Advertisement

Carlos Beltran

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby C20Percent » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:46 am

MoneyMelon wrote:Agreed.

There isn't really much to talk about so far.

The city of Chicago says you're wrong.

Advertisement

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:46 am

D wrote:You used to be the most impartial MLB article writer :(

So I write one article about a Met, and I no longer am? Seriously, thats ridiculous. I guess I should just avoid talking about the Mets altogether.

Point of information, the article was inspired by a Sporting News article on him, and how he's underappreciated.

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 am

jza1218 wrote:I was!
You and stat are definitely the two broadest baseball guys in the thread. You're obviously Mets fans, but you know and talk a lot about other teams. There's nothing wrong with having a favorite and showing it, but I can't help but lose interest when it's the same thing over and over and over again. Like statnut was saying, you can find articles about you know who anywhere.
Dragon

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 am

C20Percent wrote:You should do a column on Maple Bats vs. Ash Bats -- there haven't been enough of those.

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:50 am

Notice that this thread has more replies than all the previous NL week in reviews combined. Mission accomplished :-D

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:52 am

statnut wrote:So I write one article about a Met, and I no longer am? Seriously, thats ridiculous. I guess I should just avoid talking about the Mets altogether.

Point of information, the article was inspired by a Sporting News article on him, and how he's underappreciated.
I was just giving you a hard time, as you can see from my above post I think you and jza are the best baseball guys. I just thought it was kind of funny that this is the moment we've been building to all season and you completely ignore it. If it was Mets/Dodgers or Mets/Phils for the NLCS wouldn't you write about it?
Dragon

Carrie

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Carrie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:52 am

statnut wrote:You can read about the playoffs anywhere. Not to mention how boring the first round was, at least in the NL. If the LCS is interesting the first few games, then thats what next weeks article will be about.

You can read about the whole season anywhere. I'm sure the Dodgers and Phillies fans didn't think it was that boring. I don't mind posting op/ed pieces, and would actually like to do more of them, but the point of the "Week in..." articles was to cover what actually happened in baseball for the week.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:54 am

D wrote:I was just giving you a hard time, as you can see from my above post I think you and jza are the best baseball guys. I just thought it was kind of funny that this is the moment we've been building to all season and you completely ignore it. If it was Mets/Dodgers or Mets/Phils for the NLCS wouldn't you write about it?

Honestly, Im not a fan of the week in review format. When I covered for stat for a few weeks, I just tried to come up with my own topics and talking points.

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:54 am

D wrote:I was just giving you a hard time, as you can see from my above post I think you and jza are the best baseball guys. I just thought it was kind of funny that this is the moment we've been building to all season and you completely ignore it. If it was Mets/Dodgers or Mets/Phils for the NLCS wouldn't you write about it?

I still would have gone with this article. I enjoyed writing this.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:55 am

statnut wrote:So I write one article about a Met, and I no longer am? Seriously, thats ridiculous. I guess I should just avoid talking about the Mets altogether.

Write what you think is interesting.

People will bitch no matter what

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Deux

Postby Deux » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:58 am

But he is right. No one would've said anything.

It's part of the reason why I scaled back my involvement with the thread this year. If it wasn't about a NY or Boston team, no one would've cared. The conversation would've fizzled. The only reason that Matt Holliday remained a hot topic last year was because David Wright was contending for the MVP as well.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:01 am

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:But he is right. No one would've said anything.

It's part of the reason why I scaled back my involvement with the thread this year. If it wasn't about a NY or Boston team, no one would've cared. The conversation would've fizzled. The only reason that Matt Holliday remained a hot topic last year was because David Wright was contending for the MVP as well.

Yeah, people who root for the Mets, Yankees or Red Sox shouldn't be allowed to talk about their team :roll:

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Deux

Postby Deux » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:02 am

MoneyMelon wrote:Yeah, people who root for the Mets, Yankees or Red Sox shouldn't be allowed to talk about their team :roll:

Did I say that?

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:03 am

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:Did I say that?

No, you just bitch about it constantly :lol:

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:04 am

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:Did I say that?
That's why I hate bringing this up because people get offended when you say you don't like their team as much as they do. I didn't bitch over and over again in the MLB Thread(although I did edit the Wiki) I just said bummer and stopped posting.
Dragon

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum