Advertisement

Carlos Beltran

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 4212
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:24 am


Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:05 am

Kids, Kids lets not fight. To appease everyone, I'm writing an NLCS preview as we speak.

Advertisement

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 4212
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:24 am


Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 am

D wrote:That's why I hate bringing this up because people get offended when you say you don't like their team as much as they do. I didn't bitch over and over again in the MLB Thread(although I did edit the Wiki) I just said bummer and stopped posting.


I'd love to talk about other teams. But it seems that no one really brings anything else up, besides Deux man crush on Gabe Gross.

Deux
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby Deux » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:08 am

MoneyMelon wrote:No, you just bitch about it constantly :lol:


It does get old. If anyone brings up any, like free agent, or trade, its all "Here's what the Yankees/Mets/Red Sox should do!" Or, if any player comes on the market from a smaller market team, or their contract is about to expire, about 4 pages ensue on how he'll fit into the Yankee lineup.
Last edited by Deux on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deux
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby Deux » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:10 am

statnut wrote:I'd love to talk about other teams. But it seems that no one really brings anything else up, besides Deux man crush on Gabe Gross.


Last year I wrote a huge piece on the Texas Rangers' young pitchers (and my Edison Volquez writeup looks semi-poignant now) and it got crickets. That's just a for instance.

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 4212
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:24 am


Postby statnut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:11 am

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:Last year I wrote a huge piece on the Texas Rangers' young pitchers (and my Edison Volquez writeup looks semi-poignant now) and it got crickets. That's just a for instance.


Where? I dont remember that? Was it here or at newsarama?

AaronW
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25024
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm


Postby AaronW » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:11 am

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:But he is right. No one would've said anything.

It's part of the reason why I scaled back my involvement with the thread this year. If it wasn't about a NY or Boston team, no one would've cared. The conversation would've fizzled. The only reason that Matt Holliday remained a hot topic last year was because David Wright was contending for the MVP as well.


Tis true. And its not like the NY assholes say "Fuck your non NY sports talk" its that the posts are just ignored for the most part since there are 13 different Yankees/Mets/Red Sox discussions going on. Its not a big deal or anything just the nature of having die hard baseball fans from a particular region be the main baseball talkers here.


But as for Beltan, my favorite moment from him is him being frozen like a statue as Wainwright struck his punk ass out to clinch the NL pennant in 06. He's a loser in my book, one big series against us in 04, which he still lost btw, other than that he's small change.

Carrie
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby Carrie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:11 am

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:It does get old. If anyone brings up any, like free agent, or trade, its all "Here's what the Yankees/Mets/Red Sox should do!" Or, if any player comes on the market from a smaller market team, or their contract is about to expire, about 4 pages ensure on how he'll fit into the Yankee lineup.


I think that's more because the majority of the most vocal fans here are Yankees/Mets/Red Sox fans (although that Red Sox one is new to me,. I thought it was just me and Eypcrew2), and people like to talk about their team and in terms of how things will effect their team. Given that, it's natural that the conversation will turn that way.

Deux
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby Deux » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:13 am

statnut wrote:Where? I dont remember that? Was it here or at Newsarama?


Rama.

Deux
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby Deux » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:14 am

Carrie wrote:I think that's more because the majority of the most vocal fans here are Yankees/Mets/Red Sox fans (although that Red Sox one is new to me,. I thought it was just me and Eypcrew2), and people like to talk about their team and in terms of how things will effect their team. Given that, it's natural that the conversation will turn that way.


I didn't say it wasn't unnatural, just annoying.

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41432
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 87 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:15 am

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:It does get old. If anyone brings up any, like free agent, or trade, its all "Here's what the Yankees/Mets/Red Sox should do!" Or, if any player comes on the market from a smaller market team, or their contract is about to expire, about 4 pages ensue on how he'll fit into the Yankee lineup.


To be fair, I chime in with a post about how the Indians should get him, which gets lost amongst the shuffle. But damnit, my Indians are in there too!
Image

Carrie
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby Carrie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:15 am

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:I didn't say it wasn't unnatural, just annoying.


I hate to say it, because I actually like it, but I think having a catch-all thread is part of the problem. 30 teams playing 162 games a year each and that's a lot of info to get lost in the shuffle.

AaronW
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25024
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm


Postby AaronW » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

Chris wrote:To be fair, I chime in with a post about how the Indians should get him, which gets lost amongst the shuffle. But damnit, my Indians are in there too!


I never seem to notice your posts.


Wait were you talking about again?

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41432
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 87 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

Aaron_W wrote:I never seem to notice your posts.


Wait were you talking about again?


:(
Image

Carrie
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby Carrie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 am

Chris wrote::(


Don't worry. You'll get used to it.

You're new here, right? I've never really noticed you posting before. Welcome to the Outhouse.

Deux
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby Deux » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:20 am

Carrie wrote:I hate to say it, because I actually like it, but I think having a catch-all thread is part of the problem. 30 teams playing 162 games a year each and that's a lot of info to get lost in the shuffle.


I mean, the board is a microcosm of the baseball world, I get it. It's just that people tend to pay attention to their market, their market alone, and its kind of useless to engage them otherwise, if you're someone that follows baseball on the whole.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 344 guests

Advertisement