Advertisement

Being fat damages sperm.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Now see, for me, McDonalds burgers taste the best.

I never like the taste of any others half as much.

I'd take a Big Mac over any other burger I ever had :)

I'm not certain what the health differences are between a McDonalds burger and one you cook at home, actually.

We don't make a lot of beef at home. If we do, it's a small pinwheel steak or something like that. She's replaced everything with turkey :x

and yesterday was the first time I had fast food burgers in forever. I forgot how good...

Advertisement

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:30 pm

nietoperz wrote:I was being understated. Did you know as well, that most food certified Organic in the US is not legally Organic in Europe. It tends not to meet the standards...

Yep, and BGH in the US is still legal and in our milk, despite everyone else on the planet banning it because it causes cancer.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Spiderrob wrote:I'd take a Big Mac over any other burger I ever had :)

You gotta get out more :wink:

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Liked in: 0 post

Postby toolverine » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:43 pm

The fastest food are whole foods. Not the grocery chain, but food that are pretty much good to go. I personally like to eat a lot of vegetable and salad meals throughout the week. Almonds make a great snack on the go, as do walnuts. Another awesome snack is dried fruit from the farmer's market, if you can get it. The stuff at the grocery stole is usually pretty bland and tasteless.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:50 pm

toolverine wrote:The fastest food are whole foods. Not the grocery chain, but food that are pretty much good to go. I personally like to eat a lot of vegetable and salad meals throughout the week. Almonds make a great snack on the go, as do walnuts. Another awesome snack is dried fruit from the farmer's market, if you can get it. The stuff at the grocery stole is usually pretty bland and tasteless.

An apple, banana or an orange is more than enough for a snack.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:54 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:An apple, banana or an orange is more than enough for a snack.

I usually have a couple of whatever fruit if it's larger like that.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:09 pm

toolverine wrote:I usually have a couple of whatever fruit if it's larger like that.

Those are my three favorites, and I usually have at least a bunch of one around the house to snack on. When we were kids, we had several different fruit trees, so a snack was as easy as getting it right off the tree. There isn't much more awesome than that.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Those are my three favorites, and I usually have at least a bunch of one around the house to snack on. When we were kids, we had several different fruit trees, so a snack was as easy as getting it right off the tree. There isn't much more awesome than that.

High in fiber, but, they still have a high amount of sugar in them so you still have to be somewhat careful and not over do it.

I have two diabetics in my family a type II and type III so I've become very conscience about what I eat.

Also food labeling in the U.S. has improved greatly in the last 5 years.

Hab

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:34 pm

habitual wrote:High in fiber, but, they still have a high amount of sugar in them so you still have to be somewhat careful and not over do it.

I have two diabetics in my family a type II and type III so I've become very conscience about what I eat.

Also food labeling in the U.S. has improved greatly in the last 5 years.

Hab

Yes, but natural sugar isn't as bad for you as processed sugar. It can still be bad I guess in high doses, like anything.

The labeling... I don't know. I know the labels tell you a lot more now than they did, but given all the ways they hide chemicals like MSG in other 'ingredients' and they slap NO MSG on the label... that's not any kind of good.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Yes, but natural sugar isn't as bad for you as processed sugar. It can still be bad I guess in high doses, like anything.

The labeling... I don't know. I know the labels tell you a lot more now than they did, but given all the ways they hide chemicals like MSG in other 'ingredients' and they slap NO MSG on the label... that's not any kind of good.

Bad for your teeth, for sure. The all things in moderation rule applies at all. An all fruit diet would be pretty bad.

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:49 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Yep, and BGH in the US is still legal and in our milk, despite everyone else on the planet banning it because it causes cancer.

no solid scientific evidence for that.

There's a lot of scare tactics in science which are as much phony science as creation science.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Spiderrob wrote:no solid scientific evidence for that.

There's a lot of scare tactics in science which are as much phony science as creation science.

There's been enough scientific evidence to have BGH banned in other countries. There's been a huge media blackout on the studies and the cancer link in the US to hide that though.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1173 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:00 pm

It hasn't stopped me. Neither has a past history of serious drug abuse. I produce children like crazy. My sperm are invincible.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 pm

Even if you could make the argument that people don't know how to read ingredients, I sure as hell know most people can count. It's not hard to avoid high caloric content.

Accidentally put that in the wrong thread before.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:09 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Even if you could make the argument that people don't know how to read ingredients, I sure as hell know most people can count. It's not hard to avoid high caloric content.

Accidentally put that in the wrong thread before.

I thought that looked out of place. lol

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum