Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Sa-mi bagi mana-n cur si sa-mi faci laba la cacat

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:59 pm

It's interesting to see, though, how nationalistic people are over here. Especially where I am right now..

The Romanians hate the Hungarians, and the Hungarians hate the Romanians. The Romanians think the land is theirs, and the Hungarians think the land is theirs.

It's like a much less violent Israel/Palestine situation! :shock:

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:05 pm

DaReekstah wrote:14, I think.. and I was 7.


To be honest, during that time between Pacepa defection and the Revolutions I'm surprised even your dad got a visa to leave. Especially to come to the U.S.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:06 pm

DaReekstah wrote:14, I think.. and I was 7.


Haha...You're a FOB
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:11 pm

Carrie wrote:To be honest, during that time between Pacepa defection and the Revolutions I'm surprised even your dad got a visa to leave. Especially to come to the U.S.


To be honest, I don't think it's much better even now..

Or at least a few years ago. There was some sort of lottery or something, that awarded visas to people, because it was so hard to get otherwise, and I know even that was so corrupt.. if you didn't know someone important, there was little to no chance of "winning."

Not sure if it's still like that, but this is hot it was at least about two years ago.. and it hasn't been a communist government since '89.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:11 pm

jza1218 wrote:Haha...You're a FOB


What's a FOB?

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:19 pm

DaReekstah wrote:To be honest, I don't think it's much better even now..

Or at least a few years ago. There was some sort of lottery or something, that awarded visas to people, because it was so hard to get otherwise, and I know even that was so corrupt.. if you didn't know someone important, there was little to no chance of "winning."

Not sure if it's still like that, but this is hot it was at least about two years ago.. and it hasn't been a communist government since '89.


The majority of the changes that were made following the Revolutions of 1989 and Ceauşescu's execution were really in name only. There are still investigations going on to look into Iliescu's actions during the revolution and over the course of his Presidency, and that didn't end until 2004.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 pm

DaReekstah wrote:What's a FOB?


It stands for Fresh Off the Boat. It's a term used to describe "boat people." It comes from the large number of people who snuck into the country by stowing away on boats.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Carrie wrote:It stands for Fresh Off the Boat. It's a term used to describe "boat people." It comes from the large number of people who snuck into the country by stowing away on boats.


I hate boats. :x

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:27 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I hate boats. :x


Except the one that brought you to freedom, right? :wink:
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Carrie wrote:Except the one that brought you to freedom, right? :wink:


That was four tires roped together into a makeshift raft.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:35 pm

DaReekstah wrote:That was four tires roped together into a makeshift raft.


Did you have to eat raw fish and drink your own pee to survive?
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:37 pm

Carrie wrote:Did you have to eat raw fish and drink your own pee to survive?


No.. no fish or pee..

I used to have a baby brother before leaving. We cannibalized him, and sustained ourselves on his flesh and blood. He drew the short stick. :twisted:

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:43 pm

DaReekstah wrote:No.. no fish or pee..

I used to have a baby brother before leaving. We cannibalized him, and sustained ourselves on his flesh and blood. He drew the short stick. :twisted:


So your avatar is a picture of him on the beach as you were getting ready to leave? :shock:
User avatar

Jonathan

Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:04 pm

DaReekstah wrote:No.. no fish or pee..

I used to have a baby brother before leaving. We cannibalized him, and sustained ourselves on his flesh and blood. He drew the short stick. :twisted:


No wonder you love LOST so much..... :shock:
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:15 am

Goozam beh reeshet!

(That's farsi for: 'I fart on your beard') :-D

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarthEwok, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, MSNbot Media, Pharozonk, Sighphi and 47 guests