Sunday, February 25, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Image

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Herald wrote:Still may not be enough...


Depends on what the viewer is after.

If all they want is fanservice, maybe.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm

To be honest, if that trailer were connected to a Shogun Warriors film and had the basic story from the old Marvel Comic, a human race from another world has been hiding here for centuries from enemies and secreted in a series of giant robots to fight to protect the Earth from those enemies... could work. More so with more then just three bots.

But they have to stop with the Transformers scrap metal unfinished look crap.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:To be honest, if that trailer were connected to a Shogun Warriors film and had the basic story from the old Marvel Comic, a human race from another world has been hiding here for centuries from enemies and secreted in a series of giant robots to fight to protect the Earth from those enemies... could work. More so with more then just three bots.

But they have to stop with the Transformers scrap metal unfinished look crap.


Well that was a VFX test reel I think, so maybe it'll look different.

If it is part of the story, why the hell is it coming up from underground? Just to be a punk? Hopefully it is some lost civilization or something (Gurren Lagaan?)...

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

sdsichero wrote:Well that was a VFX test reel I think, so maybe it'll look different.

If it is part of the story, why the hell is it coming up from underground? Just to be a punk? Hopefully it is some lost civilization or something (Gurren Lagaan?)...


Yes, kind of like the Transformers one that hit years ago. More promise there though.

I think it would have been hidden at some point prior to the city being built. All the "Shogun Warriors" would be scattered over the globe for key points to defend.

The trailer is just that, showing a bad ass bit, that's all. Doing a Daiku Maru flying along launching the parts and forming the bot... would give more of a kid flick impression.

Just spit balling ideas.

The whole thing is plagiarizing across the board so. make the plot that the Illuminati are one of the first human races. They came here fleeing an enemy that routed them thousands of years ago. They blended in with the human race here and began "shepherding" humanity into a more comfortable level and hopefully into better race as well as allies. Then the shit hits the fan, the enemy shows up. So, the Illuminati begin drafting "gifted" humans to help pilot these super robots to defend the Earth, robots hidden all over the earth over the centuries near or within major urban centers.

All of that is pretty much the original Marvel comic as well as several obvious others.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Yes, kind of like the Transformers one that hit years ago. More promise there though.

I think it would have been hidden at some point prior to the city being built. All the "Shogun Warriors" would be scattered over the globe for key points to defend.

The trailer is just that, showing a bad ass bit, that's all. Doing a Daiku Maru flying along launching the parts and forming the bot... would give more of a kid flick impression.

Just spit balling ideas.

The whole thing is plagiarizing across the board so. make the plot that the Illuminati are one of the first human races. They came here fleeing an enemy that routed them thousands of years ago. They blended in with the human race here and began "shepherding" humanity into a more comfortable level and hopefully into better race as well as allies. Then the shit hits the fan, the enemy shows up. So, the Illuminati begin drafting "gifted" humans to help pilot these super robots to defend the Earth, robots hidden all over the earth over the centuries near or within major urban centers.

All of that is pretty much the original Marvel comic as well as several obvious others.


Now if Disney (Marvel) would only buy the rights...

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:52 pm

sdsichero wrote:Now if Disney (Marvel) would only buy the rights...


Why? They'd probably fuck it up with either making it for the kiddies only or pulling a Transformers on it.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Why? They'd probably fuck it up with either making it for the kiddies only or pulling a Transformers on it.


Why? So they could republish the stuff they have. A lot of the licensed properties they had back in the day crossed over with the Marvel U (eg. Shogun Warriors, Godzilla, Rom, Micronauts). I want TPBs man!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 am

sdsichero wrote:Why? So they could republish the stuff they have. A lot of the licensed properties they had back in the day crossed over with the Marvel U (eg. Shogun Warriors, Godzilla, Rom, Micronauts). I want TPBs man!


I'd like them too, but just getting reprints is not going to happen if Misney owns them.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:32 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I'd like them too, but just getting reprints is not going to happen if Misney owns them.


A man can dream. All this licensed stuff I loved...

Image

Image

Image

Image

:(

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:22 pm

sdsichero wrote:A man can dream. All this licensed stuff I loved...

Image

Image

Image

Image

:(


BUY THE BACK ISSUES THEN! :roll:
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:BUY THE BACK ISSUES THEN! :roll:


Trades would be nicer. Plus they could get Rom back for Abnett & Lanning to play with.

*sigh*

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:33 pm

sdsichero wrote:Trades would be nicer. Plus they could get Rom back for Abnett & Lanning to play with.

*sigh*


Eh, it'd be nice, but why hold your breath. I'd prefer Masterworks for some if not all.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Eh, it'd be nice, but why hold your breath. I'd prefer Masterworks for some if not all.


I'm submitting your name in the crankiest outhouser thread! :x

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:26 pm

sdsichero wrote:I'm submitting your name in the crankiest outhouser thread! :x


I may win. :-D

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], GiveWarAChance, HNutz, sdsichero, Stephen Day, Vader and 34 guests