Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 401 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

sdsichero wrote:Another thing I am surprised that will be coming to NA (though I think they actually do bring in the books)...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-23/queen-blade-utsukushiki-toshi-tachi-ova-announced

Queen's Blade Utsukushiki Tōshi-tachi OVA Announced
posted on 2010-03-23 07:40 EDT

The May issue of Hobby Japan magazine is revealing on Thursday that a Queen's Blade Utsukushiki Tōshi-tachi OVA is being announced.

Queen's Blade began as Hobby Japan's Japanese game spinoff from Flying Buffalo's Lost Worlds combat picture book games. The television anime adaptation's first season, Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi-, aired in Japan from April to June of last year. The second season, Queen's Blade: Gyokuza o Tsugumono, was announced immediately after the last episode of the first season. The second season premiered this past September.

Media Blasters CEO John Sirabella revealed last November that his company has acquired both television seasons of Queen's Blade with plans for dubbing them into English.

(but I guess this is old news that I might have posted anyway... still kinda surprised)

That's not surprising, considering the news that they're bringing Dance in the Vampire Bund over.

More and more of the virtual hentai stuff is going to be brought over here because that's all they've been making for the last couple of years now.

Fucking sad state of affairs in my opinion.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:If that's code for Summer Glau, you could be right. :-D

This has prompted me to start a thread...........
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:16 pm

sdsichero wrote:Released in North America? :shock:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-23/toei-plans-3d-cg-harlock-gaiking-films

Toei Plans CG Captain Harlock, Gaiking Films
posted on 2010-03-23 01:33 EDT

Japan's Toei Animation is planning to theatrically release computer-graphics (CG) works in Western countries and other locales in 2012. Another anime studio, Production I.G is also planning to release Titan Rain, a joint production with Singaporea's Storm Lion Pictures (Yona Yona Penguin), in Asia. According to the Nikkei news source, the companies are aiming for theatrical releases overseas in part because the number of anime programs on television has declined, and anime DVD shipments have also dropped.

Toei Animation is making two CG anime works, with 3D animation techniques, in 2011. One of the titles is Space Pirate Captain Harlock, and the other is Daikuu Maryuu Gaiking. Each will have a production budget of several billion yen (about several tens of millions of dollars), which Toei plans to raise by soliciting capital from multiple companies. Toei Animation is planning to release these works theatrically in Europe, North America, Asia, and elsewhere in 2012 or later.

FUCKING A..........

I GORRAM LOVE HARLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking bullshit keeping me from being able to get the Mastumot products on DVD here in America........ My Galaxy Express VHS is on it's last legs.........
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 407 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:FUCKING A..........

In more recent years... "Herlock"

ugh.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:This has prompted me to start a thread...........

Lust for Summer Glau thread?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Fucking bullshit keeping me from being able to get the Mastumot products on DVD here in America........ My Galaxy Express VHS is on it's last legs.........

I think a great deal has to do with some of the contracts over ownership.

It would be great if the Captain Harlock and Arcadia SSX series were both but out in DVD here. Along with all the OVAs and movies.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=279
http://www.funimation.com/galaxyrailways/

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Just started buying Galaxy Railways, but its just not the same...

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 pm

I just sent you a PM . You've got 20 hours .

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Arion wrote:I just sent you a PM . You've got 20 hours .

[youtube=425,344,JtyByefOvgQ][/youtube]

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 pm

I can't see the pic. What is it ?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Arion wrote:I can't see the pic. What is it ?

Mission Impossible theme. :-D

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:56 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-24/black-rock-shooter-anime-to-be-streamed-for-free

Black Rock Shooter Anime to Be Streamed for Free
posted on 2010-03-24 06:09 EDT

The official website of the Black Rock Shooter anime project has announced on Wednesday that the full 50-minute length of the anime will be streamed for free to "everyone," although it does not specify if the stream will be available outside Japan. The streaming is part of a promotional campaign that will run from June 25 to August 31. As the first part of the campaign, there will be a free DVD bonus extra for Hobby Japan magazine, which has a circulation of 160,000.

The website also announced that the main cast of the anime has been decided:

Mato Kuroi: Kana Hanazawa
Yomi Takanashi: Miyuki Sawashiro

However, more of the cast will be announced at a later date. The Nico Nico Douga video-streaming website will host the Black Rock Shooter production crew on its Toriaezu Namachū program's Okinawa Special Week. Good Smile representative Aki Takanori, illustrator huke, director Shinobu Yoshioka, Ordet studio head Yutaka Yamamoto, and others will appear at the program.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-24/blogger-danny-choo-reveals-his-anime-title/chinka

Blogger Danny Choo Reveals His Anime Title: Chinka
posted on 2010-03-24 17:35 EDT

In a Thursday post, Tokyo expatriate blogger Danny Choo revealed the title of the anime that his new Mirai Fusion studio has been planning: Chinka (鎮火 or literally, "put out a fire"). A unit called Hibuse worked with Mirai Fusion on the original story. Choo had revealed the existence of Mirai Fusion and the anime project in a post earlier this month. At the time, he also previewed an image of "Chinka-chan."

Choo describes the story of the anime as the following:

Since a few years ago, there have been many cases of arson.

In the rural town of Kiyotaki, situated in a beautiful mountain valley, the town folks are talking about the legendary arsonist, Akaneko [赤猫].

The police have completely given up on Akaneko, who has slipped through their fingers every time.

The town's only hope is its one and only firefighting team - the Mizuneko [水猫] Fire Brigade. But because of their destructive fire fighting ways, they too are feared by the town folk. Almost every night, Akaneko and the Mizuneko Fire Brigade fight fiercely, taking down many of the town's buildings in the process. The Mizuneko Fire Brigade have depleted most of the town's financial resources so the town ends up on the verge of bankruptcy. The town was in a critical state when Chinka, a girl with a superhuman ability to smell out fires appears. With her powers, the Mizuneko Fire Brigade close in on the true identity of Akaneko...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Alert jsalwen!!!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-24/avatar-cg-staff-light-stage-worked-on-gaiking-pilot

Avatar's CG Staff Light Stage Worked on Gaiking Pilot
posted on 2010-03-24 06:59 EDT

Toei Animation has announced that Light Stage, one of the production tools used on the computer graphics for James Cameron's Avatar film, was used for an all-new pilot for a remake of Toei's Gaiking anime series. Light Stage developer Jules Urbach produced the pilot in North America. The pilot will be revealed for the first time at this week's Tokyo International Anime Fair.

In addition to Avatar, Light Stage also worked on Spider-Man 2, King Kong, Superman Returns, Spider-Man 3, Hancock, and Benjamin Button. Light Stage received a Scientific and Engineering Academy Award in recognition of its work.

Update: The Bright Side of News website reported on AMD's September briefing in which Urbach had shown a 10-second clip "from an upcoming manga movie, currently in development by Big Lazy Robot and a Japanese developer." The website posted several screenshots from the clip, and notes that a game is being developed simultaneously "using the very same digital assets and very same level of detail." Thanks, System7.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum