Advertisement

Community

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1278 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Community

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:14 am

I am very curious to see what direction Community will take with Troy and Abed after this episode and I am not just talking about their friendship. Just look back at the episodes since Community has been back from hiatus. Abed is straying deeper into his own world and while the results are often hilarious, everyone around him is starting to take notice and begin to worry a bit.

What about Troy? The Vice Dean clearly comes off as somebody who isn't too be trusted, especially since he has been orchestrating the division in Troy and Abed's friendship...but, he does notice Troy's natural talent for air conditioning repair. Where does Troy go now?

Also, I saw that Punchy mentioned that he thought that the whole Jeff and Annie thing is getting kinda boring, at least in this episode, because she is constantly surprised by how shallow he can be. While, I do agree that it is a little played out that is just the nature of the whole "will they/won't they" relationship cliche. At some point in time writer's became convinced that the only way for a relationship to be interesting in any form of media is to keep teasing people over whether or not the characters involved will actually start a romantic relationship. If you ask me, most modern day "will they/won't they" stories are boring because at the end of the day the reasons that the writers create for these characters not to be together are so mind numbingly stupid that you want to pull your hair out. Currently Community appears to be using this struggle as a way to show Jeff's growth. Looking back at the past few episodes, you can clearly see that Jeff does take Annie's concerns to heart. Hopefully Community will figure out a way to add a breath of fresh air into the "will they/won't they" cliche.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 am

Sakie wrote:I am very curious to see what direction Community will take with Troy and Abed after this episode and I am not just talking about their friendship. Just look back at the episodes since Community has been back from hiatus. Abed is straying deeper into his own world and while the results are often hilarious, everyone around him is starting to take notice and begin to worry a bit.

What about Troy? The Vice Dean clearly comes off as somebody who isn't too be trusted, especially since he has been orchestrating the division in Troy and Abed's friendship...but, he does notice Troy's natural talent for air conditioning repair. Where does Troy go now?

Also, I saw that Punchy mentioned that he thought that the whole Jeff and Annie thing is getting kinda boring, at least in this episode, because she is constantly surprised by how shallow he can be. While, I do agree that it is a little played out that is just the nature of the whole "will they/won't they" relationship cliche. At some point in time writer's became convinced that the only way for a relationship to be interesting in any form of media is to keep teasing people over whether or not the characters involved will actually start a romantic relationship. If you ask me, most modern day "will they/won't they" stories are boring because at the end of the day the reasons that the writers create for these characters not to be together are so mind numbingly stupid that you want to pull your hair out. Currently Community appears to be using this struggle as a way to show Jeff's growth. Looking back at the past few episodes, you can clearly see that Jeff does take Annie's concerns to heart. Hopefully Community will figure out a way to add a breath of fresh air into the "will they/won't they" cliche.

They need to do something like what Parks and Rec did with Andy and April, get the will they/won't they over with quickly and just marry them off.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 am

Punchy wrote:They need to do something like what Parks and Rec did with Andy and April, get the will they/won't they over with quickly and just marry them off.

I don't think they need to marry them off but I do agree that whatever they are going to do, they need to do it quickly. If they want Jeff and Annie to be in a full-blown relationship, then they just need to put them together already.

On a side note; what does everybody think of "Evil" Abed appearing in the dreamatorium during "Contemporary Impressionists?" Was that really the "Evil" Abed from "Remedial Chaos Theory" or is it all a part of Abed's imagination?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:34 am

Sakie wrote:
I don't think they need to marry them off but I do agree that whatever they are going to do, they need to do it quickly. If they want Jeff and Annie to be in a full-blown relationship, then they just need to put them together already.

On a side note; what does everybody think of "Evil" Abed appearing in the dreamatorium during "Contemporary Impressionists?" Was that really the "Evil" Abed from "Remedial Chaos Theory" or is it all a part of Abed's imagination?

All part of his imagination, this show isn't going to go all Fringe on us.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 585 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:38 am

The will they or won't they thing on this show isn't a concern of mine. If they do - okay. If they don't - okay. Because of the nature of the show and the characters themselves, they would never last as a couple anyways (even if they hook up on the very last episode (which I hope is a long ways off)).

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:54 am

Punchy wrote:All part of his imagination, this show isn't going to go all Fringe on us.

I am sure that you're right but I find it very interesting. Unless Community really is going to go full-blown meta, we know that Abed created "Evil" Abed during "Remedial Chaos Theory" when he created the alternate realities for each corresponding number of the dice. So bringing "Evil" Abed back and having him attempt to have Abed give in to his dark side is just another example of the other characters's concerns for Abed's mental state.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 am

Amoebas wrote:very last episode (which I hope is a long ways off)).

Six seasons and a movie! :-D

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 585 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

Sakie wrote:
I am sure that you're right but I find it very interesting. Unless Community really is going to go full-blown meta, we know that Abed created "Evil" Abed during "Remedial Chaos Theory" when he created the alternate realities for each corresponding number of the dice. So bringing "Evil" Abed back and having him attempt to have Abed give in to his dark side is just another example of the other characters's concerns for Abed's mental state.

I'm fine with 'RCT' just being a bunch of what-if stories with no consequences at all in the 'Abed catches the die' universe. Until your posts I never even considered they could have been 'real'.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 am

Sakie wrote:

I gotta disagree with whole Jeff/Annie thing. I think the creators are playing with the whole "will they/won't they" aspect rather than really doing it. To me, they act like good friends most of the time with even a brother/sister dynamic to their relationship. And then they realize that they have feelings for one another, and it gets weird.

If anything, Britta and Jeff have gotten closer again and that's been cool to see.

Seeing Evil Abed in any form is awesome. I also love the line acknowledging that not many people would get it.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 560 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

I don't mind Jeff and Annie's relationship at this point. It's part of Annie's character to be naive like that, it's part of Jeff's character to act in his own self interest 90% of the time.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:03 am

Pillowtown vs. Blanketburg was hilarious!

FundingTheKryptonite

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Comic Book Blogger

Postby FundingTheKryptonite » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Excellent episode, though the previous one with Subway was brilliant on quite a few levels. Sometimes I worry this show is too smart for its own good.
Funding the Kryptonite - A Blog Where Supervillainy Meets Good Business

CountD
Undead Member

Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Keb wrote:Pillowtown vs. Blanketburg was hilarious!

I love the way Chase went from Pillowtown to Blanketburg, got demoted at Blanketburg, then went back to Pillowtown! :lol:

CountD
Undead Member

Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:59 pm

don't know if this has been discussed already, not going more than a page back past the Punchy drama...but TMZ reported that Chevy Chase is having a dispute with the show's writer. I wonder what will come of it. :smt017

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:05 pm

CountD wrote:don't know if this has been discussed already, not going more than a page back past the Punchy drama...but TMZ reported that Chevy Chase is having a dispute with the show's writer. I wonder what will come of it. :smt017

Yeah, it was discussed. They both seem like douches.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum