Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Assholes welcome."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

CRASH (2004)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dooz

Postby Dooz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:16 pm

[4 year old rant]

Just watching this now...

Is society really this openly racist? Every character seems to be "I'm not racist but..." and its really fucking annoying.

[/4 year old rant]

ps-Jennifer Esposito is the hawtness

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Kid Doozer wrote:[4 year old rant]

Just watching this now...

Is society really this openly racist? Every character seems to be "I'm not racist but..." and its really fucking annoying.

[/4 year old rant]

ps-Jennifer Esposito is the hawtness

The movie is really anti-asian too

Dooz

Postby Dooz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:23 pm

jza1218 wrote:The movie is really anti-asian too

I thought it represented the asians-under-cars community quite even-handedly.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:26 pm

TBH, I don't think any Crash games out in 2004 were more or less racist than other games in the series.

Why did I post that :(

Dooz

Postby Dooz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Twigglet wrote:TBH, I don't think any Crash games out in 2004 were more or less racist than other games in the series.

F'in Purples, always trying to get a hand-out.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:35 pm

I never saw it, but all I heard about the movie seemed to be pandering to the 'racists everywhere' crowd. Not something I'd ever care to watch.

Dooz

Postby Dooz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I never saw it, but all I heard about the movie seemed to be pandering to the 'racists everywhere' crowd. Not something I'd ever care to watch.

It both enforces any stereotypes you might have and makes you feel bad for having them.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:41 pm

Kid Doozer wrote:It both enforces any stereotypes you might have and makes you feel bad for having them.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. I don't do the guilt thing.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Crash was preachy. It's getting the Best Picture Oscar pretty much sealed its fate as suckitude, especially as Brokeback Mountain was its competition, and clearly a better film.

daitong

penile prisoner

Postby daitong » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Crash was so ham-fisted and sanctimonious in its racial depictions and messages.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:41 am

Never saw it. Probably never will.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:55 am

I thought the acting in it was good. I didn't understand what Brendan Fraser and Sandra Bullock's problem was. And that scene where the old man goes to the locksmith's house and shoots the girl was like...

Jonathan

Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:04 am

Never actually saw the whole movie. Got to the part where the cop was feeling up the black producer's wife in the beginning, then stopped, just 'cause I made everybody laugh with a silly comment.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:44 am

Crash was either brilliant in an untintentionally-a-genius-satire kind of way (e.g. Avengers Disassembled) or it just sucked donkey nuts for trying to be poignant and utterly failing.

kingofcities

dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:41 am

I liked it. The racism is over the top but the acting performances more than made up for it.

And in case you folks hadn't heard, there's a Crash TV show coming out next season. I do think that's stretching it a bit..

leave a comment with facebook