Advertisement

Carlos Beltran

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Carrie

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Carrie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:16 am

I had to put this in a separate category, because the category is specifically "The Week In Baseball"

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:28 am

There should be one of these for Grady Sizemore. 8)

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 0 post

Postby D » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:31 am

C20Percent wrote:Haha, an in-depth look at Carlos Beltran. :lol:
That's what I thought. One of the greats? IMO he's not even the best player on his team, maybe when he was with the Royals, and he's definitely not HoF
Dragon

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:32 am

Chris wrote:There should be one of these for Grady Sizemore. 8)

If Keith was an Indians fan, there probably would be. Apparently we don't think it's necessary to write about the playoffs when our teams aren't involved in them. :-)

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:33 am

Carrie wrote:If Keith was an Indians fan, there probably would be. Apparently we don't think it's necessary to write about the playoffs when our teams aren't involved in them. :-)

I'm almost done with mine. I'm doing an awards column.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:36 am

MoneyMelon wrote:I'm almost done with mine. I'm doing an awards column.

You better give Pedroia something good! :P

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:39 am

D wrote:That's what I thought. One of the greats? IMO he's not even the best player on his team, maybe when he was with the Royals, and he's definitely not HoF

For all the talk about Delgado being an MVP candidate, I thought that Beltran was clearly outproducing him and getting overlooked

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:40 am

Carrie wrote:If Keith was an Indians fan, there probably would be. Apparently we don't think it's necessary to write about the playoffs when our teams aren't involved in them. :-)

You can read about the playoffs anywhere. Not to mention how boring the first round was, at least in the NL. If the LCS is interesting the first few games, then thats what next weeks article will be about.

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:41 am

jza1218 wrote:For all the talk about Delgado being an MVP candidate, I thought that Beltran was clearly outproducing him and getting overlooked

Me too. Higher OBP, more extra base hits, higher batting average, and a better defender.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 am

statnut wrote:You can read about the playoffs anywhere. Not to mention how boring the first round was, at least in the NL. If the LCS is interesting the first few games, then thats what next weeks article will be about.

You should do a column on the In-Field Fly Rule.

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 am

statnut wrote:You can read about the playoffs anywhere. Not to mention how boring the first round was, at least in the NL. If the LCS is interesting the first few games, then thats what next weeks article will be about.
You used to be the most impartial MLB article writer :(
Dragon

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:43 am

D wrote:You used to be the most impartial MLB article writer :(

I was!

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 am

jza1218 wrote:I was!

You should do a column on Maple Bats vs. Ash Bats -- there haven't been enough of those.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 am

Agreed.

There isn't really much to talk about so far.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:45 am

C20Percent wrote:You should do a column on Maple Bats vs. Ash Bats -- there haven't been enough of those.

I think that we should bring aluminum to the MLB. Then we wouldnt have to worry about all the steroid talk or bats breaking

Not to mention it's probably more eco-friendly to be able to reuse one metal bat instead of having bats break multiple times over the course of a game
Last edited by jza1218 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum