Sunday, July 24, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Article snarks

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:06 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:We didn't copy and paste CBR articles, just for the record. :lol: We copied and pasted press releases sent directly to us by companies. :P

Suuuuuure :P

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:41 am

At first i was against the new artistic direction. Everytime i opened a news article i thought to myself "what an idiot", but truth be told I read lots more news articles now than I used to.
And I enjoy them.

Perhaps I was the idiot and Jude was right.

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:20 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Can't they be both? :smt102

By "both" you mean drunk/drugged and insane?

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 am

I go to CBR for news now.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 am

Miracloman wrote:
By "both" you mean drunk/drugged and insane?

That didn't work out too well for Syd Barrett, so it's probably not a good idea.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:53 am

Holland Oats wrote:I go to CBR for news now.

Which pretty much defeats the initiative.

Like I said, Jude should spend some time checking out Deadspin for ideas how to present the snark without getting too heavy handed about it.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 am

I think we need a series of Snark Article Civil War banners.

Use that picture for the "I'm with Jude Terror" banners.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 am

I snarked your mom last night.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 am

Punchy wrote:I snarked your mom last night.

/slotted

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:41 am

There is obviously no middle ground to be had between dry, copy and pasted articles and ones that are practically parody.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

Timbales wrote:There is obviously no middle ground to be had between dry, copy and pasted articles and ones that are practically parody.

I don't care for the snark in this post. Please change the tone of your posts because I don't like it. I would prefer if you made posts that were more informative with less sarcasm. Since you perform this service for free, it is your duty to do it to my specifications.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 am

Seems like I must be the douchebag because I actually like to read comic news here and lately can't get any of it here.

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I don't care for the snark in this post. Please change the tone of your posts because I don't like it. I would prefer if you made posts that were more informative with less sarcasm. Since you perform this service for free, it is your duty to do it to my specifications.

How dare you be critical of my posts. I will now try to belittle you and make you feel like your were wrong to not enjoy my every post.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 am

Jesus titty fucking Christ this place is packed with crybaby bitches.

and remember if The Nacireman says you are doing something wrong you are probably on the right track. :outhouse:

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 am

AaronW wrote:Jesus titty fucking Christ this place is packed with crybaby bitches.

and remember if The Nacireman says you are doing something wrong you are probably on the right track. :outhouse:

Heaven forbid there's constructive criticism. :roll:

leave a comment with facebook