Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby misac » Fri May 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Only Naruto for me. I watch the show whenever my Cartoon Network doesn't crap out on me. A box set comes out on Tuesday and I pre-ordered it. Yay pervy sage!

Just read volume 12 of the manga this week too. There's a lot of Shikamaru so it was a really good read.

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1179 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri May 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Any model kit fans here?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 358 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 31, 2008 8:40 pm

Apparently not. ;)

By the way.... Eva fans?

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat May 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Apparently not. ;)

By the way.... Eva fans?

:smt087
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Here's a cool D.Grey-Man picture

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:27 am

My favorite anime movie is Ninja Scroll. It's too bad the second one sucked. :evil:

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 am

Cat-Scratch wrote::smt087

That's comedy goodness and you know it. :D

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---

--Lex Luthor

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:14 am

I finished Gundam Seed last week. I've heard things about Seed Destiny that make me think twice about picking it up, but I loves me some Gundam, so we'll see. I won't have to really decide until the collection version comes out and I can get the whole thing for $80 or less. I can't afford to pay $20 for 4 episodes at a time.

I'm putting the finishing touches on a MG Freedom Gundam model. It's all assembled, just need to put the labels on it now. It's sitting next to the Gundam Wing custom I built a while ago. I've got 3 more that need some form of repair, 2 more Gundams and a Kampfer. I really only care about the one Super Gundam that Vicki bought me as a present, though, but that one's the hardest to fix, as a transformation joint was broken when a cat decided to see if Gundams really can fly.

I want to get the Aile Strike next.

I don't watch much other anime. I was recording Witchblade off IFC, but after looking at it and thinking about it, it's really not something I want to invest the time in. I loved Samurai Seven, and was meh on Basilisk.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Lord Simian wrote:That's comedy goodness and you know it. :D

Yes, but it did kinda hurt............................ :oops:

I gotta get Beta-Ray here................

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:14 pm

kingbobb wrote:I finished Gundam Seed last week. I've heard things about Seed Destiny that make me think twice about picking it up, but I loves me some Gundam, so we'll see. I won't have to really decide until the collection version comes out and I can get the whole thing for $80 or less. I can't afford to pay $20 for 4 episodes at a time.

I've watched it and Stargazer. If you enjoyed the first Seed, you'll like Destiny and Stargazer. Destiny does have some fail to it, but not much different then the first, just a little more. BUT, there are some great mechs in it! Then there's Gundam OO. If you liked Wing, you'll love OO.

kingbobb wrote:I'm putting the finishing touches on a MG Freedom Gundam model. It's all assembled, just need to put the labels on it now. It's sitting next to the Gundam Wing custom I built a while ago. I've got 3 more that need some form of repair, 2 more Gundams and a Kampfer. I really only care about the one Super Gundam that Vicki bought me as a present, though, but that one's the hardest to fix, as a transformation joint was broken when a cat decided to see if Gundams really can fly.

I want to get the Aile Strike next.

Cats are :twisted: , aren't they?

Are they all Master Grades? Nice collection there. I've got the MGs of the Gundam (first release), Gundam GP01, Titan Gundam Mk.II (first release), Gundam NT-1, Zeta Gundam (first release) and the Zeta Plus A1.
I'm also after the Aile Strike. The Sword and Launcher version look great, but I'd rather get the Impulse before those.
Here's a link to a good site filled with visual reviews -
http://www.dalong.net/

kingbobb wrote:I don't watch much other anime. I was recording Witchblade off IFC, but after looking at it and thinking about it, it's really not something I want to invest the time in. I loved Samurai Seven, and was meh on Basilisk.

For me, it's pretty much Macross Frontier, Bleach, Naruto Shippuuden and D.Grey-Man with the odd try of other shows as I wait for the second season of Gundam OO and hopefully a third season of Shakugan no Shana plus the new Mai-Otome/Mai-HIME show to hit.

I'm thinking more and more of getting into Code Geass, it looks so CLAMP good.
:-D

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 340 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:59 pm

Biggest thing that catches my attention is about Hellsing Ultimate and Bleach. Death Note sort of does too but just not as much.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Here's a link to some pictures of the Gundam Astraea F-Type MSV kit.
http://www2.moeyo.com/img/rev/08/06/03/r1/rl01.html

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Aye, all MGs. My inner model snob won't let me build anything else. I had some HGs that didn't fare well during a move.

In addition to the Freedom and Wing Zero Custom, I have the MSA-0011 Ex-S Gundam (in need of serious repair), MG RX-78-4 Gundam, and MS-18E Kampfer.

The Freedom is so much larger than the Wing Zero, despite both being 1/100 scale.

I don't know if I'll ever get a Perfect Grade, but maybe as a gift one day.

I just saw the Launcher and Sword Strike...is that two models, or just one with both weapon sets?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:28 pm

kingbobb wrote:Aye, all MGs. My inner model snob won't let me build anything else. I had some HGs that didn't fare well during a move.

In addition to the Freedom and Wing Zero Custom, I have the MSA-0011 Ex-S Gundam (in need of serious repair), MG RX-78-4 Gundam, and MS-18E Kampfer.

The Freedom is so much larger than the Wing Zero, despite both being 1/100 scale.

I don't know if I'll ever get a Perfect Grade, but maybe as a gift one day.

I just saw the Launcher and Sword Strike...is that two models, or just one with both weapon sets?

I know how you feel. I got spoiled in the eighties with the 1 to 100 scale Zeta Gundam kits. Plus I find that the MG kits are better bang for the buck.

You got the Ex-S Gundam and Kampfer? I'm jealous. :wink:

The perfect grades are to big and costly for my thoughts on it.

They're a single kit, you build one or the other. God I'd love to get that Aile Strike plus the Noir and Strike E.

Have you ever kept the boxes they came in for moves? That's what I do, seems to help, if they fit.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:33 pm

The perfect grades are just goddamn GLORIOUS.

When I ran my LCS, I had a guy who came in, a scrawny, grizzled, biker dude. Bob could have passed for Wolverine, actually, from the Wolverine: The End series. Looked just like him.

Anyway, Bob had two passions. One of them was Gundam. He bought EVERY tape, every kit, and he worshipped his perfect grade ones.

His other passion.... oddly... was Barbie. You should have seen his place, Gundams on shelves on one side of each room, and Barbies on the other. Odd.

Sadly, about a year after I left the company, Bob was in a collision on his bike, and passed away after a week in a coma. Man, I miss him. :(

--Lex Luthor

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum