Friday, June 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Good enough for government work!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Bob Dylan?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:11 pm

My mom woke me up this morning by saying "come here and see the seats I got for Bob Dylan."

So I woke up, and she went to pay for them, and the ticketmaster site timed out, so she tried again and got better seats and we're going to see Bob next month!
User avatar

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:12 pm

That's awesome, Keb!
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Keb wrote:My mom woke me up this morning by saying "come here and see the seats I got for Bob Dylan."

So I woke up, and she went to pay for them, and the ticketmaster site timed out, so she tried again and got better seats and we're going to see Bob next month!

awesome, where? I saw Dylan about, jeez, 16 years ago in Spartanburg Tennessee in a high scholl Auditorium.... show is tied with the David Bowie/Nine Inch Nails show I saw about four years later for best show ever.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:14 pm

In a high school auditorium? that's awesome.

The show I'm going to is at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, ON. Hamilton = yucky, but it's Bob Dylan!
User avatar

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Everyone I know who has seen Bob a couple times says he is either awesome or totally horrible.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:18 pm

My friend from school has gone a couple times and he loves Dylan so he might be biased, but I kind of hope I'll see him there.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:22 pm

thefourthman wrote:awesome, where? I saw Dylan about, jeez, 16 years ago in Spartanburg Tennessee in a high scholl Auditorium.... show is tied with the David Bowie/Nine Inch Nails show I saw about four years later for best show ever.


Spartanburg? That's just fucking weird.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Keb wrote:My friend from school has gone a couple times and he loves Dylan so he might be biased, but I kind of hope I'll see him there.

I was not a Dylan fan before I saw him. I went because, well it was a chance to see a living legend. I bought Free Wheelin' the week before the show so that I might know a song or two. This did nothing to prepare me for truly one of the best shows I have ever seen.

I have heard differing stories about shows though. He played Appalachian State University about a year before I got there and everyone who I talked to who had gone to that show said he was obviously drunk and incoherent.

At Spartenburg, he was coherent, his voice was crystal clear and the band he had backing him played with an energy that I have never experienced before or since.... I have been buying every thing I could when I have the money since then hoping to one day hear a Tangled up In Blue that is even remotely close to the version I heard that night.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:36 pm

I only have a couple albums. I really like Blond on Blond.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Keb wrote:I only have a couple albums. I really like Blond on Blond.

still my favorite album of his to this day...
he was like a gate way drug, he introduced me to Joan Baez and The Band...
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Awesome Keb! I'm pretty jealous but have a good time. :D
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

thefourthman wrote:still my favorite album of his to this day...
he was like a gate way drug, he introduced me to Joan Baez and The Band...
Did you see the I'm Not There movie?
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

I think Bob Dylan is terrible.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

DeadFett wrote:Awesome Keb! I'm pretty jealous but have a good time. :D
Thanks :)
User avatar

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I think Bob Dylan is terrible.


Blood on the tracks is a strong album for the most part but I agree. He writes come great words and some of his music is good for folksy stuff, but on average his style of music isn't for me.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, Fysh, GiveWarAChance, Glaeken, Herald, Liam Moorhart, McMonkey Nut, MikeinLA, Pizza Dog, The_Phenomenal_Sage and 77 guests

cron