Advertisement

Avengers World #3

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18569
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Avengers World #3

Postby habitual » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:24 pm

I loved this comic and hated it at the same time. I loved it because it was awesome, I hated because it reminded how I want more of the Immortal Iron Fist.

Strong 4 out of 4 stars this week.

Hab

Advertisement

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18569
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: Avengers World #3

Postby habitual » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:20 am

Seriously no one read this?

Hab

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 32840
Likes: 56 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: Avengers World #3

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:29 am

I liked the art better this issue. I kinda felt the presentation of the garden on A.I.M. didn't have the "wow" factor of Opena's vision of Ex Nihlo's Garden on Mars. Not quite as Panda Bear mode as I would have liked. Not epic enough.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21380
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 127 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Avengers World #3

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:15 am

one, as a Shang-Chi purist, I really don't think I like the whole idea of adding "enhancer" weapons to him. two, I really, really don't care much for the whole "Gorgon is the deadliest most unbeatable man EVARRRRRRRR" nonsense they've built up around him, although what do I expect from a Millar creation (certainly not subtlety or multiple dimensions, that's for sure), y'know?

that said, the kung fu action was awesome. the writing was pretty damn great (loved all Shang's fortune-cookie-esque inner monologue, walked the fine line between cool and cheesy without ever stepping over), and all I know is I am looking very much forward to the Chinaman getting his (better be) eventual rematch and whupping Gorgon's ass.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39585
Likes: 123 posts
Liked in: 192 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Online


Re: Avengers World #3

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm

I think Hickman built up the Gorgan as being the deadliest man ever in Secret Warriors more so than Millar. Remember, Millar killed him at the end of the Wolverine story. I don't think he was ever intended to come back until Hickman brought him back.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21380
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 127 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Avengers World #3

Postby chap22 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Keb wrote:I think Hickman built up the Gorgan as being the deadliest man ever in Secret Warriors more so than Millar. Remember, Millar killed him at the end of the Wolverine story. I don't think he was ever intended to come back until Hickman brought him back.

either way, he's still a Millar creation. well-roundedness will not be in his personality.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 32840
Likes: 56 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: Avengers World #3

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm

The idea of Madripoor being on the back of a giant flying dragon is the more interesting part for me. It goes along with the series' idea of groups like A.I.M. and the Hand rising up to challenge the notion that Earth is an Avengers World.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 40 guests

Advertisement