Monday, December 10, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Guest-starring Wolverine's cold, dead corpse!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Comcast Officially Bids $65 Billion For Fox

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Comcast Officially Bids  Billion For Fox

This tops Disney's $52 billion deal.

Source: Deadline

What would you do with an extra $65 billion in cash? That's the price Comcast is officially offering to buy Fox, outbidding Disney's offer, which was already accepted, of $52 billion in stock. This is up from Comcast's rumored offer of $60 billion. Wall Street analysts expect Disney to match Comcast's offer, potentially taking on $37 billion in debt to do so.

Now that the AT&T and Time Warner merger has been approved, it's only a matter of time until Fox is absorbed by either Comcast or Disney. 

We'll see if that extra $13 billion is enough to keep the Fantastic Four and the X-Men from coming home to Marvel.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I really am rooting for Disney on this one as it seems that Comcast just wants to bid for Fox just to spite Disney.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm

What possible reason would there be for Comcast to spend all this money just to "spite" Disney? :?

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm

There is apparently only one portion of the deal that Comcast is interested in obtaining to it make come down to both Disney and Comcast getting some of Fox's assets. As long as Disney get FF and X-Men back then I am cool with Comcast getting the rest lol.
Fox is really deep into the fine points of the deal with Disney already so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Comcast getting Fox would help them to get Sky and thereby get a better grip on the European pay tv market. Almost makes sense for Amazon getting the broadcast rights to the Premier League.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 am

Tyr Stormbringer wrote:There is apparently only one portion of the deal that Comcast is interested in obtaining to it make come down to both Disney and Comcast getting some of Fox's assets. As long as Disney get FF and X-Men back then I am cool with Comcast getting the rest lol.
Fox is really deep into the fine points of the deal with Disney already so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

And the cinematic rights for the original Star Wars trilogy...

As for the other properties, I think Universal would handle them better than Disney has. I can't see Disney doing anything with Aliens where Universal would have a field day with it.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:12 am

Glaeken wrote:Comcast getting Fox would help them to get Sky and thereby get a better grip on the European pay tv market. Almost makes sense for Amazon getting the broadcast rights to the Premier League.

I read an article saying that's what Comcast is really after... Disney may let Comcast take that and just bid on the cinematic stuff.

leave a comment with facebook