Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:33 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-29/adult-swim-lists-kekkaishi-u.s-tv-premiere-in-may

Adult Swim, the late-night television programming block of Cartoon Network in the United States, lists the American television premiere of the Kekkaishi anime during the May 29-30 weekend on its online schedule. Viz Media announced that it had acquired the television anime series at Comic-Con International last July. The Sunrise anime studio adapted Yellow Tanabe's Kekkaishi manga into 52 episodes from 2006 to 2008.

The story follows Yoshimori Sumimura, a 14-year-old junior high school boy who is the 22nd Kekkaishi
— barrier master — of the Sumimura clan. As Kekkaishi, Sumimura and his rival Tokine Yukimura protect the land from supernatural beasts.

The original manga has been running in Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine since 2003, and Viz will publish the 21st of the 28 current manga volumes in May. Viz has also been streaming the English-subtitled version of the anime on the Hulu website since January.

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 31 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 pm

I made a separate thread for the Gaiking news and trailer...

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/view ... 19#1731619
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I made a separate thread for the Gaiking news and trailer...

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/view ... 19#1731619

Thx, hope some are interested. Not sure I like the look of the character.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:05 pm

sdsichero wrote:Thx, hope some are interested. Not sure I like the look of the character.

I think they're going for a Transformerish feel. Bad choice.

It needs detailing for a live film, but not a scrap metal look.

The control room/cockpit looked bad to me.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I think they're going for a Transformerish feel. Bad choice.

It needs detailing for a live film, but not a scrap metal look.

The control room/cockpit looked bad to me.

The mech looked fine (would be cool if it did something and became "full color"), but yeah didn't like the control so much.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:13 pm

sdsichero wrote:The mech looked fine (would be cool if it did something and became "full color"), but yeah didn't like the control so much.

They could keep the colours, just make them more subdued.

Too many screens. The bubble canopy with HUD graphics over it would be better. IMO.

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:http://www.japanator.com/want-to-see-a-highschool-of-the-dead-trailer-yes-you-do--14257.phtml

Want to see a Highschool of the Dead trailer? Yes you do.

When we heard the news of a Highschool of the Dead anime, animated by Madhouse, many of us were excited. When we also heard that manga would resume publication, we got really excited. Now there's a trailer for Highschool of the Dead. And I don't think you need me to tell you that it's awesome.

For those not in the know, Highschool of the Dead is a manga following the story of group of Japanese students that are caught up in the zombie apocalypse. It's well-known for excessive amounts of violence, gore, and fanservice. Oh, so much glorious fanservice. One of our readers, The dark prince, put up his cblog earlier today that also mentioned the director: Tetsuro Araki, who has worked on Death Note and portions of Aoi Bungaku. The anime is set to air in the upcoming Fall 2010 season. Are you guys excited? Because I sure am.

I'm not sure this will have nearly enough fanservice to make up for the fact that I'm well-past sick and tired of excessive violence and zombies due to DC... :?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Herald wrote:I'm not sure this will have nearly enough fanservice to make up for the fact that I'm well-past sick and tired of excessive violence and zombies due to DC... :?

For fanservice... there's a tone of other shows, not that that one won't be over loaded with it. Look at that trailer...

Ikkitousen has started...

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:For fanservice... there's a tone of other shows, not that that one won't be over loaded with it. Look at that trailer...

Still may not be enough...

Ikkitousen has started...

True... :D

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 pm

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Herald wrote:Still may not be enough...

Depends on what the viewer is after.

If all they want is fanservice, maybe.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm

To be honest, if that trailer were connected to a Shogun Warriors film and had the basic story from the old Marvel Comic, a human race from another world has been hiding here for centuries from enemies and secreted in a series of giant robots to fight to protect the Earth from those enemies... could work. More so with more then just three bots.

But they have to stop with the Transformers scrap metal unfinished look crap.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:To be honest, if that trailer were connected to a Shogun Warriors film and had the basic story from the old Marvel Comic, a human race from another world has been hiding here for centuries from enemies and secreted in a series of giant robots to fight to protect the Earth from those enemies... could work. More so with more then just three bots.

But they have to stop with the Transformers scrap metal unfinished look crap.

Well that was a VFX test reel I think, so maybe it'll look different.

If it is part of the story, why the hell is it coming up from underground? Just to be a punk? Hopefully it is some lost civilization or something (Gurren Lagaan?)...

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

sdsichero wrote:Well that was a VFX test reel I think, so maybe it'll look different.

If it is part of the story, why the hell is it coming up from underground? Just to be a punk? Hopefully it is some lost civilization or something (Gurren Lagaan?)...

Yes, kind of like the Transformers one that hit years ago. More promise there though.

I think it would have been hidden at some point prior to the city being built. All the "Shogun Warriors" would be scattered over the globe for key points to defend.

The trailer is just that, showing a bad ass bit, that's all. Doing a Daiku Maru flying along launching the parts and forming the bot... would give more of a kid flick impression.

Just spit balling ideas.

The whole thing is plagiarizing across the board so. make the plot that the Illuminati are one of the first human races. They came here fleeing an enemy that routed them thousands of years ago. They blended in with the human race here and began "shepherding" humanity into a more comfortable level and hopefully into better race as well as allies. Then the shit hits the fan, the enemy shows up. So, the Illuminati begin drafting "gifted" humans to help pilot these super robots to defend the Earth, robots hidden all over the earth over the centuries near or within major urban centers.

All of that is pretty much the original Marvel comic as well as several obvious others.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Yes, kind of like the Transformers one that hit years ago. More promise there though.

I think it would have been hidden at some point prior to the city being built. All the "Shogun Warriors" would be scattered over the globe for key points to defend.

The trailer is just that, showing a bad ass bit, that's all. Doing a Daiku Maru flying along launching the parts and forming the bot... would give more of a kid flick impression.

Just spit balling ideas.

The whole thing is plagiarizing across the board so. make the plot that the Illuminati are one of the first human races. They came here fleeing an enemy that routed them thousands of years ago. They blended in with the human race here and began "shepherding" humanity into a more comfortable level and hopefully into better race as well as allies. Then the shit hits the fan, the enemy shows up. So, the Illuminati begin drafting "gifted" humans to help pilot these super robots to defend the Earth, robots hidden all over the earth over the centuries near or within major urban centers.

All of that is pretty much the original Marvel comic as well as several obvious others.

Now if Disney (Marvel) would only buy the rights...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum