Advertisement

Because Fuck You, Kwame

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

L Independant
25 To Life

Liked in: 0 post

Because Fuck You, Kwame

Postby L Independant » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:01 pm

Time to talk of another political sex scandal, a la Spitzer. This one in the great city of Detroit. Some may know that Kwame Kilpatrick is a dickbag. He doesn't do shit except live large like Biggie and ignore the fact that Detroit continues to crumble. Then he goes on with a staffer, apparently having an affair. There's even rumors (I've heard it once but heard nothing else of it) that a stripper or two were killed at a party he had, and that that was the reason cops were investigating him...who he then fired.

The difference between him and Spitzer? Spitzer had the good sense to step down, not make it out that he was the victim of a witchhunt (Kwame's playing the race card...in Detroit...where...how many mayors have been black?), and was at least a guy who gave a shit about his citizens (but couldn't keep it zipped up...not necessarily a reason to have to leave your job, but hey, it's America).

So fuck you, Kwame. I hope you spend time in a cell next to Jack Kevorkian, listening to that old geyser's tales of grim and gory.

Anybody who can substantiate the rumors of the dead stripper, that'd be great.

Advertisement

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Re: Because Fuck You, Kwame

Postby Thunderstorm » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:10 pm

He does seem like a jackass, but unfortunately this is the norm in politics rather than the exception.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:20 am

I haven't heard the rumors about the dead stripper until now, but that guy is a douchebag.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:20 am

it's all I hear on the news now, and the man is corrupt as hell, but you know what... the city folk still love him.

In the 70's, Mayor Coleman Young was just as corrupt (although smarter at it) and bilked that city out of millions. Anytime anyone went sniffing around, the whole city stood by him. Blew my mind, and I was very young back then.

It's the same thing, all over again. Personally, I hope he gets everything that is coming to him, for justice's sake, but if he doesn't... well then the people who reelect him for a third time kind of deserve what they're getting.

Just my two cents.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:24 am

I don't understand how so many mayors of US cities seem to be made of teflon. It's the Marion Barry thing - how in the hell did he keep getting re-elected?

Croaker
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Croaker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:44 am

nietoperz wrote:I don't understand how so many mayors of US cities seem to be made of teflon. It's the Marion Barry thing - how in the hell did he keep getting re-elected?

By being the rich and powerful's bitch in private, and publicly pandering to the lowest common denomenator.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:46 am

The mayor of Detroit?

Say it ain't so!

:roll:

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:49 am

nietoperz wrote:I don't understand how so many mayors of US cities seem to be made of teflon. It's the Marion Barry thing - how in the hell did he keep getting re-elected?

Most people who live in these cities are poor and you'd be lucky to find some with a high school diploma. It's pretty easy to sucker them.

There's also other reasons, but I'll keep them to myself. I don't want to be un-P.C.

watch The Wire and look at what Clay Davis does when he gets in trouble.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:56 am

Add to all that, the common voter may not have such a high regard for perjury, and instead look at the act being covered up...in this case, an affair, which recent polls indicate that maybe as many as 1 in 3 people engage in.

Although the allegations of the murdered stripper...my mom was telling me some of this last week, and she had heard that the stripper wasn't killed at the party, but was found dead later in a different location.

Perjury really is considered one of the worst civil infractions one can commit. It undermines the very foundation of our justice system, because without the truth, what can we hope to accomplish. It's why the 5th Amendment allows you to not have to be forced to testify if you think you're going to incriminate yourself. We'd rather have you say "no comment," rather than undermine the system by lying about it.

algertman
cheese

Postby algertman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:12 am

Politicians are corrupt? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:19 am

and thus lies the problem, Bobb. I see perjury all the time. When two people get on the stand and say the polar opposite... somebody is usually lying.

Personally, I could care less what a politician does on his own time. He wants to sleep with goats, that's fine with me. But when he tries to get out of the criminal stuff.... there's where I have my issue!

Also, the dead stripper question is kind of interesting. Reports have shown that she was in the Mansion the night of the wild party and got in a fight with the Mayor's wife. Later she was found shot to death in her car, by the same callibur bullets that Detroit Police Officers use. Of course, how much of this is becoming Urban Legend and how much is true... remains to be seen...

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:06 pm

The bigger thing that would concern me as a citizen is the corruption drip that comes from something like this. Publicer servants tend to take their cues from the top. If the Mayor is this depraved, that's going to trickle down into the police force. It won't corrupt everyone, but I bet you'd find a correlating increase in incidents during his term.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 76 posts

Postby misac » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:08 pm

They were trying to get rid of our mayor last year but he died of a heart attack.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:30 pm

misac wrote:They were trying to get rid of our mayor last year but he died of a heart attack.

Sounds like they got what they wanted in a round about way.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:35 pm

kingbobb wrote:The bigger thing that would concern me as a citizen is the corruption drip that comes from something like this. Publicer servants tend to take their cues from the top. If the Mayor is this depraved, that's going to trickle down into the police force. It won't corrupt everyone, but I bet you'd find a correlating increase in incidents during his term.

Absolutely, Bobb. Just what I'm concerned about as well. It's just sad that there are so many people in the city who can't see the truth when it's right there in front of them. That is one of the most frustrating parts.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum