Advertisement

Contacting A Girl Post-Convention Without Being Creepy

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 0 post

Contacting A Girl Post-Convention Without Being Creepy

Postby ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:36 pm

I attended a local nerd convention on Saturday. A female wearing a stylish homemade costume caught my eye. I wanted to talk to her and take some pictures, because she had dark hair, very pretty eyes and a slim figure. Unfortunately she could have passed for 16/17 and was costumed as a teen-aged comic book character, so I never approached her.

I searched the name of the convention on Twitter and Instagram Sunday night but could not find her picture. Eventually I was able to find one picture when I searched for her character's name on Twitter. This picture led me to her Tumblr, where I discovered she was 23-years-old. I searched the name of her Tumblr on Google and found her Reddit. She came off as pretty cool and relatable on her Reddit posts.

I exhaustively searched through her Tumblr for her last name, leading me to her Twitter and Instagram. She is into a ton of the same comics I read and television I watch plus we both went to the same high school.

So how do I contact her without coming off as creepy?

My only idea so far is to go into our LCS, find out from the owner when she usually picks up her comics, then try to run into her there.
Last edited by ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Re: Contacting A Girl Post-Convention Without Being Creepy

Postby jeremy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Too late, I think cyberstalking her already took things too far. I'd try to run into her in person if you can catch her at the comic shop and never mention the internet stuff.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Step 1). Eliminate phrases like "Fenway hot", from your vocabulary.

Step 2). Delete this thread and make up a different story about how you found her contact info

Step 3). ?

Step 4). Profit!!

Hab

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Thread of the fucking year.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:08 pm

"She looked like she could be 16/17, so I didn't talk to her BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME FROM CYBERSTALKING HER."

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Jesus, man. :smt011

I can't believe I'm even helping here, but...you two went to the same high school, so there must be some connection, right?

And let us know if your shop owner actually aides you in this. In case this goes to court, we (and Rich, of course) want the whole story before we judge you (and mock you endlessly on the front page).
Last edited by superfictious on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Wow. :lol:

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:So how do I contact her without coming off as creepy?

Ummmm...

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:
I searched the name of the convention on Twitter and Instagram Sunday night but could not find her picture. Eventually I was able to find one picture when I searched for her character's name on Twitter. This picture led me to her Tumblr, where I discovered she was 23-years-old. I searched the name of her Tumblr on Google and found her Reddit. She came off as pretty cool and relatable on her Reddit posts.

I exhaustively searched through her Tumblr for her last name, leading me to her Twitter and Instagram. She is into a ton of the same comics I read and television I watch plus we both went to the same high school.

My only idea so far is to go into our LCS, find out from the owner when she usually picks up her comics, then try to run into her there.

Yeah, that ship has sailed.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Also, pics?
:groucho:

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

oogy wrote:Also, pics?
:groucho:

Yeah, this, and pics of her at the convention, not through a shower peephole.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Saved this post for historical purposes in case it gets deleted.

muddyglass
cheese

Liked in: 1 post
Title: fear and trembling

Postby muddyglass » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:34 pm

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:I attended a local nerd convention on Saturday. A female wearing a stylish homemade costume caught my eye. I wanted to talk to her and take some pictures, because she was Fenway-hot (very pretty eyes and slim). Unfortunately she could have passed for 16/17 and was costumed as a teen-aged comic book character, so I never approached her.

maybe she's familiar with the outhouse. i suggest that you post one picture of her in this thread so that she could recognize your intent and then realize how romantic this whole thing is. to help matters along, you could even post her name, the name of your high school, and the name of the convention in this thread as well. girls who are fenway-hot will understand why there's no creepiness here at all.
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 pm

TPTB wouldn't dare delete this thread.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum