Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

'Beware the Batman' Still Not Listed on Cartoon Network's Schedule

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Comics Continuum has a blurb today:
Cartoon Network has announced that Adventure Time, Regular Show, Ben 10 Omniverse and Teen Titans Go! will be returning series for the 2014-2015 season.

Beware the Batman was not listed as a returning show.

Other returning shows include The Amazing World of Gumball, Grojband, Johnny Test, Legends of Chima, Mixels Pokemon the Series: XY, Steven Universe, Tenkai Knights and Uncle Grandpa.

For a rundown of new series, including ones featuring Scooby-Doo and Sonic the Hedgehog, CLICK HERE.

SporkBot

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby SporkBot » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:53 pm

I was worried, given the last new episode was titled, "The Finale", that Gumball was cancelled. And I rather recently discovered how much fun the show is.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Also, glad that I my hopes were right and Steven Universe is getting another season, and hopefully many more ahead.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Uncle Grandpa is pretty terrible

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

This show kind of sounds like Phineas and Ferb

Clarence: From creator Skyler Page and premiering Monday, April 14 at 7 p.m., Clarence is a new, original animated series about an optimistic boy who wants to do everything. Because everything is amazing! Clarence was conceived as part of the prolific shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios, which has resulted in six original series for the network: Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe, Clarence, Over the Garden Wall and We Bare Bears.

Evan Meadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 am

And the comic has stopped after #6, though I thought it was switched to a bimonthly schedule. DC may be waiting for when CN (if ever) puts it on the air. Granted if I was DC, I'd be blasting CN for doing this in the first place.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 am

Newsarama is implying cancellation.

SporkBot

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby SporkBot » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:26 am

Evan Meadow wrote:And the comic has stopped after #6, though I thought it was switched to a bimonthly schedule. DC may be waiting for when CN (if ever) puts it on the air. Granted if I was DC, I'd be blasting CN for doing this in the first place.

I've read some scuttlebutt that, not only has DC been royally pissed at Cartoon Network for numerous reasons, but they're being "courted", if you will, by the HUB network. Considering DC and CN are owned by the same parent company (Time Warner), that's...something. But like I said, it's just what I've read, so take it with some amount of salt.

But not too much, you need to watch your sodium intake.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 pm

SporkBot wrote:
I've read some scuttlebutt that, not only has DC been royally pissed at Cartoon Network for numerous reasons, but they're being "courted", if you will, by the HUB network. Considering DC and CN are owned by the same parent company (Time Warner), that's...something. But like I said, it's just what I've read, so take it with some amount of salt.

But not too much, you need to watch your sodium intake.

Yeah I've heard that too, but gotten no overall true confirmation on that. I mean they've shown good faith by giving the Hub The Batman, Batman Beyond, and Superman. I kind of wonder the eventuality if they'll give them Young Justice, Green Lantern: TAS, JL, and JLU?

SporkBot

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby SporkBot » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Zechs wrote:I kind of wonder the eventuality if they'll give them Young Justice, Green Lantern: TAS, JL, and JLU?

Dare I dream that Young Justice Season 3 is possible...only on the HUB?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:47 pm

SporkBot wrote:
Dare I dream that Young Justice Season 3 is possible...only on the HUB?

Nah. Though there might be a sequel video game if the YJ video game did well.

SporkBot

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby SporkBot » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Zechs wrote:Nah. Though there might be a sequel video game if the YJ video game did well.

I still haven't played my copy, but I've read reviews that said the story was solid, but gameplay was not the best. Several have given it anywhere between an overall 4 to 6 out of 10.

leave a comment with facebook