Advertisement

Attack of the Show No More

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 80 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Attack of the Show No More

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:51 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Marvel already has a channel, it's called the Disney channel.

Disney's kid oriented. I'm talking something that would show Marvel movies, animated shows, probably reruns of the SHIELD series and whatever else it develops for TV. Maybe some anime as well.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Family Channel? :smt017

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:21 am

Zechs wrote:Family Channel? :smt017

Some of the movies may be too violent for Family Channel.
I'd say a Marvel channel would be more of an platform for the movies and future live action shows. Animated shows in the late afternoon and evening

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 am

Chris wrote:Pretty sure Chris Hardwick has been around since the 90's, so G4 didn't exactly launch his career.

I guess it launched his current career as The Nerdist. I don't think I've ever watched G4, so I can't be sure, but I'm assuming whatever he's up to currently started out in some nascent form on this channel. Before that, he was a nobody nostalgia figure, and before that he was the guy on Singled Out who stood next to Jenny McCarthy's boobs and wouldn't stop talking.
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:44 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:
I guess it launched his current career as The Nerdist. I don't think I've ever watched G4, so I can't be sure, but I'm assuming whatever he's up to currently started out in some nascent form on this channel. Before that, he was a nobody nostalgia figure, and before that he was the guy on Singled Out who stood next to Jenny McCarthy's boobs and wouldn't stop talking.

I actually liked Singled Out, before Carmen Electra came around and ruined it.

- Sons of the Desert

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:23 am

The Nacireman wrote:
Disney's kid oriented. I'm talking something that would show Marvel movies, animated shows, probably reruns of the SHIELD series and whatever else it develops for TV. Maybe some anime as well.

Toon Disney became Disney XD specifically to air such male-oriented programming as Marvel's stuff. Heck, Disney bought Marvel specifically because they realized that they were skewing too "girly" with their offerings on the Disney Channel and in animated films.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:36 am

Herald wrote:
Toon Disney became Disney XD specifically to air such male-oriented programming as Marvel's stuff. Heck, Disney bought Marvel specifically because they realized that they were skewing too "girly" with their offerings on the Disney Channel and in animated films.

XD is aimed at kids under 14. Disney is not gonna be showing Iron Man 2 with its scene of Tony Stark getting wasted in it. I'm talking a network aimed mainly at the 18-34 demo and up here. I thought that was fricking obvious.

Any Marvel toon shows would be there to take up afternoon and early evening hours.

- Sons of the Desert

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:19 am

Sakie wrote:Wow, that really sucks. I have been enjoying the current guest co-host format and I will miss Candace Bailey, Sara Underwood, and Matt Mira.

Well, that's officially one less channel that I will be watching.

You can still see and hear Matt on the nerdist network. both the youtube and podcast. :smt102

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:

Nope, Nerdist grew through word of mouth and it's guest list and the fact that it grew as a network. G4 had nothing to do with that.

Plus Chris has been appearing in everything from House of a thousand corpses to being the lead voice actor in Nickelodeon's barnyard. :smt102

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby misac » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:43 am

They could crate a new show for another channel.

It'd be cool if Disney aired the animes late at night Adult Swim style.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:03 pm

misac wrote:They could crate a new show for another channel.

It'd be cool if Disney aired the animes late at night Adult Swim style.

Ain't. Gonna. Happen. Not on a Disney branded network. On on ABC Family. That's why a Marvel TV channel would be a better fit for something like that.

- Sons of the Desert

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:

oooooh, that's where I remember him from
I wondered since he seemed familiar and I had never really been into AoS or nerdist stuff when I first came upon him (again)

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:48 pm

The Nacireman wrote:XD is aimed at kids under 14. Disney is not gonna be showing Iron Man 2 with its scene of Tony Stark getting wasted in it.

They can and do edit that sort of thing out, but still show the rest of the movie, you know... :roll:

And hey, I'm sure Disney's never, EVER shown anyone wasted on their channels before!
OH, WAIT!! :o

I'm talking a network aimed mainly at the 18-34 demo and up here. I thought that was fricking obvious.

And I'm talking about the company that repeatedly ran the Muppets' rendition of "Kokomo" on the Disney Channel... but made sure to edit out the part with "'Afternoon delight'/Cocktails and moonlit nights..."

I thought the LONG-ESTABLISHED HISTORY of networks showing "offensive" movies, videos, etc., but editing out the offending material, was fairly obvious.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Herald wrote:
They can and do edit that sort of thing out, but still show the rest of the movie, you know... :roll:

And hey, I'm sure Disney's never, EVER shown anyone wasted on their channels before!
OH, WAIT!! :o

And I'm talking about the company that repeatedly ran the Muppets' rendition of "Kokomo" on the Disney Channel... but made sure to edit out the part with "'Afternoon delight'/Cocktails and moonlit nights..."

I thought the LONG-ESTABLISHED HISTORY of networks showing "offensive" movies, videos, etc., but editing out the offending material, was fairly obvious.

You still don't get it. Disney is aimed at more family-friendly programming. XD is aimed at a younger (under 13-14) audience.

Movies like Thor and Iron man are aimed at an older audience. They don't fit the target demo. You ain't gonna see Captain America on there.

- Sons of the Desert

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 636 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:48 pm

doombug wrote:You can still see and hear Matt on the nerdist network. both the youtube and podcast. :smt102

Yeah, thats a good point. I will still miss seeing them on my tv on a regular basis though. :-(
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum