Wednesday, July 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Avengers #11 (Spoiling future issues spoilers!)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 pm

So I'm reading Avengers #11 and right on the first page, Thor talks about how Tony Stark is allegedly dead and Iron Man is missing. The editor's note says this happens in next month's Tales of Suspense! WTF STAN LEE.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:28 pm

:lol:

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:02 pm

has there actually been an announcement anywhere about Tales of Suspense?

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:16 pm

e_galston wrote:has there actually been an announcement anywhere about Tales of Suspense?

I think he's talking about a 50 year old comic.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:19 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I think he's talking about a 50 year old comic.

and this is why i shouldn't reply when i'm dead tired...

i know that Rich said there might be a Tales of Suspense coming since it was trademarked again and then there was an avengers issue today, so my mind didn't think that

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:01 am

It wasn't very good and they messed up Spidey's mask on the cover. :smt011

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 am

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:28 am

Whatever, Iron Man is on the cover and he's not even in the issue. FALSE ADVERTISING.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 am

syxxpakk wrote:Whatever, Iron Man is on the cover and he's not even in the issue. FALSE ADVERTISING.

You're being ridiculous and overly dramatic. Knock it off.

I mean, look. That shield Cap is carrying is different. It contradicts previously established continuity, and therefore this entire issue (and all that follow from it), are CLEARLY an out of continuity What If.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:05 am

I hate NuMarvel. All this promotion of these "new" characters like the Fantastic Four and Daredevil are bullshit, and they totally leave the classic characters that everyone loves hidden in the dust. Where's the love for Millie the Model?

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:18 am

syxxpakk wrote:I hate NuMarvel. All this promotion of these "new" characters like the Fantastic Four and Daredevil are bullshit, and they totally leave the classic characters that everyone loves hidden in the dust. Where's the love for Millie the Model?

Pfft. If they DID bring her back, then "The Great One" Lee would just fuck it up by changing her personality entirely. She better off under his radar, IMO. Imagine the horrors NuMarvel'd put her through: having her OWN goals instead of her man's.... Having THOUGHTS of her own.... Not letting her cry wistfully, staring out a window as her man goes to work!

*Insert GIF of Millie NOT BEING IMPRESSED*

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:00 am

CONTINUITY!!! BAAABY!!! Ooooo OO OO OOOOooooooo!!!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:24 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Pfft. If they DID bring her back, then "The Great One" Lee would just fuck it up by changing her personality entirely. She better off under his radar, IMO. Imagine the horrors NuMarvel'd put her through: having her OWN goals instead of her man's.... Having THOUGHTS of her own.... Not letting her cry wistfully, staring out a window as her man goes to work!

*Insert GIF of Millie NOT BEING IMPRESSED*

You're probably right. They have already fucked up Namor, Captain America, and the Human Torch. How do you go from android to little kid? Christ this company.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:29 am

syxxpakk wrote:
You're probably right. They have already fucked up Namor, Captain America, and the Human Torch. How do you go from android to little kid? Christ this company.

They don't care about the characters, or the readers. They just need more grist for their marketing dept, churning out more cinematic gems like that "amazing" Spider-man tv show, and that "fantastic" Captain America serial that completely ruined the character forever by changing his origins!

leave a comment with facebook