Advertisement

Daredevil 29 (spoilers)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Daredevil 29 (spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Amoebas wrote:In the battle of which book is better - the last few issues of Daredevil make it a clear cut choice that Hawkeye is the better book (and with each new issue of DD, the gap widens).

These last two issues could have been about the dangers and effects of bullying but instead it wandered into a typical action strip - of which I'm still trying to wrap my head around this new Sons of the Serpent stuff.

The SotS's plan was to false arrest some guy, so that they could get him into court so that they could kill him (not forgetting that they had to spend ages successfully infiltrating both the courts and the NYPD in unbelievable numbers) and then they had to arrange/hope that a black man would be in the area so that they could frame him for the shooting AND for igniting a bomb in order to start a race war.

Color it up any way you want - that's a pretty fucking amazing/stupid plan that only worked because Waid wanted it to. And now the Sons of the Serpent are talking on ol' green-skin n Hulk. :roll:

For an organization that has been led by communists, demons (and a black man) - why would even the worst bigot ever join up?

I think the idea is that the Serpents were inside the Justice System anyway, not just for this case.

Advertisement

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 381 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:26 pm

A.R.P. wrote:So I take I'm the only person who hasn't enjoyed this title for months on end? The arc before this couldn't have been more crushingly disappointing with the reveal of the "mastermind", and now this arc is as cliche as cliche can be. I mean, really? The bully from childhood turns out to be an overweight loser now crawling back to the person he tormented who is now successful for help?

Regarding Bullseye as the mastermind... I read that breakdown from themurdockpapers about how it was going to be the Master Planner, and I really liked that. That made a LOT of sense, actually. That said, I trust Waid & think he's got a bigger plan here.

If you have trouble with this "reveal", I could see the bully as an unreliable narrator, with the truth somewhere in the middle, if that helps.

And Ikari... yeah, he's somewhat of a dark reflection of Daredevil. Did you poo poo the idea of Venom when he first appeared, saying "He's SUCH a ripoff of Spider-Man! He's even wearing Spidey's old costume!" Were you bored with Wolverine & Sabretooth's first fight? I admit, it's easy for the "evil twin" thing to get boring & stale. But with his "try the red one" line... yeah, I LIKED his first story. 8)

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:Also, who else is pretty certain that Nelson & Murdock will be temporarily changing its name to Walters & Murdock next issue?

Huh. Could TOTALLY see that.

BTW, I saw a "Diary of She-Hulk" book at Books-A-Million today. And it's by Peter David. 8)

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:21 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Im going to have to go with HNutz on this, chap. While I love Hawkeye and the ways that it plays with the medium, we've watched the same goings-on from different perspectives for the past 3 issues. I'm really excited to read upcoming issues since they'll more directly deal with developments in Clint and Kate's respective stories. Daredevil is well-told AND contains things actually happening. It gets the edge!

Yes we've read the same going on from different perspectives for three issues. But it's been done in a way that still seems so entertaining. That's an amazing achievement.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Having said my peace in the Hawleye/Daredevil debate, I will say that I really enjoyed this issue. Yeah, a story in which a hate organization infiltrates the justice system isn't exactly a new idea. Waid, so far, is writing it in a way that is really entertaining. In the end, that's all I want.

Thank you Troy for the sig

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 381 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:30 am

Stephen Day wrote:Having said my peace in the Hawleye/Daredevil debate, I will say that I really enjoyed this issue. Yeah, a story in which a hate organization infiltrates the justice system isn't exactly a new idea. Waid, so far, is writing it in a way that is really entertaining. In the end, that's all I want.

I like how the Sons of the Serpent are gaining prominence by appearing in both Daredevil AND Hulk at the same time.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum