Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Community

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:14 am

I am very curious to see what direction Community will take with Troy and Abed after this episode and I am not just talking about their friendship. Just look back at the episodes since Community has been back from hiatus. Abed is straying deeper into his own world and while the results are often hilarious, everyone around him is starting to take notice and begin to worry a bit.

What about Troy? The Vice Dean clearly comes off as somebody who isn't too be trusted, especially since he has been orchestrating the division in Troy and Abed's friendship...but, he does notice Troy's natural talent for air conditioning repair. Where does Troy go now?

Also, I saw that Punchy mentioned that he thought that the whole Jeff and Annie thing is getting kinda boring, at least in this episode, because she is constantly surprised by how shallow he can be. While, I do agree that it is a little played out that is just the nature of the whole "will they/won't they" relationship cliche. At some point in time writer's became convinced that the only way for a relationship to be interesting in any form of media is to keep teasing people over whether or not the characters involved will actually start a romantic relationship. If you ask me, most modern day "will they/won't they" stories are boring because at the end of the day the reasons that the writers create for these characters not to be together are so mind numbingly stupid that you want to pull your hair out. Currently Community appears to be using this struggle as a way to show Jeff's growth. Looking back at the past few episodes, you can clearly see that Jeff does take Annie's concerns to heart. Hopefully Community will figure out a way to add a breath of fresh air into the "will they/won't they" cliche.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 am

Sakie wrote:I am very curious to see what direction Community will take with Troy and Abed after this episode and I am not just talking about their friendship. Just look back at the episodes since Community has been back from hiatus. Abed is straying deeper into his own world and while the results are often hilarious, everyone around him is starting to take notice and begin to worry a bit.

What about Troy? The Vice Dean clearly comes off as somebody who isn't too be trusted, especially since he has been orchestrating the division in Troy and Abed's friendship...but, he does notice Troy's natural talent for air conditioning repair. Where does Troy go now?

Also, I saw that Punchy mentioned that he thought that the whole Jeff and Annie thing is getting kinda boring, at least in this episode, because she is constantly surprised by how shallow he can be. While, I do agree that it is a little played out that is just the nature of the whole "will they/won't they" relationship cliche. At some point in time writer's became convinced that the only way for a relationship to be interesting in any form of media is to keep teasing people over whether or not the characters involved will actually start a romantic relationship. If you ask me, most modern day "will they/won't they" stories are boring because at the end of the day the reasons that the writers create for these characters not to be together are so mind numbingly stupid that you want to pull your hair out. Currently Community appears to be using this struggle as a way to show Jeff's growth. Looking back at the past few episodes, you can clearly see that Jeff does take Annie's concerns to heart. Hopefully Community will figure out a way to add a breath of fresh air into the "will they/won't they" cliche.


They need to do something like what Parks and Rec did with Andy and April, get the will they/won't they over with quickly and just marry them off.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 am

Punchy wrote:They need to do something like what Parks and Rec did with Andy and April, get the will they/won't they over with quickly and just marry them off.


I don't think they need to marry them off but I do agree that whatever they are going to do, they need to do it quickly. If they want Jeff and Annie to be in a full-blown relationship, then they just need to put them together already.

On a side note; what does everybody think of "Evil" Abed appearing in the dreamatorium during "Contemporary Impressionists?" Was that really the "Evil" Abed from "Remedial Chaos Theory" or is it all a part of Abed's imagination?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:34 am

Sakie wrote:
I don't think they need to marry them off but I do agree that whatever they are going to do, they need to do it quickly. If they want Jeff and Annie to be in a full-blown relationship, then they just need to put them together already.

On a side note; what does everybody think of "Evil" Abed appearing in the dreamatorium during "Contemporary Impressionists?" Was that really the "Evil" Abed from "Remedial Chaos Theory" or is it all a part of Abed's imagination?


All part of his imagination, this show isn't going to go all Fringe on us.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:38 am

The will they or won't they thing on this show isn't a concern of mine. If they do - okay. If they don't - okay. Because of the nature of the show and the characters themselves, they would never last as a couple anyways (even if they hook up on the very last episode (which I hope is a long ways off)).
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:54 am

Punchy wrote:All part of his imagination, this show isn't going to go all Fringe on us.


I am sure that you're right but I find it very interesting. Unless Community really is going to go full-blown meta, we know that Abed created "Evil" Abed during "Remedial Chaos Theory" when he created the alternate realities for each corresponding number of the dice. So bringing "Evil" Abed back and having him attempt to have Abed give in to his dark side is just another example of the other characters's concerns for Abed's mental state.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 am

Amoebas wrote:very last episode (which I hope is a long ways off)).


Six seasons and a movie! :-D
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

Sakie wrote:
I am sure that you're right but I find it very interesting. Unless Community really is going to go full-blown meta, we know that Abed created "Evil" Abed during "Remedial Chaos Theory" when he created the alternate realities for each corresponding number of the dice. So bringing "Evil" Abed back and having him attempt to have Abed give in to his dark side is just another example of the other characters's concerns for Abed's mental state.


I'm fine with 'RCT' just being a bunch of what-if stories with no consequences at all in the 'Abed catches the die' universe. Until your posts I never even considered they could have been 'real'.
User avatar

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 am

Sakie wrote:
I don't think they need to marry them off but I do agree that whatever they are going to do, they need to do it quickly. If they want Jeff and Annie to be in a full-blown relationship, then they just need to put them together already.

On a side note; what does everybody think of "Evil" Abed appearing in the dreamatorium during "Contemporary Impressionists?" Was that really the "Evil" Abed from "Remedial Chaos Theory" or is it all a part of Abed's imagination?


I gotta disagree with whole Jeff/Annie thing. I think the creators are playing with the whole "will they/won't they" aspect rather than really doing it. To me, they act like good friends most of the time with even a brother/sister dynamic to their relationship. And then they realize that they have feelings for one another, and it gets weird.

If anything, Britta and Jeff have gotten closer again and that's been cool to see.

Seeing Evil Abed in any form is awesome. I also love the line acknowledging that not many people would get it.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

I don't mind Jeff and Annie's relationship at this point. It's part of Annie's character to be naive like that, it's part of Jeff's character to act in his own self interest 90% of the time.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:03 am

Pillowtown vs. Blanketburg was hilarious!

FundingTheKryptonite

Tip Top Dancer

Postby FundingTheKryptonite » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Excellent episode, though the previous one with Subway was brilliant on quite a few levels. Sometimes I worry this show is too smart for its own good.
User avatar

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Keb wrote:Pillowtown vs. Blanketburg was hilarious!


I love the way Chase went from Pillowtown to Blanketburg, got demoted at Blanketburg, then went back to Pillowtown! :lol:
User avatar

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:59 pm

don't know if this has been discussed already, not going more than a page back past the Punchy drama...but TMZ reported that Chevy Chase is having a dispute with the show's writer. I wonder what will come of it. :smt017
User avatar

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:05 pm

CountD wrote:don't know if this has been discussed already, not going more than a page back past the Punchy drama...but TMZ reported that Chevy Chase is having a dispute with the show's writer. I wonder what will come of it. :smt017


Yeah, it was discussed. They both seem like douches.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, BarrySagittarius, GiveWarAChance, Google [Bot], Grayson, pastajoe, sdsichero, Stephen Day, StrongStyleFiction, VaderTheTrader, Yahoo [Bot] and 43 guests