Sunday, May 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

PD's American Chat

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Ok.

So I'm learning American stuff at the mo. The States... where they are on the USA Map. Capitals of each State and each State Flag.

So I keep taking over threads with questions and comments about America. So I will just do it in this thread, so conversations are not interrupted.

Be warned... I'll probably diss some States... their flags... maybe even some of the names of State Capitals (I mean Annapolis!?!?! Seriously!?!?!? :lol: )

I'll ask stupid questions, how to pronounce certain words... but considering you dudes pronounce things in annoying ways... do you blame me!?!?! :roll:

First question:

What is with New Hampshire's motto?? "Live Free or Die"??? I mean... WOW!!! :shock:

Why are Louisiana so obsessed with fricken Pelicans?? HA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Pizza Dog wrote:Ok.

So I'm learning American stuff at the mo. The States... where they are on the USA Map. Capitals of each State and each State Flag.

So I keep taking over threads with questions and comments about America. So I will just do it in this thread, so conversations are not interrupted.

Be warned... I'll probably diss some States... their flags... maybe even some of the names of State Capitals (I mean Annapolis!?!?! Seriously!?!?!? :lol: )

I'll ask stupid questions, how to pronounce certain words... but considering you dudes pronounce things in annoying ways... do you blame me!?!?! :roll:

First question:

What is with New Hampshire's motto?? "Live Free or Die"??? I mean... WOW!!! :shock:

Why are Louisiana so obsessed with fricken Pelicans?? HA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Annapolis may be no Shitterton, but it's still a fine name. :smt102

Peter-J-DeadPoole

penile prisoner

Postby Peter-J-DeadPoole » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:39 pm

New Hampshire's motto has long been misunderstood.
it was meant to be "LIVE free or die" as in musical concerts, stand-up comedy and such were dictated to be FREE (no charge) or they would kill the performers.

Peter-J-DeadPoole

penile prisoner

Postby Peter-J-DeadPoole » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:40 pm

and Louisianans are NOT obsessed with Pelicans
they just want to check up on them on the internet, and make sure they are doing OK after the break-up

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:43 pm

"Why are Louisianans so obsessed.." is what you should have said. Each state has its own demonym, or preferred word for people from that state.

Cavemold

cheese

Postby Cavemold » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Peter-J-DeadPoole wrote:and Louisianans are NOT obsessed with Pelicans
they just want to check up on them on the internet, and make sure they are doing OK after the break-up

well that did name a nba basketball team for the bird. Thats gotta count for something

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:48 pm

In New Hampshire, pedestrians always had the right-of-way vs. a car, so as a walker you could just plunge into crosswalks and make the cars stop for you. Of course, you could also end up in the ICU. It went one way or the other.

Peter-J-DeadPoole

penile prisoner

Postby Peter-J-DeadPoole » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Cavemold wrote:well that did name a nba basketball team for the bird. Thats gotta count for something

they were just trying to win back the Pelican's heart!!
:groucho:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Tintin Quarantino wrote:"Why are Louisianans so obsessed.." is what you should have said. Each state has its own demonym, or preferred word for people from that state.

You still got it wrong. There is no such thing as a "Louisianan". Instead, you have to break them up into their proper sub-demographics: cajuns, yats, and coonasses.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:56 pm

Do you guys not use contactless over there??

Like... when paying with things in a shop with your card. You just put your card next to a machine... and it pays it. No putting it IN to the machine or keying in any digits. Just hold it up. :smt102

Also... do you people not use vinegar over there for your chips (fries :roll: ) ?

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Tintin Quarantino wrote:"Why are Louisianans so obsessed.." is what you should have said. Each state has its own demonym, or preferred word for people from that state.

HA!! Yeah. Ok! :roll:

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:59 pm

chap22 wrote:
You still got it wrong. There is no such thing as a "Louisianan". Instead, you have to break them up into their proper sub-demographics: cajuns, yats, and coonasses.

You said it yourself, those dumbasses are all sub-Louisianans.

Of course that's still better than Mississippians, you just call them rednecks.

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Earth-2 NoctourneM wrote:
Annapolis may be no Shitterton, but it's still a fine name. :smt102

Sorry. I just can't get my head round the name. It's just... annoying. I... just... can't. :lol:

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Also... does Michigan ever annoy you people!?!?

The way it's put up there in the corner... like it was a last minute addition to the Country.

Like... if it wasn't there... the shape of America would be better!?!? :smt102

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Pizza Dog wrote:
Sorry. I just can't get my head round the name. It's just... annoying. I... just... can't. :lol:

They really liked Anna. :smt102

leave a comment with facebook