*Membership spots not really limited!
*Membership spots not really limited!
DreamWorks Animation has decided not to distribute its own films after its longtime deal with Paramount Pictures expires this fall, and it may strike a new pact with Sony Pictures, according to people close to the negotiations not authorized to speak publicly.
CULVER CITY, Calif., August 20, 2012 – The forecast is sunny side up for Sony Pictures Animation as the studio has reassembled the all-star, comedy voice cast of the animated hit Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs for Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers, set for release in 3D on February 7, 2014. The first Cloudy film took in $243 million worldwide. The sequel is directed by Cody Cameron (whose story artist credits include Shrek, Madagascar, Surf’s Up and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) & Kris Pearn (head of story on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and story supervisor on Arthur Christmas) and produced by longtime Sony Pictures Animation producer Kirk Bodyfelt.
The lead voice cast from the first film returns, including Bill Hader (Saturday Night Live, Men In Black 3) as inventor Flint Lockwood; Anna Faris (Scary Movie, The House Bunny) as brainy weather girl Sam Sparks; James Caan (The Godfather, Elf) as Flint’s technophobic dad, Tim Lockwood; Andy Samberg (Saturday Night Live, Hotel Transylvania) as Swallow Falls’ local celebrity “Baby” Brent; Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother, The Smurfs) as Steve the gummy bear-loving monkey; and Benjamin Bratt (Law & Order, Miss Congeniality) as Sam’s mild mannered cameraman Manny. In addition, Terry Crews (The Expendables 2) joins the cast to take on the role of Earl, the town cop.
Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers picks up where Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood’s genius is finally being recognized as he’s invited by his idol Chester V (Will Forte of Saturday Night Live) to join The Live Corp Company, where the best and brightest inventors in the world create technologies for the betterment of mankind. Chester’s right-hand-gal – and one of his greatest inventions – is Barb (Kristen Schaal of Toy Story 3 and 30 Rock), a highly evolved orangutan with a human brain, who is also devious, manipulative and likes to wear lipstick.
It’s always been Flint’s dream to be recognized as a great inventor, but everything changes when he discovers that his most infamous machine – which turns water into food – is still operating and is now creating mutant food beasts. With the fate of humanity in his hands, Flint and his friends must embark on a dangerously delicious mission, battling hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, apple pie-thons, double bacon cheespiders and other food creatures to save the world… again!
I. ULTIMATE COLLECTOR’S EDITON: 5-DISC COMBO PACK
(BD 3D + BD Feature + BD Supplemental Material + DVD + DIGITAL COPY)
BLU-RAY – DISC 1 INCLUDES:
· “La Luna” Theatrical Short - Fans will love this charming short that accompanied the film in theatres. It follows a young boy on his first night working the family business alongside his father andgrandfather.
· “The Legend of Mor’du” Short - This rousing new bonus short film will give fans the chance to delve deeper into the legend behind Mordu, as told by the eccentric witch who transformed him.
· Brave Old World - Fans will watch as members of the “Brave” production team investigate Scotland, exploring its land, culture, people and dialects. The research they gathered was brought thrillingly to life in thefilm. Also, fans will hear what actress Emma Thompson (voice of Queen Elinor) thinks of Pixar’s take on her homeland.
· Merida & Elinor - With the creation of Merida and Elinor, the Pixar filmmakers delved deep into the relationship between mother and daughter. Highlighting contrasts in character design, clothing, animation, voicing, even hairstyle, watch how the filmmakers explored this most important of relationships.
· Bears - Take a look inside the art and design behind the bears in “Brave.” Each of the bears, gentle Mum-Bear and terrifying Mor’du, demanded a different approach to creating their physical appearance and personality.
· Brawl in the Hall - A fascinating and hilarious inside look at the process of creating “Brave’s” fighting Scots, through animation, crowd simulation and fight choreography – not to mention a room full of grunting men whose vocal chortles added authenticity to the raucous scene.
· Wonder Moss - Fans will explore how “Brave’s” technical artists examined the real Scottish countryside and studied the laws of nature, then turned thesefindings into computer codes that would blanket Merida’s Scotland in lush moss, lichen and bracken.
· Magic -The magic and mystery of Scotland is revealed to fans in this charming feature about the legends – from mystical potions to the will-o’-the-wisps – seen in “Brave.”
· Clan Pixar - At Pixar, getting into character is a team effort. From making Haggis to Kilt Fridays to celebrating the Scottish poet Robert Burns, fans will see how the “Brave” production crew truly embraced Scottish themes and customs fueled the Pixar crew throughout the creation of “Brave.”
· Once Upon A Scene - A closer look at the evolution of the storylines throughout the production of the film, including alternative openings to the film and many deleted scenes.
· Extended Scenes - Three separate scenes are highlighted in their extended form. Director Mark Andrews discusses the decision making process that led to the shortened versions of these scenes.
· Director Commentary
BLU-RAY DISC 2 INCLUDES:
· “Fergus & Mor’du” An Alternate Opening - Once upon a time, “Brave” had a different opening scene. Eventually cut from the film, fans can see it in its entirety in this bonus feature narrated by the film’s director Mark Andrews.
· Fallen Warriors Montage - A selection of deleted shots that were cut from the film late in production are presented to fans in various stages ofcompletion through a video montage narrated by director Mark Andrews.
· Dirty Hairy People - Fans will enjoy this uproarious bonus feature discussing the development of “Brave’s” Scots – including the design of their hair, attire, and dirt-crusted physiques.
· It is English…Sort Of - This bonus feature helps fans interpret some of the more Scottish lines in the film, thanks to the real Scottish actors who play the key characters and contributed their own dialects and sayings.
· Angus - A look at Merida’s most trusted companion, Angus, a mighty Clydesdale.
· The Tapestry - Fans will learn the story behind this embroidered emblem of family unity, which was lovingly crafted by “Brave’s” team of artists.
· Promotional Pieces - This bonus includes promotional clips for “Brave,” including: “Feast Yer Eyes,” “Relics,” “Clan DunBroch,” ”Launch,” and more.
· Art Gallery - A selection of breathtaking art from the creation of the film, showcasing characters, sets, scenes and stunning landscapes.
· Wee Gaffes - A video montage of simulation, animation and shot bloopers.
· Renaissance Animation Man - Get a look at Director Mark Andrews’ love of Scotland, sword-fighting, music and more!
· Teasers and Sneak Peeks
BLU-RAY 3D DISC INCLUDES:
· “La Luna” Theatrical Short
· “La Luna” Theatrical Short
· “The Legend of Mordu” All-New Short
· Director Commentary
II. COLLECTOR’S EDITION: 3-DISC BLU-RAY COMBO PACK
(BD Feature + BD Supplemental Material + DVD)
III. 1-DISC DVD
Next Tuesday, August 28th the WarnerArchive.com is releasing Sky Commanders, the 13-episode action cartoon series from The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, on DVD. The series follows a diverse group of soldiers led by General Mike Summit as they protect the planet from the evil General Lucas Plague and his goons, "The Raiders."
Arjun: The Warrior Prince is an animated mythological action film that recounts the untold story of Arjun, hero of the Mahabharata. The film was not produced by Disney, but by UTV Animation. Disney is the distributor as it acquired the rights after purchasing UTV motion pictures.
BURBANK, Calif. (Sept. 4, 2012) —Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) debuted a newly restored digital print of the once-thought-lost 1928Oswald the Lucky Rabbit animated short “Hungry Hobos” at the Telluride Film Festival on September 2, according to Dave Bossert, producer/creative director and head of special projects for WDAS. The film, which was found in a private film vault in England in 2011, was acquired by Disney that same year and has undergone extensive digital restoration. “Hungry Hobos” will debut in Telluride, Colorado as part of a special animation shorts program presented by leading film historian and restoration expert Serge Bromberg. Also on the program (“Serge Bromberg’s Retour De Flamme”) was a sneak peek at Disney’s newest animated short “Paperman,” which premiered at this year’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival, generating excitement in the industry for its innovative hybrid use of computer animation and hand-drawn techniques.
Following up on their "Friendship Express" and "Royal Pony Wedding" DVDs this year, Shout! Factory has announced the December 4th release of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Adventures In The Crystal Empire. This new single-disc release is priced at $14.97 SRP, and will be available in stores at general retail.
Users browsing this forum: GiveWarAChance and 33 guests