Advertisement

Cartoons & Animation

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 709 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Advertisement

sdsichero

Re: Cartoons & Animation

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:50 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:11 pm

"My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks" Coming to Theaters September 27, 2014

Tame your ponytails because it’s about to get rocky! Hasbro Studios and Shout! Factory partner with Screenvision to bring “everypony” a sequel from the successful feature of My Little Pony: Equestria Girls comes … MY LITTLE PONY EQUESTRIA GIRLS: RAINBOW ROCKS in theaters September 27th! Dance in your seats, wiggle your tails, and get ready to rock out as Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Princess Twilight form a new rock band that’ll go head-to-head with the newest girl group in Battle of the Bands at CHS

Book your tickets at a theater near you: http://www.screenvision.com/cinema-events/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-rainbow-rocks/

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:32 pm

New The Book of Life trailer

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Disney To Release “The Making Of Frozen” Special On ABC

August 13, 2014 by Alex Bean
Disney will be releasing a special entitled “The Story of Frozen: Making An Animated Disney Classic” on ABC next month. The one-hour special will delve into the Walt Disney Animation Studios and see the work of the creative team that produced the blockbuster film as well as appearances by voice-stars Kristin Bell and Idina Menzel and what the next steps will be in the “frozen” universe. Additionally, ABC/Disney will provide a preview of “Frozen” characters Anna, Elsa and Kristoff on the ABC show “Once Upon A Time” and conclude with a sneak peek at the upcoming Disney movie “Big Hero 6”.

“The Story of frozen: Making An Animated Disney Classic” on ABC on September 2, 2014.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 am

John Lithgow to Completely Re-Record His Work for Pixar’s THE GOOD DINOSAUR; Says Original Story Was “Dismantled and Reimagined”

We’ve had a new Pixar movie every year for eight years now, so when The Good Dinosaur was pushed back from May 30, 2014 to November 25, 2015, it was tough not to be both concerned and disappointed, especially considering what went down prior to that announcement. Almost exactly a year ago, word got out that director Bob Peterson was removed from the project. On top of that, Peterson’s co-director, Peter Sohn, didn’t even get the solo gig. Instead, he’s overseeing it as part of the Pixar Brain Trust.

When we expressed our disappointment regarding the Good Dinosaur delay and the lack of a Pixar movie this year, Lithgow explained:

“I recorded the entire role in Good Dinosaur. They have now dismantled it and completely reimagined it, and it is a fantastic new story. So I’m gonna record again on it within the next month. Don’t worry. It’s coming and it’s gonna be better than I ever imagined.”

In fact, Lithgow also made a point of noting:

“But me and Frannie McDormand, we’re still playing Momma and Poppa dinosaur.”

Does that mean some of the roles might have been re-cast? Of course this is only speculation, but considering the Good Dinosaur roster was loaded with in-demand talent, it seems like that’s a possibility.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:55 am

*sigh* I'll go see it, but... why do that? It might be good but why even bother using the names? Kind of frustrating as a BH6 fan.

Disney Animation's 'Big Hero 6' creates a vivid new corner of the Marvel movie universe
One of the things that happens now at the studio is that directors who are working on films for the studio are approached as their projects are winding down and asked to come up with three ideas that they want to pursue. They bring those three ideas into a room to meet, and they have to be sure that these are all ideas that they would want to throw themselves into. Lasseter talks about how important it is not to put all of your emotional eggs into one creative basket, knowing how things happen. "Big Hero 6" was born in the period where Don Hall was wrapping up work on "Winnie The Pooh," and it sounds like it began with a simple question that was asked endlessly online when Marvel was purchased by Disney.

"Can we work with Marvel properties and make movies in the Marvel universe?"

Hall, a fanboy since childhood, was the first one to ask officially, and Lasseter told him that Bob Iger had indeed suggested that Marvel was a resource to be utilized. That started Hall down a rabbit hole of research as he started looking up characters both famous and obscure. It was in one strange corner of the X-Men universe that he first stumbled across "Big Hero 6," a book that existed for a hot second back in the late '90s and that attempted a comeback about six years ago. Sunfire and Silver Samurai were both part of the launch of the book, but are obviously tied up in Fox's overall X-Men deal. It was a later line-up that was used by Hall and Chris Williams in their film, and even though the names match, that's about all that readers of the book will recognize. Even the relationship that appears to be the core of this new film is something that was largely imagined for the movie.

It's also the thing that got Lasseter to say yes to the movie. "The simple story of this young guy who is a young prodigy genius in robotics who has a great relationship with his brother, but his brother dies early on. The robot that his brother left behind then becomes his surrogate brother who helps him grow and mature, and that's what got us all excited."

Didn't know that's what it was about? Before today, I'll be honest… I didn't know much about the movie at all. I'd seen the first very cute trailer with Baymax, the big white robot, and the kid. Beyond that, I knew about the Marvel connection, but I've never seen an issue of the book, and I had no idea what it was about. Today's presentation is the first time I knew about the X-Men connection.

One thing they wanted to make clear today, though, is that this really isn't a superhero movie. "It's a supernerd movie," Lasseter explained. "No one has super powers. They have their brains, and they have technology, and that's what they use to save the day."

It's a Marvel movie in the sense that the source material was originally published by Marvel, but this wasn't produced by the same team who have been working on the live-action Marvel movies. Instead, they met with Williams and Hall and made it clear that they fully expected to see the material adapted so that the end result will be a Walt Disney Feature Animation movie. And the fact that the studio finally seems to have a real handle on what that means is the reason the films are connecting with audiences.

sdsichero

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:45 pm

DreamWorks Delays Release of ‘How to Train Your Dragon 3′

DreamWorks announced yesterday that they will push back the release date of How to Train Your Dragon 3 to June 9, 2017. No reason was given for the delay.

The film, which will be directed and written by Dean DeBlois, was originally slated to be released on June 17, 2016, which is also the release date of the Pixar sequel Finding Dory. DreamWorks will also release Croods 2 in December 2017.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Disney Animators Get Involved On Indiegogo Project - Hullabaloo Ensues

September 4, 2014 by Alex Bean

Some Disney animators, led by James Lopez, have created a short animated film centered on a steampunk heroine named Victoria Daring and entitled “Hullabaloo” on crowdfunding site, Indiegogo – surpassing their original goal of $80,000 and now aiming for $140,000 so they can produce a second episode…

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 498 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Do you think it has anything to do with how poorly the sequel did at the box office?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Rockman wrote:
Do you think it has anything to do with how poorly the sequel did at the box office?

Probably. I liked it though.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:22 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Dreamworks Animation Makes Date For Larrikins In 2018

September 8, 2014 by Alex Bean

Dreamworks Animation has officially given a release date for the Australian animated musical movie “The Larrikins” – about a family of bilbies [rabbit-bandicoot-like animals that live Down Under] and their adventures in the Aussie outback – directed by Tim Minchin [“Matilda”].

“The Larrikins” is currently scheduled to be released on January 25, 2018 in Australia and February 16, 2018 in the USA.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum