Friday, July 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Something about hobo piss."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Canadian, British, Swedish, Australian Posters...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:How does the government function if they get no money? Or are we doing away with government completely?

Now you are catching on Thunderstorm.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:53 pm

You're falling behind Spek.

Thunderstorm wrote:Spectre, you might be the best PsyOps agent ever. Your anti-government, anti-tax ideas have managed to make me more pro-governemnt and pro-taxation than any other arguements I've ever heard.

Hab

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Spektre wrote:

Assuming we are doing this in the US, in the modern world, starting tomorrow, and everyone has planned for this and it's all ready to go. There is no more United States. No more States. No more city government either, right? No more taxes, no more social services, no more regulations, no more laws, no more rights.

Who handles 9-11? Do we have a volunteer fire department go in and deal with this? Where do they get money for equipment and resources? Who maintains the fire hydrants? Who deals with the international aspects of this? Is it all Corporate? Because if it is, you're replaced the Goverment with big business.

What about Katrina? If this is a corporate controlled disaster, is it cost-effective to house low-income people who may not even be working? Is there a profit incentive to rebuild low-income neighborhoods? Is there any incentive at all to preserve the history or culture?

I really do want to know how these things would work.

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
Assuming we are doing this in the US, in the modern world, starting tomorrow, and everyone has planned for this and it's all ready to go. There is no more United States. No more States. No more city government either, right? No more taxes, no more social services, no more regulations, no more laws, no more rights.

Who handles 9-11? Do we have a volunteer fire department go in and deal with this? Where do they get money for equipment and resources? Who maintains the fire hydrants? Who deals with the international aspects of this? Is it all Corporate? Because if it is, you're replaced the Goverment with big business.

What about Katrina? If this is a corporate controlled disaster, is it cost-effective to house low-income people who may not even be working? Is there a profit incentive to rebuild low-income neighborhoods? Is there any incentive at all to preserve the history or culture?

Interesting. So you believe rights flow from government?

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:I didn't say anything about morality, just absolutes.

Say you live under a dictator that is killing your people. If you rise up against him, you are either a criminal or a revolutionary.

Sounds like you are talking about morality to me. :smt102 :smt102

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Spektre wrote:

So you are an anarchist.

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Spektre wrote:
Say you live under a dictator that is killing your people. If you rise up against him, you are either a criminal or a revolutionary.

Sounds like you are talking about morality to me. :smt102 :smt102

The example was one of many I could have used about the broader argument.

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:39 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
So you are an anarchist.

A minarchist. We have been through this.

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:40 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
The example was one of many I could have used about the broader argument.

Yes, but THIS is the one you used.

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Spektre wrote:
A minarchist. We have been through this.

You were a minarchist before you essentially abolished government in your last post.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:

More importantly who's going to invite the jihadist over once we disband the Armed Forces?

Hab

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Spektre wrote:
Yes, but THIS is the one you used.

So what? If I had used a basketball example would we be talking about the Nuggets chances for the 8th seed?

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:47 pm

habitual wrote:
More importantly who's going to invite the jihadist over once we disband the Armed Forces?

Hab

Spektre believes that government's only role is protection so he'd keep the army. How he'd pay for it is the real question.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Spektre wrote:
Interesting. So you believe rights flow from government?

Some external entity would need to enforce your rights. What would stop a mega corporation from taking your land with an army of mercenaries?

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:52 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Spektre believes that government's only role is protection so he'd keep the army. How he'd pay for it is the real question.

Whom would control it I imagine would be another.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook