Tuesday, December 11, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

'Aquaman' And Friends Pose For His Movie Poster

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:33 pm

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:
David Attenborough knows how to use photoshop better than whoever created that first poster. It is hilariously bad. That is what makes it laughable. All that cash on effects, reshoots, rewrites, and nipple oil; and they cannot make a poster that is better than a mid 90s CD cover.

Ah, so your gripe was with the poster and not the character himself or whatever connection to the 70s cartoon you are "grasping" to make.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 pm

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:57 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:They actually found a way to make Captain Lives in Fish Pee seem even more ridiculous than the Superfriends version. Well done DC, well done. :smt023 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Aquaman was always going to be a tough sell to a public who is even more skeptical in the wake of Justice League where Aquaman was so woefully shortchanged with lame dialogue and effects and while Warner Bros is moving in the right direction, they are still delivering duds like the design for the poster with what looks like Aqua-Momoa wearing leather pants underwater - not to mention that his hair isnt even wet. But there are bright colors in the movie poster and Momoa even looks happy - more so probably because he is hoping this movie will be a big hit for him. But I fear its going to be another underwhelming movie - especially in the slot Warner Bros has the movie in and considering how expensive the film is, anything like Justice League or Man of Steel will be viewed as another disappointment.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:43 am

Clockwork_Fish wrote:I am very concerned for those leather pants he appears to be wearing. I can't imagine salt water is all that good for them.

You ever seen leather which is caked in salt and sand after being worn at the beach? You have to cut it off the unfortunate person wearing it in order to treat their sores.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:39 am

I like the poster

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:01 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:
You ever seen leather which is caked in salt and sand after being worn at the beach? You have to cut it off the unfortunate person wearing it in order to treat their sores.

Tell me about it! :shock: I mean....that's what I've heard... :oops:

pastajoe

Rain Partier

Postby pastajoe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:

Who says it’s leather? In the movie it would be more logical that it’s shark or seal skin, or the Atlantians developed some method to grow material.

oogy

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby oogy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:12 am

People complaining about Aqua-Bro's leather pants is as ridiculous as people complaining about Wonder Woman's shaved pits.

I'm more concerned about the story and the acting than whether or not leather can be worn underwater.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:36 am

oogy wrote:People complaining about Aqua-Bro's leather pants is as ridiculous as people complaining about Wonder Woman's shaved pits.

I'm more concerned about the story and the acting than whether or not leather can be worn underwater.

Well, the acting's probably a mixed bag. We got Ex-Depp, (or is it Depp-Ex?), who can probably bring it somewhat, we got the Green Goblin, who can bring it or chew the scenery as he wishes, we got Dolph…..I think he's gotten a bit better, and we got AquaBro from the Brocean.

The story might do something no DCEU movie has to date; not totally suck. That would be a surprise, but it could happen. Or it could go full-Martha. That seems more likely. More likely still is the 2/3rds of a movie that we got with Wonder Woman---that sort of thing, where the screenwriter just got tired after the second act, and went to sleep, forcing the actors and director to improvise the entire third act based on bad episodes of The A-Team.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:03 am

Regardless of the outcome, I'm still mystified by the decision to cast Momoa as Aquaman. :smt017

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 am

Spacedog wrote:Regardless of the outcome, I'm still mystified by the decision to cast Momoa as Aquaman. :smt017

The only thing I can think of is that he had goat sex pictures of the producers, but then I realize that in Hollywood, anyone doing goat sex would probably publish the pictures themselves...

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:22 am

Aquaman looks like he posts on LiveJournal.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:51 am

He looks like a bearded hippie. Cut your hair or GTFO, Momoa. :-D

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am

To be fair, it's great that Aquaman is capitalizing on that Nu-Metal fad that all the kids are into these days. I hear from sources inside WB that Avril Lavigne is going to do a song for the planned spinoff film: "Aqua-boi."

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:14 am

I have a leaked synopsis for the movie:

After returning to America after an eighteen year exile to Atlantis, the one thing Aquaman wants to do is watch his favorite TV show, Total Request Live. However, not only is Total Request Live not on air anymore, but Aquaman soon discovers that MTV, his once favorite channel, doesn't even play music videos anymore. In a world gone mad, Aquaman journeys to the heart of a deadly conspiracy that involves the kidnapping of Carson Daly by the evil Blank Manta. It's an action packed summer blockbuster with a blistering soundtrack provided by the hip, Nu-Metal sensation, Limp Bizket.

leave a comment with facebook