Advertisement

Bob Dylan?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 74681
Likes: 24 posts
Liked in: 23 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Aaron_W wrote:Blood on the tracks is a strong album for the most part but I agree. He writes come great words and some of his music is good for folksy stuff, but on average his style of music isn't for me.


It's not that his songs would be bad on their own, but combined with the fact that people treat him like the second coming of Walt Whitman or something, it makes me hate him. Also, I can't stand his incomprehensibly warbling beatnik style of singing. It makes me want to kick someone in the balls.
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26392
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Keb wrote:Did you see the I'm Not There movie?

Is that the one with the different actors playing him?
No I haven't, but I want to... I've been bad about movies for the past year.

Eli Katz
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 10808
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012


Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:27 pm

Aaron_W wrote:Blood on the tracks is a strong album for the most part but I agree. He writes come great words and some of his music is good for folksy stuff, but on average his style of music isn't for me.


His last three albums are three of the best I've ever heard:

Time Out of Mind (1997)
Love and Theft (2001)
Modern Times (2006)

They ain't folsky, either. They are very blues based and raw -- much different than his early work.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26392
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:29 pm

Eli Katz wrote:His last three albums are three of the best I've ever heard:

Time Out of Mind (1997)
Love and Theft (2001)
Modern Times (2006)

They ain't folsky, either. They are very blues based and raw -- much different than his early work.

I agree, he changes style all the time though... However, I don't see those three albums winning over the people who don't like his voice.

His voice was the only deterant for me until I went to that show.

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39100
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 pm

thefourthman wrote:Is that the one with the different actors playing him?
No I haven't, but I want to... I've been bad about movies for the past year.
Yeah, it was really good. I liked it a lot.

rdrsfn82
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 32360
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 am
Location: Reno, NV


Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 pm

That's awesome. I'd love to see him live.
Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15332
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Aaron_W wrote:Everyone I know who has seen Bob a couple times says he is either awesome or totally horrible.


The first time I saw dylan he was awful, it was right after he almost died from heart fungus. I've seen him three times since and he was amazing. The last time I saw him he did a bunch of covers including BROWN SUGAR!!!
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39100
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:39 pm

He tours a lot, doesn't he?

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15332
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Keb wrote:He tours a lot, doesn't he?


He does. Which is nice since there was a time he wouldn't tour at all.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39100
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:42 pm

That's cool, as long as he doesn't burn out.

This is the first stadium show I'll be going to. I avoid them, but I can make an exception for Bob.

Wisdom000
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6508
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:51 am
Location: Arkansas


Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:28 pm

He's no Paul Simon, but he runs a close second.......

and I would kill Keb, in front of his own momma to see him play "It Ain't Me Babe" live.....

Still hate the fact that I missed seeing Paul and Bob together when they played St. Louis a few years ago...
Image
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15332
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:51 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:He's no Paul Simon, but he runs a close second.......

and I would kill Keb, in front of his own momma to see him play "It Ain't Me Babe" live.....

Still hate the fact that I missed seeing Paul and Bob together when they played St. Louis a few years ago...


I saw the closing night of that tour. It was awesome...want to touch me?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Wisdom000
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6508
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:51 am
Location: Arkansas


Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:40 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I saw the closing night of that tour. It was awesome...want to touch me?


Yes......... Yes I do..... :oops:
Image
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

Croaker
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3709
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:36 am
Location: Right behind you.


Postby Croaker » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Enjoy it Keb! I've seen him 3 times, I think. He's been pretty good everytime I've seen him, but one time was noticeably better than the others. Next time you're down here, you can rip a bunch of my CDs of him.
Image

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39100
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Croaker wrote:Enjoy it Keb! I've seen him 3 times, I think. He's been pretty good everytime I've seen him, but one time was noticeably better than the others. Next time you're down here, you can rip a bunch of my CDs of him.
Don't make me miss Texas.

I bought a copy of remastered Blond on Blond today for $10 yay!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alaska1125, chap22, Google [Bot], HNutz and 48 guests

Advertisement