Advertisement

Arrow Annotations - S02E03: "Broken Dolls"

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 824 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Arrow Annotations - S02E03:

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Chris wrote:How soon before he finds out Ollie is Arrow?

More like how does he not know now? Ollie is not exactly hiding it all that well around him given he does not wear a mask, calls Felicity by name and they don't mask her voice. She is around him a lot... yeah not exactly hiding that well.

I'm wondering though... how long will this BC last? I have a feeling that she'll die to make way for Dinah to become/motivated to be a second BC. In other words, her sister replaces the classic comics mom and daughter lineage.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

TimH
cheese

Liked in: 215 posts

Postby TimH » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I'm wondering though... how long will this BC last? I have a feeling that she'll die to make way for Dinah to become/motivated to be a second BC. In other words, her sister replaces the classic comics mom and daughter lineage.

I hope Laurel Lance winds her way into the Black Canary role. Her role otherwise sucks right now. She's back to being a damsel in distress.

The way Black Canary killed the LoA agent who'd come to fetch her at the end wasn't very convincing. For one thing, that guy shouldn't have been so foolish as to believe he could apprehend her by placing a knife to her throat while standing a few feet back... unless he drew the knife out of honor so she could kill him while he put up a token fight.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Arrow Annotations - S02E03: "Broken Dolls"

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 pm

TimH wrote: unless he drew the knife out of honor so she could kill him while he put up a token fight.

That is what happened.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:44 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:Black Canary seems to be wearing a 3D mask like the Batman and Robin (movie) Robin and Batgirl masks.

Dude it's a domino mask, I know plenty of cosplayer who wear them. It's held on by spirit gum and it looks freaking awesome.

It's basically the mask both Riddler/Ollie wear in the comics.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:49 am

misac wrote:I really like Officer Lance teaming up with GA, it’s s good dynamic. I guess he and Diggle will be switching off as missions demand.

Or just the fourth member of the team, I can see him and diggle having to work together on a mission at somepoint.

I really love the added level to the relationship. But Blackthorne is awesome in the first place. (The man played Harry Dresden after all)

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby misac » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:52 pm

achilles wrote:
Yeah, I liked that too, it's the old Gordon/Batman thing.

Lance seems really eager to becoming a vigilante though. :-D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Chris wrote:How soon before he finds out Ollie is Arrow?

Soon if he doesn’t start wearing a fucking mask. :P

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:54 pm

TimH wrote:
I hope Laurel Lance winds her way into the Black Canary role. Her role otherwise sucks right now. She's back to being a damsel in distress.

I hope not, I don't like that actress at all. I wouldn't buy her as Black Canary.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:57 pm

doombug wrote:Or just the fourth member of the team, I can see him and diggle having to work together on a mission at somepoint.

I really love the added level to the relationship. But Blackthorne is awesome in the first place. (The man played Harry Dresden after all)

If he finds out GA’s secret identity sure. But it’d be too much of a coincidence if Oliver Queen’s bodyguard is helping GA.

And yeah, Blackthorne is awesome. I’m glad he’s been doing more so far.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:30 pm

misac wrote:
Soon if he doesn’t start wearing a fucking mask. :P

It's the one really stupid part of the outfit. Standing in shadows and constantly standing with his back to people is fine every now and then... but half the time there's no way people wouldn't be able to see who he is. It especially becomes an issue now that he's not killing, because during fights there's NO WAY the bad guys can't see his face, and if he leaves them alive... logically, there's nothing keeping them from talking.

It's not quite as bad as Clark Kent's disguise being a pair of glasses... but it's close. On the other hand, I think the domino mask looks really terrible in live-action. Which is why, I assume, they opted to cover half of The Winter Soldier's face in the new Cap movie rather than give him a domino mask.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Chris wrote:
It's the one really stupid part of the outfit. Standing in shadows and constantly standing with his back to people is fine every now and then... but half the time there's no way people wouldn't be able to see who he is. It especially becomes an issue now that he's not killing, because during fights there's NO WAY the bad guys can't see his face, and if he leaves them alive... logically, there's nothing keeping them from talking.

It's not quite as bad as Clark Kent's disguise being a pair of glasses... but it's close. On the other hand, I think the domino mask looks really terrible in live-action. Which is why, I assume, they opted to cover half of The Winter Soldier's face in the new Cap movie rather than give him a domino mask.

I respectfully disagree with the domino mask, I honestly think that it really depends on the material used and the actors face.

Canary's mask looks awesome and they could easily give Ollie a working proper mask if they got rid of the mascara idea already.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Also serious question/discussion point: Unless the writing suddenly went shitty and dramatic and forced tension...wouldn't Dinah's father finding out that Ollie is Arrow be a good thing and change their relationship even further?

I'm guessing it happens by the midseason finale and him finding out that his other daughter isn't quite as dead as they thought.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 368 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:26 pm

And if/when he also discovers that his not-dead daughter is also a vigilante should spin everything for both him and Laurel.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:28 pm

doombug wrote:I respectfully disagree with the domino mask, I honestly think that it really depends on the material used and the actors face.

Canary's mask looks awesome and they could easily give Ollie a working proper mask if they got rid of the mascara idea already.

I disagree. Looks hokey.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby Evan Meadow » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:12 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:
More like how does he not know now? Ollie is not exactly hiding it all that well around him given he does not wear a mask, calls Felicity by name and they don't mask her voice. She is around him a lot... yeah not exactly hiding that well.

I'm wondering though... how long will this BC last? I have a feeling that she'll die to make way for Dinah to become/motivated to be a second BC. In other words, her sister replaces the classic comics mom and daughter lineage.

Oooooooh that's an idea I hadn't thought of. That BC is her sister. I was going "That's either Talia or Shiva."

But in the end, I think its still inevitable that at some point, Laurel's going to take the role during the course of the show.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum