Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Anime & Manga Thread

Postby BlueStreak » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
No, I am not. Your and that nameless mod judgement is poor. As I said, I'll deal with these things and no longer care what you or any mod or admin have to say on the matter. You never do a thing, so keep doing it. Have a problem with that, then ban me.

This was the last straw.

Whatever you say, CS. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not going to go and ban/vacation a poster for what for all intents and purposes seemed to be a harmless joke that was made without any knowledge of the board's history. If you want to fume about that, that's your business. Disliking a decision is not a bannable offense.

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 824 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:20 pm

BlueMole wrote:
Whatever you say, CS. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not going to go and ban/vacation a poster for what for all intents and purposes seemed to be a harmless joke that was made without any knowledge of the board's history. If you want to fume about that, that's your business. Disliking a decision is not a bannable offense.

Remember this. At some point, someone will do it again. Instead of wasting my time reporting it, I'll deal with them. As I said, don't bother trying to interfere, I won't listen. I won't stop until they're gone or stop or I am banned. No vacation will stop me.

You think it's a harmless joke, use it on your boss in real life. Ask him if he likes under-aged nudity.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Remember this. At some point, someone will do it again. Instead of wasting my time reporting it, I'll deal with them. As I said, don't bother trying to interfere, I won't listen. I won't stop until they're gone or stop or I am banned. No vacation will stop me.

You think it's a harmless joke, use it on your boss in real life. Ask him if he likes under-aged nudity.

And remember this. Because this is the time that I (and a half dozen other people who consider you I be a friend) told you that you were overreacting especially as Arion apologized about a dozen times.

Whatever, do what you want. Ultimatiums made on message boards don't have any sway anyways. It'd be a shame to allow a probably innocuous comment (made by a poster who has never raised a finger to you) ruin your enjoyment of this site.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 am

BlueMole wrote:
And remember this. Because this is the time that I (and a half dozen other people who consider you I be a friend) told you that you were overreacting especially as Arion apologized about a dozen times.

Whatever, do what you want. Ultimatiums made on message boards don't have any sway anyways. It'd be a shame to allow a probably innocuous comment (made by a poster who has never raised a finger to you) ruin your enjoyment of this site.

I was not overreacting. I left it to you and inviso-mod to deal with it. Nothing was done. Not a post, not a retraction, nothing. You and that mod know the history and yet did nothing. You both made a very bad call and now are running on sticking with it. He really made no apology as I pointed out. An apology is saying sorry and not trying to defend the insult they gave. Deleting the insult or editing it away does. He ignored the reactions of others, never dawning until I started with him to begin to understand, which he still didn't.

It was not an innocuous comment on his part. Replying with asking if I'd like artwork with underage nudity is not a reaction to the "needs more cowbell" joke. Feel free to try that with a co-work or your boss. You won't because you know what the reaction will be. The first for everything, here was his. As I said, he got his ass in a knot and made that remark. I left it to staff to deal with it, they didn't. You and that mod made a bad call and trying to defend it in true Simian/Neito ignore it and call it nothing. That behavior has ruined this site for me.

Arion will never try that with me again. Because he now knows that no matter what, he'll get the same in return and with interest. Not because the mods/admins here told him not to, that it's against the TOS, that it's against a semblance of good taste.

Go dig through the near ancient history of this place. I was asked to not deal with these things, as I was one who could and did. I was told this sort would be dealt with. It was not and rarely ever is. That promise I made is null and void as is the TOS for me.

I rarely hit that report button, I take a lot of what's tossed at me without a care or with a smile for the humor. If someone speaks in a civil manner to me, I reply in same. I don't keep grudges often as I see little point in them. Now I have one and it's with the staff here. It's not going away as it's be born of years of that call.

You want to joke with me, fine, you want to talk, fine, but someone starts a fight with me... keep to staying out of it. I won't stop or heed your request or threats to vacation or ban me. Not you or any staff here. You like history here, look at mine, I don't bullshit on this sort.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 576 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 832 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Anime. Nothing good ever comes of it.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 207 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
You want to joke with me, fine, you want to talk, fine, but someone starts a fight with me... keep to staying out of it. I won't stop or heed your request or threats to vacation or ban me. Not you or any staff here. You like history here, look at mine, I don't bullshit on this sort.

Sorry, but as Blue has said, that's not how it works. You reported a post that was deemed innocuous. It happens to posters sometimes. I'm sorry if that grinds your gears, but if you do follow through with your threat next time something upsets you, I am telling you now that I WILL delete your account. Because you know better, and more than that you know that we at this site have gone out of our way over the years to accommodate you.

Now you are, as you know, entirely free to throw hissy fits in private whenever someone looks at you in a funny tone of voice, but frankly if anyone in this thread ought to be aggrieved it's Arion for the thorough character assassination to which you have subjected him. I suggest you stop now.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:48 pm

nietoperz wrote:
Sorry, but as Blue has said, that's not how it works. You reported a post that was deemed innocuous. It happens to posters sometimes. I'm sorry if that grinds your gears, but if you do follow through with your threat next time something upsets you, I am telling you now that I WILL delete your account. Because you know better, and more than that you know that we at this site have gone out of our way over the years to accommodate you.

Now you are, as you know, entirely free to throw hissy fits in private whenever someone looks at you in a funny tone of voice, but frankly if anyone in this thread ought to be aggrieved it's Arion for the thorough character assassination to which you have subjected him. I suggest you stop now.

Bullshit. You got called out more then once by the membership for sitting back and doing nothing.

You're a god damn hypocrite.

Delete the account then.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 576 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:54 pm

What a stupid thing to delete an account for.

Sheesh I just wanted to post about anime and manga.

Should I just start a new thread already? :smt011

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 832 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Cat. Just chill out man. Arion isn't a troublemaker. I understand why you got upset, but I'm sure he didn't mean it personally - that's the point everyone is trying to make.

I'm sure that cooler heads can prevail here and you and Arion can put this behind you.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 319 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Arion wrote:
I don't know. But if someone can come up with an explanation, I'd appreciate it.

what happened is that Cat is over-reacting to drama that occurred before you even got here because he expects you to know all about him and his shit but he doesn't have to know anything about you as a poster who would never say what he is saying you said.
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 pm

C'mon, CS. I know why you might freak out, but take a deep breath for a moment. I, for one, like you around here and would hate to see you leave over something like this.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 215 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Wow.... I was wondering what happened when I logged on briefly after I got back from work and I find this. Um again yeah... I get why Cat would freak out. But Arion didn't see to take a shot. Just him making a joke that Herald got which is why he posted the response I would have. I agree things got way out of hand rather quickly. A cool off is needed.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 317 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm

I leave you guys alone for a few days... :-(

Look, Cat, Arion is one of the few posters around here who isn't a "sh**-stirrer". (And I'm a noted expert among "the many", so I know too well when somebody else is actively provoking trouble.) Clearly, you saw my response to his post, since you quoted it; Arion's line was a joke, not aimed at anyone, and that's how I treated it in kind. If I thought, even for a moment, that you'd take serious issue with Arion's joke, I would have told him to cut that out, instead of simply making my own joke.

To be honest, I was no more aware of your problem with remarks of this nature than he was, and we've been pals since 'Rama. Again, there's few people here that I'd give the benefit of the doubt on not deliberately trying to step on anyone's toes, and Arion's one of them.

Please don't quit the board, Cat.
And please give Arion another chance.
Thanks in advance!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 408 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Cat, how many have to tell you that you are over-reacting?

I love ya man but if you're calling it quits because of this... well... have a nice life.

If you eventually realize that Arion meant no harm and the Mods did their job properly... well... have a nice life that includes a small portion of that life (how ever anonymus you force it to be) here at the OH.

Hoping for the second one.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum