Saturday, December 15, 2018 • Evening Edition • "If you loved Hotel Rwanda, you'll love The Outhouse."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Arrow Season Seven Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:35 am

Diaz is the turd that wont flush

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:41 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Diaz is the turd that wont flush

Ya gotta have hope.

Now Iris truly is the unkillable cockroach of the Arrowverse, she'd even survive a nuking by Felicity.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 am

Bianco wrote:
Agreed I'd hope Diaz & this prison story would be over by now, at least legends was ok

There is that. Trouble is, Legends was just okay; it needs to be well....Legendary every episode to make up for the shit CW pulls in the other Arrowverse shows. Yes, the Disney singing thing was cute, but it doesn't make up for Diaz. I was going to suggest that the writers do penance by self flagellation, but Sabrina beat me to it. Also beat me to it on the cannibalism thing. :smt011 Now I'm running out of ideas for suitable tortures to inflict on Arrowverse writers. Maybe....make them watch their own shows? :smt017

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:57 pm

My Image tells me that Stanley is the big bad for this season

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Image

DO IT!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:34 pm

*sigh* Patty... :smt007 :-(

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:My Image tells me that Stanley is the big bad for this season

I don't know about the big bad, but he's definitely more than he's let on so far. They're making him such a fanboy/hanger-on/meek milquetoast that it's CLEAR they're setting up some kind of swerve. I've seen a CW show or 2 in my day, they can't help themselves.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:53 pm

chap22 wrote:
I don't know about the big bad, but he's definitely more than he's let on so far. They're making him such a fanboy/hanger-on/meek milquetoast that it's CLEAR they're setting up some kind of swerve. I've seen a CW show or 2 in my day, they can't help themselves.

Yep, big bad or not, it's clear he's something. Probably that Demon fella. Pity BTW you can't change that GIF to have Brie smacking the hell out of Iris....

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Since we have seen pics of elseworlds....this isnt out of the relm of possiblity

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:21 pm

So....if you've ever wondered what Stephen Amell or Grant Gustin make, well, Daily Variety's got you covered. I don't have time to dig up the linky, but it's $125,000 per episode for Amell, and $100,000 for Gustin. No word on what Benoist makes, but I would assume less, maybe considerably, since this was a list of top earners on TV, (broadcast drama in this case). I would assume Iris makes upwards of $20,000,000 per, since it's all about her.

And that assumes about a 22 episode season, which is still the standard for broadcast TV, though that's changing. The Riverdales stars all make much less. The Stranger Things people make much more.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:04 pm

achilles wrote:So....if you've ever wondered what Stephen Amell or Grant Gustin make, well, Daily Variety's got you covered. I don't have time to dig up the linky, but it's $125,000 per episode for Amell, and $100,000 for Gustin. No word on what Benoist makes, but I would assume less, maybe considerably, since this was a list of top earners on TV, (broadcast drama in this case).

Is there a reason for this that doesn't sound sexist?

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:59 pm

HNutz wrote:

Well, it's a fact that female stars tend to make less than males, much less. You can argue about why, but it remains the case regardless. Though some progress has been made there. But also look at the fact that Gustin makes less than Amell, and his show came second. Supergirl came third, so perhaps the same dynamic is at play there as well. Regardless, IMO, Benoist is at least as important to her show as Amell is to his, but then I also don't know the dynamics of how much each show costs and makes. Bottom line is while it's certainly suspicious, it's impossible for an outsider to evaluate this sort of thing. Is a 14 year old actress on Stranger Things worth $350,000 per episode to Amell's $125,000? When he does far more stunt work and needs to be in much better shape? Maybe, I can't evaluate it. Norman Redus BTW pulls in about a cool $1,000,000 per, which makes it easy to see why he'd have to be carried off the show kicking and screaming, unpleasant filming conditions notwithstanding.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:30 pm

HNutz wrote:

Seniority. Public face of the Arrowverse. Has had a show long enough to likely renegotiate his contract/get a raise at least once.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 pm

chap22 wrote:
Seniority. Public face of the Arrowverse. Has had a show long enough to likely renegotiate his contract/get a raise at least once.

There is that, as I mentioned. IIRC he did renegotiate at least once. So for him that's almost $3 million a year, quite a lot to most people. And still, peanuts to what some of them get. Even Norman Redus wasn't the top earner.

leave a comment with facebook