Friday, June 22, 2018 • Evening Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Black Lightning Season One

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Gray wrote:Yes. He's a tailor just like in the comics and he also designed Black Lightning's suit just like in the show.

However, in the comics he's a former hit man for the mob and killed a lot of people including BL's father. He's helping BL fight crime as an act of redemption. Of course, Jefferson doesn't find this out until later.

That could be cool to see on the show.

Gray

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Gray » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:10 pm

HNutz wrote:
That could be cool to see on the show.

Next week's description says something about Jefferson looking into his father's death and you saw how good Gambi was with a gun last night so I wouldn't be surprised if it were wrapped up this season especially considering it was done in about 7 issues in the comics.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Gray wrote:Next week's description says something about Jefferson looking into his father's death and you saw how good Gambi was with a gun last night so I wouldn't be surprised if it were wrapped up this season especially considering it was done in about 7 issues in the comics.

Seventh Episode Twist?

Gray

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Gray » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Harold?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:11 pm

So, apparently the Alfred dude knows Tobias Whale and has some shady... connections.

Gray wrote:Harold?

Herald?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Also, apparently Tobias Whale stopped aging? and had a rough childhood.

But maybe he's turning things around, as he hugged his abusive old man. Oh, wait, nevermind,
he broke his back instead.

Pierce gave the cop a burner phone. Called it the "Black signal"

The one sister got in a fight with 2 girls and broke one's arm.

"Alfred" basically took the keys out of the ignition of the suit to keep Jefferson from going after some dude. Jeff threatened to "Black Lightning his ass". :shock:

Super strong daughter is tracking down some old condpiracy. Made herself a costume VERY reminiscent of the classic BL look (and her look).

Pierce is having headaches and fainting spells. Power fluctuations. Couldn't take in the guy he went after (that Alfred tried to keep him from going after).

Oops.

Next episode is February 27.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 pm

HNutz wrote:Next episode is February 27.

Cw. :smt011 I guess it really is hard to figure out how to ruin things.

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 pm

On the one hand I'm glad he isn't some super trained fighter but his mannerisms and technique when fighting or doing the lightning just look off & robotic.

I'm more interested in the daughters sub-plots than Jefferson's main story, although I'm liking Tobias

By the way was that.....Huggy Bear!!!!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:

Not for CW it isn't

Gray

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Gray » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 pm

HNutz wrote:

Herald?

Yeah. What I meant.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 pm

chap22 wrote:
Not for CW it isn't

They sure take a hell of a lot of time off the air to get it done. :P

Either way this better not be a dame writer shuffle, I'm really comfortable with 3/4 of what goes on here.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:47 pm

They sure take a hell of a lot of time off the air to get it done. :P

Either way this better not be a dame writer shuffle, I'm really comfortable with 3/4 of what goes on here.

I'd go as far as to say 4/5 right now. Basically everything but Supergirl is at least tolerable.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:52 am

Step One: Create a cool premise (Vandal Savage, the Trial of Barry Allen, Savitar, etc)
Step Two: Put minimal thought into resolving it.
Step Three: Fans are disappointed but willing to keep watching, hoping it will get better.
Step Four: Repeat

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 am

HNutz wrote:
Step One: Create a cool premise (Vandal Savage, the Trial of Barry Allen, Savitar, etc)
Step Two: Put minimal thought into resolving it.
Step Three: Fans are disappointed but willing to keep watching, hoping it will get better.
Step Four: Repeat

The problem with that is that eventually, even fans catch on. For example, I've drifted away from Arrow, and Flash is in the process of losing me, while SG doesn't have too far to go to get to where Flash is in my book. Only Legends is safe, while BL is iffy.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:03 am

All you guys do day after day is bitch about The CW and it's shows and now you are bitching because you won't be able to watch these shows for a couple weeks. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook