We wanted to get this into another webisode, but have some external business things that keep delaying that.
Briefly here’s an update:
1. Paypal updates are forthcoming, we’re letting a few prominent members of the community talk with our account manager on behalf of the community. If this still won’t be enough proof for you, we’ve been told that we can probably get featured in their upcoming app gallery on Paypal’s website. They’re building it now, so it might take a while.
2. Packages – There’s still a lot of debate on if these are realistic. First thing we need to point out is that we (SMGO) will indeed have to purchase the licensing rights for these packages – and we have planned to do so from the start. It is now explained in the FAQ (http://www.smgo.tv/learn/faq
) on the site if you have more question
3. The Goal – The other main source of resistance has been the sheer size of the goal. A lot of people feel that this goal is simply unattainable, and therefore not worth trying to achieve. That is a self-defeating prophecy. We determined this goal based on the sheer size of YJ’s active viewing audience and the estimated production costs.
4. New name and Picture for the campaign – We know that not everyone can contribute monetarily, but it was suggested early on that we might be able to engage the artistic side of the community by asking for some media to replace the (mundane) picture we have up in the box on the save YJ page. If you’re interested and are up to a challenge here are the rules:
a. No characters,or logos (even the font is not acceptable)
b. (Respectful) Hashtags are encouraged
c. Inside Jokes are encouraged
d. Nothing obscene – keep it clean
e. If you want to claim credit for a piece, put it in the bottom right.
We can wait to see your ideas and work ! Start to post on our Facebook wall!
5. Q&A – we want to set up a quick Q&A session sometime this week – likely Wednesday night. Might do a uStream or IRC, if there is a preference please let us know. Topics will be about us, and things related to this fan campaign.