Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

A&E cancels Longmire

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rob Thompson

FROGMAN

Postby Rob Thompson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:41 pm

In one of the truly dumber moves I have seen by TV execs, A&E cancelled Longmire. What a bunch of dumb asses.

Rob Thompson

FROGMAN

Postby Rob Thompson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:43 pm

It's a madhouse!!!! A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Never heard of this show. What's it about ?

Rob Thompson

FROGMAN

Postby Rob Thompson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:49 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Never heard of this show. What's it about ?

A Wyoming sherif...and it was fantastic! Popular, too. Got some of the highest ratings in cable TV history.

Rob Thompson

FROGMAN

Postby Rob Thompson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 pm

This is straight up bullshit!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:05 pm

I feel your pain, Rob. I was livid when they cancelled Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:13 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I feel your pain, Rob. I was livid when they cancelled Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23.

Right ? I fucking loved that show ! I still have some of the episodes saved on my DVR. 8)

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:14 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Right ? I fucking loved that show ! I still have some of the episodes saved on my DVR. 8)

I was depressed for weeks. It was so funny!

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Rob Thompson wrote:A Wyoming sherif...and it was fantastic! Popular, too. Got some of the highest ratings in cable TV history.

3.5 million viewers is some of the highest in cable TV history?

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:25 pm

There has been a drive at A+E Networks (as well as other cable network groups) to own a large portion of their scripted programming, which was also the impetus behind the launch of A+E Studios. Both Longmire and The Glades came from outside suppliers, Warner Horizon and Fox TV Studios, respectively.

After a foray into scripted programming, the network appears to be scaling back, refocusing on its bread-and-butter unscripted fare. Besides Psycho prequel Bates Motel, the network only has the upcoming 10-episode remake of The Returned on the scripted side following the cancellations of Longmire and Glades and the demise of Those Who Kill. A&E’s head of scripted programming, Tana Nugent Jamieson, just moved to A+E Studios as SVP. The network has one scripted executive left, VP Drama Development Gabriel Marano.

http://deadline.com/2014/08/longmire-cancelled-by-ae-will-be-shopped-elsewhere-826379/

It sounds like this was one of the cases where the ratings of the program didn't match the profit margin.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:33 pm

I see it's on Netflix, and stars Starbuck and Sam Merlot. Lance Storm seems to be a fan. Worth watching?

Rob Thompson

FROGMAN

Postby Rob Thompson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:08 am

holtom2000 wrote:I see it's on Netflix, and stars Starbuck and Sam Merlot. Lance Storm seems to be a fan. Worth watching?

Very much worth watching!

Rob Thompson

FROGMAN

Postby Rob Thompson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I feel your pain, Rob. I was livid when they cancelled Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23.

Canceling Longmire is just a ridiculous move for them. Had nothing to do with the success or standing of the show. They did very much the same thing with The Glades, though, so I do not know why I am surprised.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:31 am

Rob Thompson wrote:Canceling Longmire is just a ridiculous move for them. Had nothing to do with the success or standing of the show. They did very much the same thing with The Glades, though, so I do not know why I am surprised.

As my post stated, it's a show that's produced out-of-house, so it ends up being less profitably for them. Happens all the time.

pastajoe

Fagorstorm

Postby pastajoe » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:41 am

Perhaps another network will pick it up. But there was some closure regarding the whole backstory of what happened to his wife.

leave a comment with facebook