Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Article snarks

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I think you need to separate the press release from the snark with a POV section from each of the articles. It's funny to read a thanoscoper article once in a while but for fucks sake, everything bringing the same brand of humor gets old really fast.


And yet Jon Stewart is still on the air... Seth Rogan still makes movies...
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
And yet Jon Stewart is still on the air... Seth Rogan still makes movies...



Because they obviously write for the OH and cater to the same audience for that comparison.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:23 pm

To that I say, write some articles. We are always accepting new additions to the staff writing team.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Seriously, Jude's not making anyone read anything. If you don't like his snarkiness, don't read it. I don't see the issue. :smt017
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I think you need to separate the press release from the snark with a POV section from each of the articles. It's funny to read a thanoscoper article once in a while but for fucks sake, everything bringing the same brand of humor gets old really fast.

yea, but the old way of copying and pasting bland CBR articles never got old
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Seriously, Jude's not making anyone read anything. If you don't like his snarkiness, don't read it. I don't see the issue. :smt017

Herald mentality. Read it AND complain! :lol:
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:33 pm

We didn't copy and paste CBR articles, just for the record. :lol: We copied and pasted press releases sent directly to us by companies. :P
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Okay, you all know that Jude and I have a strictly messed up hate/hate relationship and I am the biggest critic of his articles, but I'm going to say this:

If you guys don't like them, just make fun of Zechs.

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:42 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I think you need to separate the press release from the snark with a POV section from each of the articles. It's funny to read a thanoscoper article once in a while but for fucks sake, everything bringing the same brand of humor gets old really fast.


For what it's worth, not all of the writers have the same tenor to their articles.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:
For what it's worth, not all of the writers have the same tenor to their articles.


Hell, not all of the articles written by the same writer have the same tenor to them.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:
For what it's worth, not all of the writers have the same tenor to their articles.


Oh yeah I know, but Jude and ThanosCopter have similar styles and literally seem to swamp the sections with it.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:15 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Oh yeah I know, but Jude and ThanosCopter have similar styles and literally seem to swamp the sections with it.



I've explained this before though - a website needs a bunch of new articles every day if it wants people to read it daily. ThanosCopter and I are producing those articles because somebody has to. If more people would write more articles, it wouldn't seem like we're swamping the site with them. A few people have been stepping it up, actually. But the solution is never to encourage writers to write less. :P
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I say keep doing it. .


Well shit, I guess we should go back to the old way.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:38 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

I've explained this before though - a website needs a bunch of new articles every day if it wants people to read it daily. ThanosCopter and I are producing those articles because somebody has to. If more people would write more articles, it wouldn't seem like we're swamping the site with them. A few people have been stepping it up, actually. But the solution is never to encourage writers to write less. :P


I mean I know how you feel. I wrote seven articles yesterday. Three of those were basically collections of news briefs in the various conferences. A few of them took longer than they should have, and I think the most read one got around 30 hits.

I wrote the Hypernaturals review last week, and I'd like to do more. SWRT takes up a lot of time, though.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:
For what it's worth, not all of the writers have the same tenor to their articles.

Jude looks like a tenor but he is really soprano

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, Google [Bot], Grayson, Liam Moorhart, NeverReady, VaderTheTrader and 49 guests