Advertisement

Cartoons & Animation

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 515 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Advertisement

sdsichero

Re: Cartoons & Animation

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Finding Dory Adds Co-Director

There will be two directors for the upcoming “Finding Dory” sequel film to “Finding Nemo” – Andrew Stanton will be one director and Angus MacLane will be the other director.
Image Image Image ImageImage

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:38 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Dates Set for Madagascar 4, The Croods 2, Puss in Boots 2, Captain Underpants, and Hitman

On the animated side, DreamWorks Animation has scheduled a March 18, 2016 release date for the Tom McGrath-directed Boss Baby.

They have also set Captain Underpants for January 13, 2017. There is no other film scheduled for that date yet.

Two months later, on March 10, 2017, will see the release of Kevin Lima's Mumbai Musical.

Later that year, the world's first family returns in The Croods 2, which is scheduled for November 3, 2017. While no other film is on that date, that month also has the animated Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas on Nov. 17 and an untitled Pixar film on Nov. 22.

Moving into 2018, set for February 16, 2018 is the animated comedy musical project set in the Australian outback, Larrikins.

DreamWorks Animation will again bring back Ben Stiller's Alex, Chris Rock's Marty, David Schwimmer's Melman and Jada Pinkett Smith's Gloria in Madagascar 4 on May 18, 2018. There's no other film on that date yet.

And in November 2, 2018 we'll see the return of Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots in Puss in Boots 2: Nine Lives & 40 Thieves.

sdsichero

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:05 am

Hmnnn I wonder how Pixar will deal with this... they were planning a day of the dead movie...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:43 pm

DreamWorks Animation Brings "Dinotrux" to Netflix as Original Series

LOS ANGELES and BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., June 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — DreamWorks Animation and Netflix are bulldozing back to a prehistoric world of epic proportions with the debut of Dinotrux , an all-new action-packed original series featuring hybrid dinosaur-construction characters who are set to build and battle over three seasons, beginning in Spring 2015. Based on Chris Gall ‘s award-winning book series, the first of which was named by Publisher’s Weekly as 2009′s Children’s Book of the Year , DreamWorks Animation’s Dinotrux is set in a fantastical world filled with lava-flowing volcanoes, lush forests and a megaton cast of loveable characters who are half-dinosaur, half-mechanical construction vehicle and all fun!

Also...
Netflix Orders Up Some Ever After High
Netflix has partnered with Mattel to produce 12 animated episodes of “Ever After High” – a series based on the toymaker’s line of sons and daughters of famous fairytale characters. The 12 episodes will be preceded by a feature film – “Ever After High Unsprung” – before debuting in 2015.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Never heard of this...

Adult Swim Premieres First Online-Only Series, J.J. Villard’s ‘King Star King’

I don't like this though:
The Titmouse-produced series was originally planned for broadcast television, but for unknown reasons (possibly related to content), the network chose to release the entire six-episode season online, with one exception: the final episode is viewable only after completing ten levels of the King Star King game Floppy King.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:11 am

Albert Brooks in Talks for Illumination's Untitled Pets Project

Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's fifth fully-animated movie, their Untitled Pets Project, already has a very funny trio of voice actors in Louis C.K., Eric Stonestreet and Kevin Hart, all making their animated debuts, but The Wrap reports they'll be joined by Hannibal Buress (Neighbors), "Saturday Night Live" veteran Bobby Moynihan, Lake Bell and Ellie Kemper ("The Office"). Furthermore, they're in talks with Albert Brooks to join the voice cast, following his memorable role as Marlin in Pixar's Finding Nemo and its upcoming sequel Finding Dory.

The general concept behind the film is to show what the pets in one Manhattan apartment building get up to while their masters leave for work and school. Louis C.K. voices the building's top dog Max, who suddenly finds himself having to share his owner's love with a new dog named Duke (Stonestreet), the two of them having to work together when they end up on the streets. Hart voices Snowball, a bunny rabbit building an army of ex-pets to try to turn on their former masters.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Is it time to hope?! From Steve Wacker's ask me page...

http://askwacker.tumblr.com/post/89274501793/any-chance-marvel-animated-series-will-offer-more

Question
Any chance Marvel animated series will offer more continuous stories than the current episodic ones? We all love animated series with story arcs :) Also any chance that Avengers Assemble second season will adapt some famous Avengers comics? I feel the show could be awesome if it adapts some known storylines.
Answer
Yup. There are some longer stories headed your way. This week in fact we announced the epic “Spider-Verse” story on the next season of Ultimate Spider-Man.

I love the idea of adapting some classic Marvel stories, so stay tuned.

http://askwacker.tumblr.com/post/89274739213/hi-stephen-i-am-very-happy-to-see-that-you-will-be
Question
Hi stephen, I am very happy to see that you will be overseeing Marvel animation writing. The writers of the current shows, while are all VERY talented, it seems there is a lack of coordination or a lack of confidence when writing the shows. The current series feel all over the place. I really hope you can make these shows and future ones compete and even surpass the spectacular spider-man, Avengers EMH and 90's x-men and spidey in terms of GOOD storytelling, that is aimed at all ages.
Answer
I will tell everyone to add more ‘confidence’!!!

I hope you dig what’s coming up. Some big announcements coming in the next month.

(emphasis mine)

Promising...

But... Wacker does like USM :-(

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:23 pm

They did run the first episode on TV some time ago. Guess it didn't do too well in the ratings.

I don't like this though:

Yeah, unless the final episode follows up on what happens during those levels somehow, it's probably a bad idea.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Mark your calendars

Also:

Never heard of that one before...

EDIT: Some coverage of the Inside Out preview...

CS Gets an Early Look at Pixar's Inside Out

And the logo...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:36 pm

"SMART" Deal for Xing Xing Digital and Pelagius Entertainment

BEIJING, CHINA, JUNE 20 — Beijing Based Xing Xing Digital and L.A. Production Company Pelagius Entertainment announced today an international co-production for the animated movie SMART. Budgeted at $22M, the adventure comedy will be directed by John A. Davis (JIMMY NEUTRON; THE ANT BULLY) from a script by S.D. Katz and David Freeman. This is Davis’ first feature film since the 2006 release of THE ANT BULLY, when he took time off to explore his other interests, photography and astronomy. “I have kept an eye out for the right kind of script that fits my sensibility and SMART arrived with funding in place and a way to work in the fastest growing movie market in the world.”

SMART is a screwball, animated comedy about an emotional robot that forms an unlikely alliance with two abandoned pets to stop the nefarious plans of an evil toy manufacturer.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Zagtoon Expands Into the United States, Pitches New Properties

There will be a new big player in America’s animation business soon, if the folks at Zag Studios have anything to say about it.

Founded by Jeremy Zag and Saban Entertainment co-founder Jacqueline Tordjman, Zag is an entertainment firm based in France that has expanded into a global enterprise with offices in Paris, Brussels, Seoul, Tokyo and Beverly Hills since its establishment in 2009. Its TV animation division Zagtoon specializes in CGI animated television programming for kids that has already reached over 150 markets around the world, while Zag Animation Studios is developing feature film projects both animated and a mixture of animation with live action. Now with a brand new studio opening in Glendale, California this summer and a presence at the 2014 Licensing Expo in Las Vegas this past week, Zag has set its sights on North America.

Zag is touting its ongoing development and production of twelve different original properties. Four in particular made their North American debut at the 2014 Licensing Expo: LadyBug, Ghostforce, Superstar and Powearth. Curiously public information about Powearth seems entirely elusive, but information and assets exist for the other three.

See article for more.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Disney TV Animation Begins Production on ‘Pickle & Peanut’

It’s getting harder and harder to tell the difference between YouTube cartoons dreamt up by teens in their bedrooms and big-budget TV studio productions created by professionally-trained artists.

Today, Disney Television Animation announced the beginning of production on Pickle & Peanut, a “buddy comedy series about two unlikely friends—an emotional pickle and a freewheeling peanut…two underdogs who dream up plans to be anything but ordinary.” Of course, you wouldn’t know any of that from the promotional artwork Disney released since the expression-less identical poses of the pickle and peanut betray no sign of personality or character except their questionable sense of sunglass fashion.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum