Advertisement

Breaking Bad: The Final 8 Episodes

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 328 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: Breaking Bad: The Final 8 Episodes

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:11 pm

pastajoe wrote:I think Hank and Jessie are taken as hostages to force Walt to cook. The other agent gets the star trek red shirt treatment.

The more interesting theory is Jesse is taken hostage by the nazi's to cook, the problem with that is Jesse doesn't care he'll just get die and who gives a shit. But if the Nazi's keep jesse than walt comes to rescue him. Or The Nazi's keep Hank and Walt kills Jesse. But comes to rescue hank. I now think Walt gives himself or Lydia the ricin.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:52 pm

I think Hank and Gomie get killed. The actor who plays Hank will be on Talking Bad next week. Hasn't been as good of an indicator with Breaking Bad, but that was usually never a good sign with Talking Dead for The Walking Dead.

Then the final two episodes become Walt having to go on the run, because it all goes to shit with Hank dead, and then in the flash forward for the finale it'll be Todd's Nazi Family vs. Walt and his M60.

Ricin is for Walt, because if you're arming yourself with an M60, I don't think there's anyone else out there you would need to sneakily kill with ricin. That doesn't make sense.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 865 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:33 pm

I don't know that I would say that it was the best episode to date but "To'hajiilee" is definitely within my Top 5 episodes of Breaking Bad to date. Even though events become slightly predictable in the last act of this episode, it was just one intense moment after another that left you breathless. Easily one of the best hours in television history.

If I had to take a guess, I would say that Todd and Gomez will be killed during this standoff next week. Hank will probably be injured (or killed), Jesse will hopefully escape, and Walt will be taken by Todd's crazy uncle to replace Todd as their cook. As motivation, Lydia will insist that Todd's uncle abducts Walt's family to use them as leverage to get Walt to cooperate. Walt will use his chemistry knowledge to figure out some way to escape, probably blowing shit up and harming (possibly killing) Skyler and/or Walt Jr. in the process, and then flee to New Hampshire using Saul's guy to create a new identity. At the end of "Granite State" we will discover that Todd's uncle still has Walt's daughter, which will set up the series finale. Walt returns to Albuquerque to get his daughter, tie up all loose ends (including killing Todd's uncle and Lydia), and then takes his daughter to Marie as he dies on their doorstep having ingested the ricin. Or, you know, some variation of that. :smt102
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Ricin poisoning isn't instantaneous and is very painful, if Walt just wanted to kill himself with his knowledge of chemistry and science he could easily find a better, cleaner method.

Also, no way does Todd die in the shootout. The creepy scene where he touched her lipstick on the cup almost has to be followed up on.

Hank, it was pretty clearly foreshadowed he's a goner, I think. Saying goodbye to his wife on the phone and saying he wouldn't be home for a good long while yet to her..
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Chris wrote:Image

:smt026

Victorian Squid wrote:Ricin poisoning isn't instantaneous and is very painful, if Walt just wanted to kill himself with his knowledge of chemistry and science he could easily find a better, cleaner method.

Like I said, I was just taking a guess. Walt might use the ricin against somebody else but I think it really depends on what happens between now and then. If there is literally nothing left for Walt to live for and he realizes that it is all because of the things that he has done, he may choose to go out on his own terms by using the ricin. I really hope he uses it on Lydia though.

Also, no way does Todd die in the shootout.

At this point, everybody but Walt is on the chopping block. Todd is no exception. If Todd is dead, that leaves his uncle with no other options but to force Walt to cook for him, especially since he went to the desert to kill Jesse for him. It won't matter the circumstances behind what happened, in the crazy mind of a guy like Todd's uncle, Walt owes him now.

Hank, it was pretty clearly foreshadowed he's a goner, I think. Saying goodbye to his wife on the phone and saying he wouldn't be home for a good long while yet to her..

I think it's possible that Hank will be gravely injured and if Jesse escapes, he could take Hank with him. Hank could then end up in a coma, leaving the possibility of his recovery up to the imagination of the viewer at the end of the series.
Last edited by Grayson on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Grayson wrote:
:smt026

Like I said, I was just taking a guess. Walt might use the ricin against somebody else but I think it really depends on what happens between now and then. If there is literally nothing left for Walt to live for and he realizes that it is all because of the things that he has done, he may choose to go out on his own terms by using the ricin. I really hope he uses it on Lydia though.

At this point, everybody but Walt is on the chopping block. Todd is no exception. If Todd is dead, that leaves his uncle with no other options but to force Walt to cook for him, especially since he went to the desert to kill Jesse for him. It won't matter the circumstances behind what happened, in the crazy mind of a guy like Todd's uncle, Walt owes him now.

See my edit as to why I think Todd doesn't die in the shootout.

When BB is over, I doubt there'll be much "left to the imagination". It's not that kind of show.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:See my edit as to why I think Todd doesn't die in the shootout.

Maybe but neither of the characters involved are really essential at this point. For all we know, the creepy Todd fondling the mug scene could have just been done to reinforce the fact that Todd is a creepy fuck. Aside from Walt, there is really no cast member on that show who I would put money on surviving at this point. I think it's pretty clear that anything goes in the final 3 episodes.

Also, I added something to my previous post about Hank's chances of survival.
ImageImageImage

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 pm

I think Hank dies in the shoot-out, as well. I maintained after the first half of this season it has to come down to Walt and Jesse.

Stalzer2002
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 27 posts

Postby Stalzer2002 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Well, since we're throwing out theories.

Todd, Hank and Gomez (Poor Gomey...) are killed in the shootout. Jesse manages to escape. The Neo-Nazis force Walt to cook for them, but he pulls off some chemistry trick in order to escape. The entire family, including Marie, flees to New Hampshire together. When Walt sees that the blue is back on the street, he figures out that Neo-Nazis found Jesse and are forcing him to work for them. Feeling guilty, he's determined to save him, so he returns to New Mexico as seen in the flash forwards, using the Ricin on Lydia and the M60 on the Neo-Nazis. He returns to his family, thinking that he's beaten all of his enemies. He's wrong. There's one person left who probably hates him more than anyone: Marie. Twice now she's said she wanted Walt dead. Hank's death will drive her to go from talking about killing him to actually doing it. She poisons him, which is the perfect death for Walt: killed by chemistry.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 328 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:12 pm

the only reason Walt uses the Ricin on himself is he knows he deserves to suffer for what he's done.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm

I told you guys Todd didn't die (yet) and Hank did. It's bizarre to me that the two things so heavily foreshadowed in the script weren't obvious to most of you as well. I thought the writers really overdid the foreshadowing with Hank's goodbye to Marie on the phone last week.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I told you guys Todd didn't die (yet) and Hank did. It's bizarre to me that the two things so heavily foreshadowed in the script weren't obvious to most of you guys as well. I thought the writers really overdid the foreshadowing with Hank's goodbye to Marie on the phone last week.

Agreed. There was no scenario where Hank and Gomie made it out of this alive.

Still sucked to see it happen, though. Goddamn. :(

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Oh snap! You knew Hank was gonna get it because of the aforementioned heavy-handed foreshadowing last week, but still. And then that heel promo re: Jane Walter cut on Jesse. Brutal! I'm loving it. I knew it had to come down to Jesse and Walt in the end.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Chris wrote:
Agreed. There was no scenario where Hank and Gomie made it out of this alive.

Still sucked to see it happen, though. Goddamn. :(

Yup. :|

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum