Sunday, November 18, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Arrow Season Seven Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 am

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:Didn't Turner die during one of the early task force x episodes? Am I the only one remembering that? Waller isn't the type to put someone back in a regular jailcell.

Love having him, cody and vinny jones back. 3 fantastic actors who deserve more love.


I don't remember the time frame could he(turner) have been flashpointed?
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:11 am

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:Didn't Turner die during one of the early task force x episodes? Am I the only one remembering that? Waller isn't the type to put someone back in a regular jailcell.

Love having him, cody and vinny jones back. 3 fantastic actors who deserve more love.


Jones being back just serves to highlight again how much better all this Diaz crap from this season and last would be if the story was being told with Brick instead of Diaz.
User avatar

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:07 pm

chap22 wrote:
Jones being back just serves to highlight again how much better all this Diaz crap from this season and last would be if the story was being told with Brick instead of Diaz.


Or whoever Cody Rhodes is playing. Or if they just went with the computer guy as the big bad. Or some random hobo off the street. Or anyone.

My brother doesn't watch Arrow, but he came in while I was watching last night's episode during the Diaz scene. I told him that was last season's main villain and he said and I quote, "that dude is basic as fuck."

Diaz is the worse villain not just in Arrow, but I daresay he took the top spot from Vandall Savage as worse villain in the entire Arrowverse. Matt Noble as Ras Al Ghul at least had some screen presence even if the writers had no idea what to do with him. Damien Darhk was fun but the season around him was just a complete mess.

When they introduced that international criminal organization last season, my thought was that I could forgive them for Diaz if he was just a device to introduce an Intergang style criminal network as a big bad in the next season, but then he just kills them. And gets away with it. No other criminal in the entire world has a problem with him just murdering the heads of an international criminal network that several super criminals were probably using to their advantages.

Here's my idea of how they can fix this Diaz mess: Sportsmaster.

Keep Ollie in Supermax. Keep vigilantes off the streets as much as possible. Diaz thinks he's doing great but then this psycho in a hockey mask shows up and starts chain-murdering his men with sports related weapons. Make him like the fucking Terminator but with baseball bats and exploding hockey pucks. There is a shit ton of collateral damage to the city and civilians in Sportsmaster's quest to punish Diaz for fucking with that international criminal network while at the same time, re-establishing that network with Star City as the base of operations. The team gets together and tries to take him down, they fail and get sent to the Supermax prison in the mid-season finale. Then shit gets even worse as Sportsmaster recruits several villains from all over the world and Argus cannot take them down. So Argus uses the Task Force X initiative which has been approved by another mysterious government entity that supersedes all others called Checkmate, and pulls Ollie and his team out of Supermax, making them Argus agents and sending them after Sportsmaster and his army of villains. Season finale ends with Green Arrow and friends victorious, Sportsmaster and his villains in Supermax and then reveal that Checkmate is being run by parallel earth Amanda Waller and a major villain from DC, setting up Season 8.
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Missed that episode as my power was out for the entire day due to Santa Ana winds blowing down shit. Sounds like I didn't miss much. They better not come back when Legends debuts, (next Monday is it?). Then I will be pissed.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm

chap22 wrote:
Jones being back just serves to highlight again how much better all this Diaz crap from this season and last would be if the story was being told with Brick instead of Diaz.

Jones is the calibur of actor where depending on his character, he'll steal the show from the leads. It's just how he is.

That being said, Diaz is seriously the fucking worst.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
Here's my idea of how they can fix this Diaz mess: Sportsmaster.

Keep Ollie in Supermax. Keep vigilantes off the streets as much as possible. Diaz thinks he's doing great but then this psycho in a hockey mask shows up and starts chain-murdering his men with sports related weapons. Make him like the fucking Terminator but with baseball bats and exploding hockey pucks. There is a shit ton of collateral damage to the city and civilians in Sportsmaster's quest to punish Diaz for fucking with that international criminal network while at the same time, re-establishing that network with Star City as the base of operations. The team gets together and tries to take him down, they fail and get sent to the Supermax prison in the mid-season finale. Then shit gets even worse as Sportsmaster recruits several villains from all over the world and Argus cannot take them down. So Argus uses the Task Force X initiative which has been approved by another mysterious government entity that supersedes all others called Checkmate, and pulls Ollie and his team out of Supermax, making them Argus agents and sending them after Sportsmaster and his army of villains. Season finale ends with Green Arrow and friends victorious, Sportsmaster and his villains in Supermax and then reveal that Checkmate is being run by parallel earth Amanda Waller and a major villain from DC, setting up Season 8.


Maybe we can get a Task Force X episode or two while we're at it.

One episode showing us what the Suicide Squad movie should have been (bad guys doing black ops missions for the US government, maybe a heist or a hit or something) and one episode where Ollie reluctantly joins them.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:14 pm

Did somebody say "Elseworlds"?

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image Stephen Amell posted on Twitter.

Image

And then there's this...
Image


Then again, there's Caity Lotz's Twitter posts. ;)


Looks like fun!
User avatar

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:42 pm

I have been shipping Arrow and sportsmaster since season 2 8)
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 pm

I don't have a lot of thoughts about the season premiere of Arrow...but I didn't hate it. After skipping the last chunk of episodes from the previous season, that has to be an improvement...right?

That being said, Rene and Dinah can still take a long walk off a short pier and take Diaz with them. Wow...he's still that awful?!
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:55 pm

HNutz wrote:I had a guess about who the kid was... right before the reveal.

Cool!

I hear it's supposed to be a twenty year flash forward and that's William and Roy at the end.



Yep, you heard correctly. "ARROW" Season 7 Adds Ben Lewis as [REDACTED] - SPOILERS

Despite reusing the hero-in-jail thing, this was an okay episode. The fight sequences continue to be some of the best choregraphed scenes of any of the CW superhero shows. I actually like Rene better as a normal dad. Curtis is still annoying as fuck even though his scene was only 5 minutes long. Why would Oliver want Felicity to go back into Witness Protection? Clearly it didn't work out so well this time. Can't ARGUS or someone (other than "anyone can walk in here" STAR Labs) provide a safe house for her and William ?
User avatar

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:30 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Yep, you heard correctly. "ARROW" Season 7 Adds Ben Lewis as [REDACTED] - SPOILERS

Despite reusing the hero-in-jail thing, this was an okay episode. The fight sequences continue to be some of the best choregraphed scenes of any of the CW superhero shows. I actually like Rene better as a normal dad. Curtis is still annoying as fuck even though his scene was only 5 minutes long. Why would Oliver want Felicity to go back into Witness Protection? Clearly it didn't work out so well this time. Can't ARGUS or someone (other than "anyone can walk in here" STAR Labs) provide a safe house for her and William ?


I also recall I claimed when they stopped flashing back they would start flashing forward. Kinda enjoying it so far. Ollie in prison is a hell of a lot more interesting than barry.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:Didn't Turner die during one of the early task force x episodes? Am I the only one remembering that? Waller isn't the type to put someone back in a regular jailcell.



Turner died in the comics that took place between seasons or an episode of the show (during a mission where he was part of Task Force X), which I guess are thrown out the window now? Maybe? I don't know. :smt017
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 am

HNutz wrote:Did somebody say "Elseworlds"?

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image Stephen Amell posted on Twitter.

Image

And then there's this...
Image


Then again, there's Caity Lotz's Twitter posts. ;)


Looks like fun!


[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image
User avatar

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:37 pm

Villain Laurel is so much better
User avatar

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:59 pm

S7 ep 2 "The Longbow Hunters"

Really digging the villains in this one.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I thought the train sequence was pretty exciting especially the climax with Diggle fighting Diaz. The Canaries team up was cool as well and this may be the best version of Laurel the show has done. Still interested in where the island flash forward scenes lead to.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bianco, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Glaeken, Google [Bot], SporkBot and 32 guests