Friday, July 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Contacting A Girl Post-Convention Without Being Creepy

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:36 pm

I attended a local nerd convention on Saturday. A female wearing a stylish homemade costume caught my eye. I wanted to talk to her and take some pictures, because she had dark hair, very pretty eyes and a slim figure. Unfortunately she could have passed for 16/17 and was costumed as a teen-aged comic book character, so I never approached her.

I searched the name of the convention on Twitter and Instagram Sunday night but could not find her picture. Eventually I was able to find one picture when I searched for her character's name on Twitter. This picture led me to her Tumblr, where I discovered she was 23-years-old. I searched the name of her Tumblr on Google and found her Reddit. She came off as pretty cool and relatable on her Reddit posts.

I exhaustively searched through her Tumblr for her last name, leading me to her Twitter and Instagram. She is into a ton of the same comics I read and television I watch plus we both went to the same high school.

So how do I contact her without coming off as creepy?

My only idea so far is to go into our LCS, find out from the owner when she usually picks up her comics, then try to run into her there.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Too late, I think cyberstalking her already took things too far. I'd try to run into her in person if you can catch her at the comic shop and never mention the internet stuff.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Ever.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Step 1). Eliminate phrases like "Fenway hot", from your vocabulary.

Step 2). Delete this thread and make up a different story about how you found her contact info

Step 3). ?

Step 4). Profit!!

Hab

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Thread of the fucking year.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:08 pm

"She looked like she could be 16/17, so I didn't talk to her BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME FROM CYBERSTALKING HER."

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:15 pm

:lol:

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Jesus, man. :smt011

I can't believe I'm even helping here, but...you two went to the same high school, so there must be some connection, right?

And let us know if your shop owner actually aides you in this. In case this goes to court, we (and Rich, of course) want the whole story before we judge you (and mock you endlessly on the front page).

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Wow. :lol:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:So how do I contact her without coming off as creepy?

Ummmm...

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:
I searched the name of the convention on Twitter and Instagram Sunday night but could not find her picture. Eventually I was able to find one picture when I searched for her character's name on Twitter. This picture led me to her Tumblr, where I discovered she was 23-years-old. I searched the name of her Tumblr on Google and found her Reddit. She came off as pretty cool and relatable on her Reddit posts.

I exhaustively searched through her Tumblr for her last name, leading me to her Twitter and Instagram. She is into a ton of the same comics I read and television I watch plus we both went to the same high school.

My only idea so far is to go into our LCS, find out from the owner when she usually picks up her comics, then try to run into her there.

Yeah, that ship has sailed.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Also, pics?
:groucho:

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

oogy wrote:Also, pics?
:groucho:

Yeah, this, and pics of her at the convention, not through a shower peephole.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Saved this post for historical purposes in case it gets deleted.

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:34 pm

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo wrote:I attended a local nerd convention on Saturday. A female wearing a stylish homemade costume caught my eye. I wanted to talk to her and take some pictures, because she was Fenway-hot (very pretty eyes and slim). Unfortunately she could have passed for 16/17 and was costumed as a teen-aged comic book character, so I never approached her.

maybe she's familiar with the outhouse. i suggest that you post one picture of her in this thread so that she could recognize your intent and then realize how romantic this whole thing is. to help matters along, you could even post her name, the name of your high school, and the name of the convention in this thread as well. girls who are fenway-hot will understand why there's no creepiness here at all.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 pm

TPTB wouldn't dare delete this thread.

leave a comment with facebook