Saturday, November 17, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not ComicBook.com!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

PD's American Chat

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:47 pm

BALT Stad.jpg

BALT Pol.jpg

BALT .jpg

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Baltimore is definitely not a prime tourist destination, PD. ;)

As for the gift shops in stadiums, I dunno. Never been to one (gift shop, I mean). The only stadium I've been to in recent memory was the University of South Carolina's football stadium and I don't know where the gift shop even was. I would bet it was not open on the off-season, but you were there on-season so I dunno...

If you wanted to do Maryland I'd probably have suggested Ocean City instead. It's a major tourist area so it would probably have had a lot more of what you were looking for (gift shops and the like).

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Ha ha. Yeah. Oh well. :smt102

It's done now.

Next story will be a LOOOOOONG one, as it will be about my 3-days (Fri, Sat and Sun) at NEW YORK COMIC CON!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :drunk

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 am

Sorry.

Never got round to writing about New York Comic Con. Not been on here too much, things happening IRL that suck.

... And in turn of that... I am now REALLY needing another American Holiday... to the point, I am actually working on MAYBE returning in October THIS YEAR.

I don't think I can bare to wait till 2019 before visiting again. I'm working out where i'd visit and how long... blah blah. I won't visit even half as many States as last time... but I don't care. I reckon I could fit in 4 States (with how I've planned it out).

There's currently flights in the January Sale (which ends at the end of the Month)... So I have a deadline to decide by.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Wow coming back to the states so soon. You are a glutton for punishment. ;)

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Yeah. It'll only be a Monday to Monday Holiday this time round... but still better than nothing.

Also, with being there for less time, I'll need less clothes... which means... more space in my suitcase for M&Ms and Pop Tarts. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Also... finally finished doing up my sofa area in my bedroom...

sofa.jpg

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Liberty Lass would be jealous of that room, PD.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Just a shame I can't actually sit on it due to all the cushions on there.

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Oh. I'll be booking my flights either Today or Tomorrow.

I keep going to do it... then chicken out. :roll: :|

I just need to do some last minute organising with dates and whatnot... i'm hoping to fit another State in there. As the area i'm going to... I feel I should be hitting this other State too otherwise it could be more complicated to get there during a different visit (makes sense in my head). :? :smt017

Stay tuned to find out which States i'll be coming to in 2018...

:band

*drum roll*

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:53 am

OK!

Flights booked. I changed my Holiday from 7-days to 11-days to fit in an extra State visit.

SO!!

"Where ae you going to this Year, PD?" I hear you cry.

Well

Chicago, Illinois

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Davenport, Iowa

Indianapolis, Indiana

Detroit, Michigan

:drunk 8) 8)

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Be careful with some of those options, P.D. Indianapolis ranks 12th highest crime city in the US, Milwaukee is #8, and Detroit is ranked as THE highest-crime city in the United States. Chicago is no. 24. Basically you've booked a tour through some of the worst and most dangerous places in America. Honestly I would not even consider going to Milwaukee or Detroit, Indy is iffy... Maybe I'd do Chicago if I could be sure of going to only the nicer places (are there any, anymore?).

Then again you survived Baltimore and Greyhound so... I guess you're made of tougher stuff than I am. ;)

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 pm

Chessack wrote:you've booked a tour through some of the worst and most dangerous places in America.

OH CRAP! :shock: :|

No going back now though. I can only visit these places from Chicago, which is where I am flying to/from. :?

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Just make sure to stay in the "touristy" areas and you should be OK... I definitely wouldn't just wander alone around Detroit or Milwaukee if you don't know where you are going.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Chessack wrote:Just make sure to stay in the "touristy" areas and you should be OK... I definitely wouldn't just wander alone around Detroit or Milwaukee if you don't know where you are going.

Will do. I'm planning on staying over for a night in Detroit. Will make sure to keep where there are plenty of people :D

No doing my usual wondering down random streets.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 pm

WHAT is in Davenport, Iowa? :smt017

(other than The Chocolate Manor . . . .)

leave a comment with facebook