:55 am

Wisdom000 wrote:Dammit Albert come back and tell me why the Nemesis sequels made no sense and starred female bodybuilders in bikinis..........

Nemesis is second only to Bladerunner as my favorite Cyberpunk movie of all time.......

Get Olivier Grunnier and that immensely hot girl to come back and do a true sequel......

Well, those sequels fall under the "what the hell was I thinking" category. At the time was burnt out on Euro kickboxers and wanted to try something different. I had been trying to create a female action hero for a few years (Kathy Long in Knights, the gymnast in spitfire, Rachel McLish in Raven Hawk) that I thought I a female bodybuilder -- an Arnold equivalent, might work. It was a risky experiment that didn't work. Sorry.

Now I'm trying something a little different with victoria Maurette who starred in my Left For Dead film as well as Bulletface (www.bulletfacemovie.com).

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Albert Pyun wrote:Well, those sequels fall under the "what the hell was I thinking" category. At the time was burnt out on Euro kickboxers and wanted to try something different. I had been trying to create a female action hero for a few years (Kathy Long in Knights, the gymnast in spitfire, Rachel McLish in Raven Hawk) that I thought I a female bodybuilder -- an Arnold equivalent, might work. It was a risky experiment that didn't work. Sorry.

Now I'm trying something a little different with victoria Maurette who starred in my Left For Dead film as well as Bulletface (www.bulletfacemovie.com).

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

I just want more Woo influenced cyberpunk gun battles, so you may have to forgive me. Two weapon firing baddasses going up against cyborgs carrying 50.cal machineguns on waist mounted harnesses...

Although, on of my favorite things about that movie is watching the Desert Eagle change hands :P

I swear, wathicng that movie was like channelling the Cyberpunk 2020 roleplaying game on film.

Seriously man, humongous fan.

If I can ask, where was the opening gun battle filmed? With all the toppld over high rise buildings... I am assuming somewhere after an earthquake, but the buildings looked like they had been sitting like that for quite a while. It was one of the more impressive locations I have ever seen in a film. Kudos to your location scout.

And for the record, the scene I Sword and The Sorcerer where he beats up the thugs in the alley with a giant turkey leg....... one of my all time favorite badass moments in film.
Last edited by Wisdom000 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Albert Pyun wrote:Bulletface
I first thought that said Butterface.

(which would make for a funny movie title)

TM by me
-

Albert Pyun
Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:I just want more Woo influenced cyberpunk gun battles, so you may have to forgive me. Two weapon firing baddasses going up against cyborgs carrying 50.cal machineguns on waist mounted harnesses...

Although, on of my favorite things about that movie is watching the Desert Eagle change hands :P

I swear, wathicng that movie was like channelling the Cyberpunk 2020 roleplaying game on film.

Seriously man, humongous fan.

If I can ask, where was the opening gun battle filmed? With all the toppld over high rise buildings... I am assuming somewhere after an earthquake, but the buildings looked like they had been sitting like that for quite a while. It was one of the more impressive locations I have ever seen in a film. Kudos to your location scout.

And for the record, the scene I Sword and The Sorcerer where he beats up the thugs in the alley with a giant turkey leg....... one of my all time favorite badass moments in film.

We shot that gun battle at the old Kaiser Steel factory remnants out in Fontana, CA. Same place a lot of T2's future scenes and my Dollman film were shot.

And, as a bit of trivia, my longtime producer and now a big producer on films like 10,000 BC, Tom Karnowski is actually one of the thugs. He runs into the wall and knocks himself out. In the low budget world everyone has to double up.

I'll be uploading that Nemesis action sequence with enhanced CGI that we did as part of a planned 2.0 upgrade on my website: www.albertpyunmovies.com in about a week.

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

Albert Pyun
Birdman

Postby Albert Pyun » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:18 pm

cncoyle wrote:I first thought that said Butterface.

(which would make for a funny movie title)

TM by me

Yeah, I never saw how the title could be easily misread. Maybe Butterface for the sequel?

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com
www.bulletfacemovie.com

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 pm

For a 90's movie with the financial backing pulled out halfway through it, in my opinion the Cap movie did reasonably well compared to 90% of the other superhero movies of the time. In retrospect, those rubber ears were nowhere near as bad as the Evel Knievel suit from the 70's. And a marvel Studio's enforced Italian Red Skull doesnt even come close to the stupidity of dogs damaging the transparent shield from the 70's.

I just looked on wikipedia and had no idea you'd done so many movies I liked from the 90's. I remember looking up Mean Guns when I heard Ice T was going to be in Law and Order.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Mean Guns is still one of the best action films of the 90s.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Albert Pyun wrote:We shot that gun battle at the old Kaiser Steel factory remnants out in Fontana, CA. Same place a lot of T2's future scenes and my Dollman film were shot.

And, as a bit of trivia, my longtime producer and now a big producer on films like 10,000 BC, Tom Karnowski is actually one of the thugs. He runs into the wall and knocks himself out. In the low budget world everyone has to double up.

I'll be uploading that Nemesis action sequence with enhanced CGI that we did as part of a planned 2.0 upgrade on my website: www.albertpyunmovies.com in about a week.

Albert
www.albertpyunmovies.com

You are new here, and are unfamiliar with my personality.... But nevertheless, I just came a little in my pants...... and thats a good thing!

You kick Cormans ASS!

And trust me, I did about 18 really crappy (but somehow internationally distributed) films working with a low budget film company in Kansas City.

In our first film alone I played 2 speaking roles and 8 different zombies. In addition I did camera, lighting, prop, special effects and makeup, storyboard, and god knows what else.......

So I know what you mean about the "get as much as you can out of every one and everything" philosophy of film making........

Shang Liu takes no shit........ :D

What I have really dug about your films, is even though they are low budget, and most of them pay homage to various sources, they still manage to be remarkably fresh and unique, and avoid cheese for cheeses sake. I am not gonna lie, there have been a couple of stinkers, but every director has made some of those. What matters is, Mean Guns, Sword and The Sorcerer, Nemesis, Cyborg, Omega Doom (which I goddamn LOVED), and many other of your films are just plain GOOD movies, and have become genuine cult classics, regardless of their low budgets.

Hell............ I even liked Brain Smasher........ and I bloody hate Andrew Dice Clay......

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Zechs wrote:Mean Guns is still one of the best action films of the 90s.

Damn straight.

I love Ice-T, I love Lambert..

I will watch ANYTHING with either of them in it, repeatedly....

Except the highlander sequels........

I mean damn, T is the only reason I watch LO:SVU

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:Damn straight.

I love Ice-T, I love Lambert..

I will watch ANYTHING with either of them in it, repeatedly....

Except the highlander sequels........

I mean damn, T is the only reason I watch LO:SVU

Third is watchable. Fourth is about the closest thing to a good sequel but it still has it's issues.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum